REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NEWMAP)
CREDIT NO: 51050 UNI
Deadline: 4:00pm on February 20th, 2019.
Engagement of Procurement Consultancy Services to the Federal Project Management Unit (FPMU) of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP)
REFERENCE NO.: NG-NEWMAP-FPMU-19589-CS-QCBS
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include providing the PMU at the Federal and State levels implementation and delivery supports in ensuring that procurement processes and project implementation are done in accordance with the Guidelines for Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (the Procurement Guidelines); the Guidelines for Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (the Consultant Guidelines) and within the consideration or government bureaucratic procedures without creating conflicts that could be adverse to the smooth implementation of the project. The Consulting work is very critical to the success of the overall project being envisaged.
Scope of the Assignment
General Procurement Activities
Preparation of Project Work Plan and Procurement Schedules for goods and Works under ICB, NCB, LIB, International/National Shopping (IS/NS).
i. Coordinate with other-members of the PMUs and Technical Committees in finalizing the technical specifications of the goods to be procured.
ii. Coordinate with selected Engineering Committees in finalizing the drawings/specification and BOQ for civil works.
iii. Based on the standard bidding documents of the World Bank, assist in the preparation of the bid document for various packages contained in the procurement plan as per agreed timelines.
iv. Co-ordinate with the PMUs for obtaining “No Objection” from World Bank for the technical specifications/BOQ/drawings and the bid document.
v. After finalization of the bid document, issue the advertisement in newspapers (only for ICB, NCB and Shopping) and in UNDB/dg Market (through the World Bank only for ICB).
vi. Coordinate the pre-bid conference, if proposed for the package, prepare the Minutes of pre-bid conference and circulate the same to all the bidders who have purchased the bid documents, under information to the World Bank (only for prior review cases).
vii. Coordinate the issuance of addendum/clarifications to the bid document, if required, under information to the World Bank (only for prior review cases).
viii. Arrange for clarifications to be sent to all bidders and publish in the PMUs websites for any queries received from the potential bidders before the deadline for submission of bids.
ix. Assist in the opening of the bids as per the time indicated in the bid document.
x. Coordinate with PMUs, Technical Committees other stakeholders in the technical and commercial evaluation of the bids.
xi. Share the bid evaluation report with the World Bank and obtain the “No Objection” (only for prior review cases).
xii. Prepare and issue the contract document to the winning bidder and provide the feedback to the unsuccessful suppliers.
xiii. Publish the contract award notice.
xv. Coordinate the pre-shipment and post-shipment inspections, if required.
xvi. Monitor the contract management including timely supply of the goods, release of payment, issuing contract amendments, inventory management etc.
xvii. The bid documents and BER received from the state PMUs should be reviewed for quality check and response sent on behalf of Federal PMU.
xviii. If any bid documents and BER of PMUs require Bank’s review and clearance, then the same should be checked and submitted to the Bank.
xix. In case of cancellation of any tender, for any reasons, prescribed guidelines of the World Bank is to be followed.
Duration of Services
The Consulting firm shall be appointed on contract for an initial period of One year which will be renewable based on performance.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.newmap.gov.ng.
The Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) now invite eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Shortlisting Criteria are:
- Evidence of legal status of the firm (business and years in business) shall not be less than 10 years relevant general working experience;
- Profile of firm including ownership structure with full contact details;
- Capability profile of the firm (Track Records); include details of experience in similar assignment;
- Technical and managerial capability of the firm;
- Experience of working in a similar geographical region.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraph 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” October 2017 (or insert date of applicable Procurement Regulations edition as per the legal agreement (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment.
Consultants shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or that may place them in a position of being unable to carry out the assignment in the best interest of the Borrower, without limitation on the generality of the foregoing. Consultants shall not be hired under the circumstances set forth below:
- A firm that has been engaged by the Borrower to provide Goods, Works, or Non consulting Services for a project (for an affiliate that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with that firm), shall be disqualified from providing Consulting Services resulting from, or directly related to, those Goods, Works, or Non-consulting services. This provision does not apply to the various firms (Consultants, Contractors, or Suppliers), which together are performing the contractor’s obligations under a turnkey or design and build contract;
- A firm that has been engaged by the Borrower to provide Consulting Services for the preparation or implementation of a project (or an affiliate that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with that Consulting firm), shall be disqualified from subsequently providing Goods, Works, or Non-consulting Services resulting from, or directly related to those Consulting Services. This provision does not apply to the various firms (Consultants, Contractors, or Suppliers), which together performing the contractor’s obligations under a turnkey or design and build contract;
- Neither a Consultant (including personnel and sub-consultants), nor an affiliate (that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Consultant), shall be hired for any assignment that, by its nature, creates a conflict of interest with another assignment of the Consultant;
- Consultants (including their experts and other personnel, and sub-consultants), that have a close business or family relationship with a professional staff of the Borrower, or of the project implementing agency, or a recipient of a part of the Bank’s financing, or any other party representing or acting on behalf of the Borrower, that is directly or indirectly involved in any part of:
a) The preparation of the TOR for the assignment;
b) The selection process for the contract; or
c) The supervision of the contract, may not be awarded a contract, unless the conflict stemming from this relationship has been resolved in a manner acceptable to the Bank throughout the selection process and the execution of the contract.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a Joint Venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below at the address below during office hours from 10:00am to 16:00pm. Mondays to Fridays, excluding public holidays.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) not later than 4:00pm on February 20th, 2019.
The Federal Project Coordinator,
Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management
No.56, Mamman Nasir Street, Off T.Y. Danjuma
Street, Asokoro, Abuja
E-mail: : firstname.lastname@example.org