PROJECT TITLE: SUPPORT TO STRENGTHENING RESILIENCE IN NORTH-EAST NIGERIA
FUNDING AGENCIES: EUROPEAN UNION AND THE GERMAN FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC COOPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT
IMPLEMENTATION: GERMAN FEDERAL ENTERPRISE FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION GIZ GMBH
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
GIZ is looking for Qualified Companies for the Construction and rehabilitation of social infrastructure such as prototype schools, primary health care centers, market halls and shops, storage facilities, ventilated improved pit (VIP) toilets and multi-use sport fields in various locations in Borno and Adamawa States.
Works include the construction of blocks of 2 classroom, 3 classroom 6 classroom (two level building) and 8 classroom (two level building) blocks of market halls, shops and storage facilities. The works also include the construction of multi-use sport fields for handball, football, football (mini), basketball and volley ball, including spectator stands, proper fencing and admin/security post – this list is not complete but gibe an over view about typical works,
All works must follow the National Building Code of Nigeria (NBC).
The works will be tendered in lots by geographical reference. A first tender is aiming to realize up to 25 social infrastructure projects (about 10 projects in Maiduguri and 15 in Mubi North, Mubi South & Maiha Local Government Areas). In case of satisfactory results, initial contracts could be prolonged to finalize the subject lots
If your professional profile fulfills the following criteria:
– Proven experience with the execution of similar projects
– Proven technical capacity and capability
– Proven qualified professional employees and staff
We are interested in your expression of interest
Due to the aim to support local communities, companies from Borno and Adamawa would be favoured but must meet the below mentioned criteria.
Accordingly, GIZ invites interested and qualified firms to furnish GIZ Nigeria Country Office with the following
1. An official letter expressing interest clearly indicating business area as Building Construction Company and having a fully functional office with staff in Borno and/or Adamawa.
2. Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
3. Proof of successful completion of at least three (3) similar projects within similar projects within the north-east (social infrastructure projects with a minimum contract value of 30,000,000 NGN each) in the last five (5) years with the name of the client, a phone number and email address of a contract person for each reference
4. Comprehensive company profile with a list of qualified employees including CVs of one (1) licensed project manager having at least a master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture with minimum of seven (7) years of experience in managing similar projects, as well as one (1) licensed site engineer/builder having at least a bachelors’ degree in civil Engineering or Building with minimum of seven (7) years of experience in executing similar projects. Employers should preferable be form the region and must be able to speak the local language. All CV’s should be a minimum five pages and all employees provided should be readily available throughout the project lifetime unless replaced by (dependent on the approval by GIZ) an employee with similar qualification and experience.
5. Evidence of being financially capable to finance such tender preferably by introductory bank letter.
6. Recent tax clearance certificate for the last three (3) years indicating minimum turnover of 10,000,000 NGN per years
7. Evidence of current compliance with the Pension Reform Act, Including PENCOM clearance certificate.
For consideration, all interested bidders must initially send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org labeled
Expression of interest 83322871
Requesting for pre-qualification template documents (pre-qualification form and CV template), complete the pre-qualification template documents electronically and submit the aforementioned documents as hard a copy in a sealed envelope to GIZ Nigeria Office reception at No. 4 Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja Labelled:
Expression of interest: 83322871
Your complete documents should not be more than 30 pages otherwise your EOI will not be considered. Only complete documents received at the physical address indicted above not later than Friday June 21st, 2019 by 4pm will be accepted and considered.
The short list for the successful bidders will be a maximum of only ten companies in Boro and Adamawa respectively.
Do not send price offers, kindly note that complete tender documents would be sent to firms that qualify from expressing their interest.