INVITATION FOR TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL BIDS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP BUILDING AND PROCUREMENT AND INSTALLATION OF SKILL ACQUISITION EQUIPMENT UNDER 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 (MERGED) TETFUND ENTREPRENEURSHIP INTERVENTIONS
1.1 Kwara State University established the Centre for Entrepreneurship to produce high quality graduates who are job ready in area of high employer demanded of self-reliant by exposing them to different entrepreneurship skills and training. Thus, The Kwara State University invites interested, competent and reputable contractors to tender for the underlisted projects.
1.2 Experienced and competent contractors/suppliers are invited to submit bids for
a) Construction of EntrepreneurshipBuilding
b) Procurement and Installation of Skills Acquisition Equipment
2. SCOPE OF WORKS/SUPPLY
2.1 The scope of works/supply is as follows:
LOT 1: CONSTRUCTION OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP BUILDING
LOT 2: PROCUREMENT AND INSTALLATION OF SKILLS ACQUISITION EQUIPMENT
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and Form CAC7.
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017) valid till 31stDecember, 2018; with minimum average turnover of N20million for construction work while N4million for procurement.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 30/06/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016, 2017).
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letter of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the Projects.
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/lease (where applicable).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) from the office of the Director, Works and Physical Planning Department, Kwara State University, Malete upon evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the Kwara State University as follows:
Account Name: KWASU School Fees
Bank Name: Fidelity
Account Number: 4011008511
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to The Registrar, Office of the Registrar, Kwara State University, Malete clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box at the Office of the Registrar, Kwara State University, Malete not later than 12:00 noon, 6th May, 2019.
The Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12.00 noon 6th May, 2019, in the Council Chamber of Kwara State University, Malete in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the Financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Registrar, Kwara State University, Malete with the Secretary, Second Floor, Administrative Building, KWASU, Malete. The University will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Ag. Director of Procurement (Procurement) on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened.
- Bidders should not bid for more than one (1) Lot.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- All pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bid opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned unopened.
- The Kwara State University is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State.