INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO APPOINT EXTERNAL AUDITORS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
Deadline: 16 April, 2019
- The University of Ibadan hereby requests for Expression of Interest (EOI) from qualified Auditing Firms to be appointed as External Auditors.
The scopes of Services include but not limited to the following:
- Review of Accounting System and Internal Controls in order to assess adequacy as a basis for the preparation of the financial statements.
- Review of Accounting Policies for appropriateness, consistency and adequate disclosure
- Carry out Transaction Review of financial operation through tests and enquiries as deemed necessary for the purposes of the audit
- Examine compliance with Public Procurement Act in the Procurement of Goods and Services
- Express an opinion on the Audited Financial Statement
- Prepare a Management Letter showing weakness in the Internal Control System and making necessary recommendations
- Carry out any relevant task as may professionally required from audit opinion.
- Requirements for Submission of Expression of Interest
Interested Audit Firms are required to submit applications, enclosing the following:
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Evidence of registration with office of the Auditor General of the Federation
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years expiring December 31st2019
- Evidence of compliance with Pension Reform Act in accordance with Section 16(1) d of PPA 2007 in terms of current and valid PENCOM Certificate expiring 31st December, 2019
- Evidence of ITF Contributions in compliance with Section 6 (2) of the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act 2011
- Company’s profile and List of names of Key personnel to be deployed for the service, stating their designation, qualifications and experience. Enclose photocopies of professional certificate of the firm and its personnel and Curriculum Vitae (CV) where applicable
- Evidence of Registration with the National Database of Contractors, Consultant and Service Providers by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) in line with Section 5(h) and 6(1)(f)
- Evidence of cognate experience with reputable organizations especially institutions of higher learning. Letter of award must be enclosed
- Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years by a Chartered Accounting Firm (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Bank reference letter from a reputable bank
- Sworn Affidavit in compliance with the provisions of Part IV section 16, sub-section 6(c, e and f) of the PPA 2007
- Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Interested Auditing Firms should submit their EOI with all relevant documents in a well-sealed envelope to the office of the Bursar, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria not later than 12 noon on 16 April, 2019
- The University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of claim(s) made by interested firms and to reject any submission based on unverifiable information
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited for further tendering process.
Olubunmi O. Faluyi MCIPM, MAUA