Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) – Invitation to Tender for The Procurement of Supply and Installation of Solar Power Solution for The National Reference Lab in Abuja – Nigeria
Submission Deadline: Wednesday 17th April 2019
In partnership with the Government of Nigeria, Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) – Nigeria invites competent and reputable companies to submit Invitation to Tender for Supply & Installation of Solar Power Solutions for the National Reference Lab – Abuja (Nigeria) as part of the plan for storage of samples from the Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey. Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) – Nigeria which is being supported by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria through the National Agency for the Control of AIDS and the U.S. Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the U.S. Centers for Diseases Control is pleased to issue this Invitation to Tender for Supply & Installation of solar power solutions.
Consequently, the Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) wishes to engage the services of experienced and qualified contractors to undertake the procurement by requesting the tender documents or collection as Nigeria Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC) required for a hybrid battery storage solution – diesel generator system that will be integrated with existing generators on site to provide 24/7 Electricity to its laboratory in Abuja.
The system will have a 553Kwh Battery capacity in a 20 ft container located at the boundary fence of the lab and logistic base.
The proposed system will have a 553 kWh battery bank, which will provide 6.5 hours off-grid of autonomy.
The system shall include separate feeders for critical and lifesaving laboratory functions, guaranteeing power to priority equipment in the event diesel fuel shortage generator failures.
We also require construction/installation of climate controlled equipment room for the battery bank to ensure the long life of batteries.
- Vendor needs to carry out a site visit for the verification of required details and assessment of installation methods and structural rigidness (to avoid over stressed areas) of roof or slab for the PV panels. It is also required to check the spacing for electrical connection, metering and monitoring equipment’s.
- Any interested and qualified Contracting Firm with relevant experience would be deemed qualified to collect the tender documents at the address stated below between the date of this publication and or before 12:00 noon, Wednesday 17th April 2019.
- The solicitation for Tender shall be based on meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by inclusion of Certificate of Incorporation and Article of Association;
- Detailed Company profile;
- Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate (for the last three years) corresponding with the Audited Financial Statements by inclusion of photocopy;
- Evidence of Compliance with the Pensions Reforms Act, 2004 by inclusion of Compliance Certificate from the National Pension Commission;
- Evidence of Registration in the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by attaching the Interim Registration Report from BPP;
- Evidence of relevant work experience in at least three (3) jobs of similar nature and complexity executed within the last five (5) years with verifiable Award letters and Certificates of Payments or Job Completion;
- Evidence of possession of Financial Capability by inclusion of the declared Annual Turnovers for three (3) years and as related to the Firm’s Audited Accounts;
- Evidence of possession of adequate and qualified personnel to execute the work by inclusion of their resumes, qualifications and professional certificates;
- Evidence of possession of the relevant Equipment, Instruments, Warehouse or/and other relevant facilities where necessary;
- Affidavit that the firm is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy;
- Affidavit that none of the Directors of the company has any criminal conviction relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts;
- Compliance to other specific requirements relevant to the intended procurement.
TENDER EVALUATION, PROCEDURE AND METHOD
- Tenders will be evaluated on the criteria listed below:
- Ability to meet the requirements of the Invitation to Tenders
- Compliance with MGIC terms and conditions
- Total price /cost submission (Value for Money)
- Demonstrable ability to perform all functions related to the scope within the time specified
- Bidders’ references
- Bidders’ product and service offering
- Bidders’ ability to provide pro-active logistic solutions
- Value-added services….etc…
COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
- The contact information for obtaining the tendering documents, by requesting via email or collection is; Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by collecting documents from above address; office No.2, Sirakoro Street, Off Blantyre Street, Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria.
- The subsequent evaluation of the tenders shall be carried out in Office No.2, Sirakoro Street, Off Blantyre Street, Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria by an Evaluation Committee made up of representatives of MGIC and consisting of Senior Procurement Manager, Finance & Administration Manager, Technical Coordinator, and Country (chair) and Representatives from National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA).
- The complete offer will have to be sent in a sealed, non-indentifiable envelope, marked as follow:
TENDER TITLE: TENDER FOR SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF SOLAR POWER SOLUTION FOR THE NATIONAL REFERENCE LAB IN ABUJA – NIGERIA
TENDER REFERENCE: MGIC/NIG/SOL/04/19/001
The complete offer will be sent to:
Office Address: No.2, Sirakoro Street, Off Blantyre Street, Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria
So that it is received not later than 17th April 2019 12:00 noon (deadline).
- This Invitation to Tender (ITT) is published for the information of any qualified and prospective Firm only and does not constitute the Award or an offer by the Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) to transact with any party for these Goods nor does it also constitute a commitment or obligation on the part of the Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) to procure the concession goods.
- The Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any interested party in connection with any response to this Invitation to Tender (ITT) and/or the preparation or submission in response to an inquiry.
- The Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) is not bound to consider or shortlist any qualified and prospective Firm(s) and reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time without any liabilities and thereof.