FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OTUOKE
BAYELSA STATE, NIGERIA
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF GOODS FOR THE TETFUND 2018 ZONAL INTERVENTION
The Federal University Otuoke is one of the Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2011. In compliance with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act 2007 and other extant government regulations., the University intends to undertake the procurement of goods, works and services for the implementation of the 2018 Zonal Intervention project following the allocation of funds by the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND). Competent and experienced contractors with track record of prompt delivery of similar projects are hereby invited to submit bids for the following project:
The following projects are the projects to be bided for under this intervention:
Lot 1: Procurement. Installation, Testing of Equipment of Surveying Laboratory
Lot 2: Procurement, Installation, Testing of Equipment of Cementing Laboratory
Lot 3: Procurement. Installation, Testing of Equipment of Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
Lot4: Procurement, Installation, Testing of Equipment of Materials Laboratory
3. SCOPE/NATURE OF GOODS, WORKS AND SERVICES
The scope of the above stated project includes supply, installation and testing of various engineering laboratory and workshop equipment and tools for surveying, cementing, fluid mechanics and materials laboratories in Federal University Otuoke.
4. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
(1) Certificate of Incorporation from Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC2 and CAC7 or Form CAC1.1 (2) Certificate of compliance from PENCOM in accordance with the Pension Reform Act 2004 valid till 31 December, 2019. (3) Evidence of current tax clearance certificates for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017, 2018) valid till 31December. 2019, with minimum average annual turnover of N100 million
(4) Company Audited account for the last three (3) years 2016,2017,2018 duly stamped by a reputable audit firm.
(5) Certificate of compliance from Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) valid till 31st December, 2019.
(6) Provision of current certificate of compliance from Industrial Training Fund (ITF) valid till 31st December, 2019.
(7) Evidence of registration on the Bureau of Public Procurement National data of consultants and Suppliers by the inclusion of Internal
Registration Report (IRR) issued by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) expiring 31 January, 2020
(8) Company profile with Curriculum Vitae of technical/Management Staff and with evidence of previous work experience, detail clients, nature of work/contract, contract sum and copies of academic and professional qualification i.e COREN, QSRBN, CORBON, ARCON, etc.
(9) List of plants/equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease.
(10) Evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the past five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Job Completion Certificates, Valuation Certificates and photographs for ongoing projects.
(11) Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable Commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed. (12) A sworn Affidavit indicating that:
(a) None of the Directors of the company has been convicted in any court of law for criminal offence involving financial impropriety.
(b) No officer of the relevant committee of the Federal University Otuoke or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
(c) The company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
(13) All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the company/firm letter headed paper bearing amongst others the registration number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone number (GSM) and email address.
5. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Tender documents are to be obtained from the Head of Procurement Unit, Office of the Vice-Chancellor, Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State. Completed tenders are to be returned along with evidence of payment of a non-refundable Tender fee of Ten Thousand (N10,000.00) Naira only per Lot payable to Federal University Otuoke Account No. 0300496961017 through the CBN e-payment platform (REMITA) in any commercial bank in Nigeria. (6.0)
6. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to present both Technical and Financial Tender documents (1 original and 2 photocopies) to be submitted in separately sealed envelope and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid” respectively. Thereafter, the two sealed envelopes should be inserted together in a bigger sealed envelope and addressed to the Vice-Chancellor, Federal University Otuoke, 400 Boulevard Otuoke, Bayelsa State and clearly marked with the name of the project. Furthermore, the reverse side of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder. The sealed tampered envelope should be dropped in the Tender box located at the office of the Vice-Chancellor not later than 12:00 noon on Monday, 18 November, 2019. Bidders are to sign the bid submission register in the office of the Vice-Chancellor, Federal University Otuoke.
7. OPENING OF TECHNICAL BIDS
The submitted Technical Bids shall be publicly opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12: 00 noon on Monday, 18 November, 2019 at the Faculty of Science Board Room. Bidders, Non-Governmental Organizations and Interested members of the general public are hereby invited to attend.
8. IMPORTANT NOTICE/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
(i) Bids submitted after the deadline for submission will be returned unopened.
(ii) All costs will be borne by the Bidders as the University will not be held responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested party(ies) in connection with any response to this invitation.
(iii) Federal University is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
(iv) No Company should bid more than two (2) lots
(v) The University is not obliged to award the contract to the lowest bidder.
(vi) The Federal University Otuoke is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007