THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES
3rd NATIONAL URBAN WATER SECTOR REFORM PROJECT
(CREDIT NO Cr 5416-NGI)
INVITATION TO BID FOR REHABILITATION OF WATER TREATMENT PLANT WATERWORKS AND DRILLING OF BOREHOLES IN GOMBE, JIGAWA AND KANO STATES (3NUWSRP/WKS/NCB/1/2019)
1. This invitation for Bids follows the General procurement Notice (GPN) for the above project that appeared in the United Nations Development Business issue no. WB1853 of 17 April, 2015.
2. The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of 3rd National Urban Water Sector Reform Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to payments for the Rehabilitation of Water Treatment Plant, Water Works And Drilling of Boreholes In Gombe, Jigawa and Kano States.
3. The Federal Ministry of Water Recourses now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Rehabilitation of Water Treatment Rant, Water Works and Drilling of Boreholes in Gombe, Jigawa and Kano States as described below:
|DESCRIPTION||LOCATION||PERIOD||BID SECURITY (NGN)|
|Rehabilitation of water treatment plant, water works and drilling of boreholes in Gombe, Jigawa and Kano States||Gombe State, Jigawa State, and Kano State||9 months||2.5% of the Total Bid Price|
4. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible source Countries as defined in the guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the Federal Project Implementation Unit office at No. 15, Ajesa Street, plot 937, Cadastral Zone A07, Wuse II, Abuja on working days from 10.00am to 5.00pm.
6. Eligibility and Qualification requirements include:
(i) Article of incorporation or Registration of form
(ii) Latest Income Tax Clearance Certificate
(iii) Latest VAT Registration Certificate
(b) Financial Capability:
(i) The audited accounts for the last three years 2016, 2017, and 2018 shall be submitted to demonstrate the current soundness of the bidder’s financial position
(ii) The required average annual turnover shall be greater than N700 Million over the last 5 years.
(iii) The minimum amount of liquid assets and or credit facilities net of other contractual commitments of the Bidders shall be N500 Million
(c) Experience and Technical Capacity:
(i) Experience as prime contractor or sub-contractor in the construction works for at least five(5)years.
(ii) The required number of similar contracts completed shall be one (1) over a period of three (3) years.
(iii) Major items of construction equipment proposed to carry out the contract are but not limited to:
(a) Excavator -1; (b) Wheel loader -1; (c) forklift 5 tones -1; Dumpers – 2; (d) Concrete mixers -1 (tilting drum type) and transmitters -1; (e) Vibrator pokers – 2; (f) survey equipments; (Air compressor; (g) Diesel Generator on Trolley -1; (h) Drilling Rig -1 etc.
(iv) Demonstration of adequate and qualified key personnel to cany out the works meeting the following requirements:
(a) Project Manager; (b) Civil Engineer; (c) Electro-Mechanical Engineer; (d) Hydrogeologist/geologist
(e) Quantity Surveyor; (f) Borehole driller
Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20, 000.00) only into our TSA Account number: 0020293661139; National Urban Water Sector Reform Project. Bidding Document will be available from Thursday, 31 October, 2019.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before Thursday, 12:00noon of 28 November, 2019. Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representative, who choose to attend in person at the address below at 3:00pm of 28 November,2019.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as stated in the bidding document.
10. The address referred to above is:
National Urban Water Sector Reform Project Office,
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
15, Ajesa street, Plot 937, Cadastral Zone A07, Wuse II,
P.O. Box 4276 Garki, Abuja
Attention: National Project Coordinator
MRS. EKARO COMFORT C.
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES
AREA 1 SECRETARIAT, GARKI-ABUJA