KADUNA POLYTECHNIC, KADUNA
IN LINE WITH THE INFRASTRUCTURE CONCESSION REGULATORY COMMISSION (IRCR) ESTABLISHMENT ACT (2005) AND NATIONAL POLICY ON PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (N4P), KADUNA POLYTECHNIC WISHES TO
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION/PROPOSAL
Kaduna Polytechnic established in 1956 with the objectives of providing training in technology the science of in-service instruction. It has a current student population of about 25,000 in its four campuses. The Polytechnic is highly cosmopolitan in with students from all over Nigeria and other countries.
The Kaduna Polytechnic has eighteen (18) blocks of hostel accommodation in three locations with capability to accommodates over four thousand (4000) students, the hostels are currently in serious condition of dilapidation, in order to address the current decay and optimally use of the hostel based on a Public Private Partnership arrangement.
2. INVITATION FOR BIDS
1. In line with the Polytechnic mandate of providing conducive environment for teaching and learning, and I compliance with the requirements of the Infrasture Concession Regulatory Commission (establishment Act) 2005, Kaduna Polytechnic hereby invites suitably qualified firm to submit requests for qualification and proposal to renovate the hostel facility under a Public Private Partnership Arrangement
2. The successful firms shall be required to finance and renovate the hostel in accordance with Polytechnic’s specifications
3. Prospective bidders should note that there is a private proponent who had submitted proposal on the project. However, in order to ensure transparency, competition and values for money, the project will be procured under a Swiss challenge procurement methodology which required that if the original project proponent is not the most responsive bid to win the concession. However, if he is unable to match it, the most responsive bid then wins the Swiss Challenges, PPP procurement and becomes the preferred Project proponent
4. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work covers the following
– General renovation of existing
– External Works
– Facility Management
Prospective bidders, who can be local or internal investor with relevant experience, will be responsible for implementing the projection a concession agreement.
5. The Investor/concessionaire may consist of a single firm as a consortium of firms with the necessary financial and technical competences to carry to the implementation and operation of the project. In the case of a consortium must jointly submit the required information and must also clearly identify one of the firms as the lead Firm. Evidence in form of an agreement (Joint venture agreement or articles of association) must be shown to support the proposed partnership with clarity on the members. The lead firm will have the primary responsibility of liaising with and for managing the consortium’s advisory imputes. International firms are encouraged for form partnerships with reputable and accredited Nigerian firms.
6. METHOD OF APPLICATION:
The bids will be procured through a competitive bidding, following a two-stage bid process: a prequalification stage (RFQ) and a proposal stage (RFP). In order to be pre-qualified, prospective bidder must be able to demonstrate a track record of successful finance, construction and management of relevant facilities
7. Interested applicants should provide the following information.
7.1. Full name of company and contact persons, postal address, telephone numbers, and e-mail address. In the case of a consortium or joint venture, provide names and contact details of consortium member, evidence o association or joint venture agreement, and indicate the lead firm in the consortium or joint venture
7.2. Ownership structure of bidding entity, Name(s) of major shareholders ad percentage shareholding of participants in the bidding entity,
7.3. Evidence of Incorporation with Corporates Affairs Commission (CAC) or it’s equivalent for foreign firms.
7.4. Audited financial statements for the last three (3) years (2015-2018)
7.5. Technical track record of financing and constructions/renovation of Building in the last three (3) years
7.6. Details of the RFQ/RFP requirements shall be obtained from the Head PPP Unit Kaduna at Room 1, Chemical Engineering Lecture. Theatre, Kaduna Polytechnic Tudun Wada Campus ( call 07034913167 or email: email@example.com
7.7. Evidence of payment of N20,000 through TSA in favour of Kaduna Polytechnic.
8. SUBMISSION OF QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Qualification documents must be submitted in one 91) original and five (5) printed copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked:- Pre-qualification for the renovation of Kaduna Polytechnic hostels. An electronic copy on USB drive or CD-ROM version should also be included.
9. Submitted documents must be delivered not later than 12:00 noon on June 3, 2019 at the following address: OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR, CENTRAL ADMINISTRATION, KADUNA POLYTECHNIC, TUDUN WADA, KADUNA
10. All RfQs will be opened same day immediately after close of bids submission
11. Interested applicants may obtain further information form 9:00am to 3:00pm, Mondays through Fridays (except public holidays) at the address in 7.6 above
12. Following the evaluation of submitted qualification documents and proposals, a shortlist of bidder who meets the minimum criteria will be issued the bidding documents.
13. Qualification and proposal documents a must be in English Language only.
14. Kaduna Polytechnic shall not be responsible for the cost of any submission
15. This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Polytechnic to appoint any firm nor shall it entitle any firm submitting documents to claim any indemnity
16. Kaduna Polytechnic reserve the right to take final decision on any of the documents received in the RfQ/RfP ad to verify the authenticity of nay claims made on the documents submitted by the companies.
17. Submission via courier will be accepted only if delivered within the submission time shown above
18. Request for Qualification and proposal through email will not be accepted
Dr. Muhammad Sani Musa,
Registrar, Kaduna Polytechnic