ENUGU STATE WATER CORPORATION
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
INSTITUTIONAL TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Enugu State Government has received a financing from the French Development Agency (AFD) to support the 3rd National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP 3). The project aims to provide technical and investment assistance to Enugu State Government in an effort to reform the urban water sector, provide basic water services in the state capital and achieve financial viability for its water utilities.
The Implementing Agency and contracting authority, on behalf of the Enugu State Government, is the Enugu State Water Corporation (ENSWC).
Enugu State Government intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following services: Institutional Technical Assistance [ITA] to be based in the office of the Honourable Commissioner of Enugu State, Ministry of water resources, State secretariat, Enugu.
The services of the Institutional Technical Assistance shall include assistance to accompany the final approval and effective implementation of the Enugu State Water Law. The tasks to be performed include, but not limited to, support about the development and implementation of:
- New statutes for ENSWC focused on urban areas, statutes for the Rural Water Supply Agency and Small Town Agency;
- Implementation of the recently developed new pro-poor tariff policy and Financial model for ENSWC;
- A 3-year performance contract between Enugu State and ENSWC, a 5-year business plan for ENSWC;
- Assistance to the Enugu State Government in preparing and implementing a redeployment plan of human resources of the water agencies due to the changes occurred within the Law;
- Costing of passage and implementation of the Water Law including proposed implementation plan and evaluating the institutional needs for ENSWC – Urban to operate as an autonomous agency;
- Consolidated estimates of accumulated bills owed and payable to ENSWC and coordinate recovery/mitigation measures from the Enugu State;
- Assistance to the re-organization of ENSWC with the following activities but not limited to:
- Analysis of the efficiency of existing organizational structures.
- Recommendations on measures to facilitate the coordination between the Headquarters and ENSWC Business area units, in order to improve the overall effectiveness.
- To work closely with ENSWC-Urban senior management to design and implement a new corporate organization.
- Development of a Private Sector Participation (PSP) models through exchange and benchmarking visits.
The indicative Implementation period shall be two (2) years
Enugu State Water Corporation now invites Consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested applicants must provide the following information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services:
- Evidence showing the field of specialty of the firm (“Consultants profile”/brochures).
- Evidence showing that the firm is a legal entity (certificate of registration).
- Evidence showing the technical and managerial capacities of the firm in the field of assignment.
- Description of similar assignments. Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
- The contracts size;
- The nature of the Services: “Institutional Technical assistance
- The technical area and expertise: “Institutional and organizational studies/diagnosis;
- Experience of working in similar geographical regions.
The firm/joint venture shall present maximum of 15 completed or ongoing relevant similar assignments performed during the last 10 years only. There shall be at least 3 assignments for which the value of the consultancy services, performed by the firm or a member of the JV, must be more than 0.8 million US dollars. For each similar assignment presented, the consultant shall provide a letter from the Client with the name and contract address of the client (office & e-mail address, and telephone number), date(s) of execution, name(s) of lead and associate firms, contract amount and financing sources.
The Client will also take into account for the evaluation of the applications the following items:
- Skills and availability of in-house technical back-up experts provided to the on-site experts;
- Quality assurance procedures and certifications of the Applicant: ISO 9001 or equivalent.
Applicants may associate to enhance their qualifications. If the Applicant is a JV, the Expression of Interest (EOI) shall include a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members. Alternatively, a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement in the event of a successful proposal shall be signed by all members and submitted with the EOI, together with a copy of the proposed Agreement.In the absence of this document, the other members will be considered as Sub-consultants. Experiences and qualifications of Sub-consultants are not taken into account in the evaluation of the applications.
The Applicant shall submit only one application, either in its own name or as a member of a Joint Venture (JV). If an Applicant (including any JV member) submits or participates in more than one application, those applications shall be all rejected.
However, the same Sub-consultant may participate in several applications. One (1) original and one (1) soft copy of Expression of Interest (EOI) must be delivered no later than 29th October, 2019 to the address below:
The Managing Director
Attn: Procurement Engineer (SPIU)
Enugu State Water Corporation
Headquarters Building [SPIU]
No.3 Constitution Road, GRA, Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria.
Tel: +2348033265195, +2348037112076
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours [9.00am – 4.00pm, Mondays-Fridays]
Eligibility criteria to AFD’s financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries”, available online on AFD’s website www.afd.fr.
Among the submitted applications, the Client will shortlist a maximum of 6 Consultants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent. The Client is not bound to shortlist any Applicant. Note: Please, contact Enugu State Water Corporation for a Statement of Integrity, Eligibility and Social and Environmental Responsibility. You can find the document on AFD website (https://www.afd.fr/en/responding-bid-invitation). A signed true copy of the document must be attached to the application. Annex 1 – Statement of Integrity