FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES (FMWR)
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE LEASE OF FARMLANDS UNDER GURARA PHASE I, DAM PROJECT
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) is interested in leasing farmland from the Azare-Jere Irrigation Farms under Gurara Phase 1 Multi-purpose Dam to effectively operate and manage the existing irrigation system, create jobs and enhance food security.
The Gurara phase I Multi-Purpose Dam has a reservoir of 880 million cubic meters with a capacity to supply raw water to the FACT, generator 30 MW hydropower, Irrigation and aquaculture activities. The Irrigation farmland has been completed with the installation of Centre Pivot Systems.
The Farmlands to be leased are in four (4) lots as shown on the table below:
|LOT 1||Farm I (AzaraJere)||340|
|LOT 2||Farm 2 (AzaraJere)||640|
|LOT 3||Farm 3 (AzaraJere)||480|
|LOT 4||Dam Site||235.5|
|TOTAL AREA AVAILABLE||1,695.5|
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources invites interested commercial farmers to express interest in a Lease Contract towards carrying out the following activities.
• Utilize the irrigation infrastructure in carrying out farming activities.
• Operate and maintain the irrigation infrastructure, including the secondary and tertiary pipelines within the farm.
• Make contributions for the maintenance of associated infrastructure, including roads and primary pipelines.
• Make payment for land and water charges for carrying out irrigation activities and
• Other value additions over the whole life cycle of the agricultural activities.
The Lessee may consist of a commercial farmer or consortium of farmers, with the necessary financial and technical competences to carry out farming activities on at least 200Ha of Irrigated farmland.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOI):
Expressions of Interests (Eols) from prospective Investor/concessionaire should indicate their interest by providing the following:
1. Evidence of Company Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
2. Certified true copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association with CAC forms CACO 2 & CACO 7 inclusive (where applicable)
3. Company’s profile including Full name of contact person, postal address, telephone/fax numbers, and email addresses and major clients handled in the last three (3) years and professional experience of key personnel including their Curriculum Vitae.
4. Evidence of Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) Years 2016, 2017 and 2018) expiring on 31 December, 2019.
5. Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
6. Audited financial statements for the past three (3) years 2016, 2017 and 2018).
7. Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019:
8. Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019;
9. Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
10. The Firm Expressing Interest as a Consortium must show evidence of Joint Venture (JV) agreement and/or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the parties.
11. Evidence of track records of successfully carrying out irrigation farming activities and managing irrigation infrastructure up to 200Ha.
12. Evidence of availability or access to farm equipment
13. Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/1/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
14. Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars
Expressions of Interest must be submitted in six (6) hard copies (one original & five copies) and one soft copy (in a readable CD) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FOR THE LEASE CONTRACT OF AZARA JERE IRRIGATION SCHEME IN KADUNA
STATE and it should be delivered not later than 15:00hrs Nigerian time on 15th January, 2020 to the address below:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Water
Old Federal Secretariat
Attention: Director of PPP
All EOls will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 15:00hrs Nigerian time on 15 January, 2020. Interested bidders are welcome to attend if desired.
Please note that:
• Only shortlisted firms will be invited for further consideration.
• Late submission will be returned un opened
• This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of FMWR to appoint any firm nor shall it entitle any firm submitting documents to claim any indemnity.
• FMWR reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received in the Eol.
• Federal Ministry of Water Resources reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made on the documents submitted by the companies.
• Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 08.00 am to 16:00 pm Monday through Friday (except public holidays)
• Submissions via courier will be accepted if delivered within the submission time shown above
• Expression of Interest through email or fax will not be accepted
• All submissions must be made in English Language.
Mrs. Ekaro Comfort C.