AFD AGENCE FRANÇAISE DE DÉVELOPPEMENT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
LAGOS METROPOLITAN AREA TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (LAMATA)
PROJECT TITLE: CNG 1053 – LAGOS STRATEGIC TRANSPORT MASTER PLAN PROJECT (LSTMPP)1
CONTRACT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR THE DETAILED ENGINEERING DESIGN AND SUPERVISION OF CONSTRUCTION OF QUALITY BUS CORRIDOR PACKAGE 1 (KETU-ALAPERE, ANTHONY-OSHODI
ONIPANU-OSHODI, OJUELEGBA-LDI ARABA, YABA-LAWANSON-CELE), PACKAGE 2 (IJU ISHAGA – ABULE EGBA, LYANA IPAJA – AYOBO) AND PACKAGE 3 (LYANA IBA- IGANDO) -LASG/LAMATA/AFD/CS/IPC/OCBS/RVO1-19
The Lagos State Government through the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received financing from Agence Française de Développement(“AFD”y for the Lagos Strategic Transport Master Plan Project (LSTM) 1 and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following services.
Consultancy Service for the Detailed Engineering Design and Supervision of Construction of Quality Bus Corridor Package 1, 2 and 3
The Services of the consultant shall consist of detailed engineering designs of the eight quality bus corridors grouped as packages 1, 2 &3, preparation of bidding documents, and supervision of construction of infrastructure for the quality bus corridors. The services are anticipated to be carried out simultaneously.
Phase 1 – Detailed Engineering Design
To undertake the detailed design for all budding mechanical, electrical, structural, highway and traffic and civil facilities needed to provide a functional infrastructure that would support operations at high capacity passengers buses along Quality Bus Corridor Package 1 (Ketu-Alapere, Anthony-Oshodi.
Onipanu-Oshodi, Ojuelegba-Idi Araba, Yaban-Lawanson Cole), Package 2 (ulaga – Abule Egba.
Iyana Ipaja – Ayobo) and Package 3 (lyana Iba-igando), and supported by necessary ground surveys (topographical hydrology, geotechnical etc.) work as required. These civil facilities include but not limited to the scope of services below:
Scope of Services
• Carry out such field investigations and studies of road inventory, structures, traffic, soils construction materials, drainage and Construction prices as are required to adequately dimension and cost the design options:
• Prepare detailed engineering road design for corridors requiring full reconstruction
• Prepare localized repair options in terms of cross sectional horizontal and vertical alignment, drainage and pavement design to include for relevant materials experimentation) for corridors requiring rehabilitation,
• Prepare detailed junction design for corridors requiring rehabilitation;
• Assess the environmental impact and propose in sufficient detail mitigation measures to counter any negative impact
• Prepare detailed terminal designs for corridors requiring construction of terminals, this includes structural, mechanical and electrical design drawings and calculations.
• Determine the extent of erosion damage and propose appropriate mitigation measures that include all necessary protection against the various recurrence floods and based on the detailed hydrological risk analysis done elsewhere.
• Locate suitable material, in sufficient quantities to rehabilitate the erosion and undertake all necessary material testing and draft any related special conditions and technical specifications
• Prepare the bills of quantities, technical specifications (based on FMW 1997 standards), an Engineer’s confidential detailed cost estimate and the proposed construction price Schedule
Phase 2-Assistance to LAMATA during the bidding process
The consultant shall be available to provide technical support as required by LAMATA during bidding process
Phase 3 – Supervision of Construction works.
To supervise the construction and installation of all facilities and civil works for the Quality Bus Corridor package 1 (Ketu-Alapere. Anthony-Oshodi, Oniparu-Oshodl Ojuelegba Idi Araba, Yaba Lawanson-Cele) Package 2 (lju lshaga – Abule Egba, yana Ipaja – Ayobo) and Package 3 (lyana iba- Igando) to the satisfaction of the client, and which arise from the detailed design activities undertaken. To ensure that high quality construction with detailed supervision is achieved and to ensure that all associated works are carried out in full compliance with the engineering design, working drawings, bill of quantities, technical specification and other contract documents. The supervision of the construction of the three packages is expected to be done concurrently and scope of works is as enumerated below.
Scope of Services
• give the order to commence the works and variation orders to the Contractors:
• approve the materials, equipment and procedures for casting and installation of piles.
• approve quality of the works in accordance with the contract specifications;
• approve the contractor’s work program, method statement and the source of materials:
• Issue monthly progress reports.
• approve and/or issue working drawings, approve the setting out of the works and give instructions to the contractor.
• make measurements and keep the measurement books:
• issue interim certificates for monthly payments to the contractors, certify completion of parts or totally of works;
• order tests of materials, order removal of improper works; advise LAMATA on all matters relating to the execution of the contract, including the processing of contractor’s claims.
• ensure compliance to Environmental health and safety guidelines.
The Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport authority (LAMATA) hereby invites eligible consultants to show their interest in delivering the Services described above.
This Request for Expressions of Interest is open to: Consulting Firms.
Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries”, available online on AFD website:
If the consultant is a Joint Venture (JV), the Expression of Interest shall include a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members. Alternatively, a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement in the event of a successful proposal shall be signed by all members and submitted with the Expression of Interest, together with a copy of the proposed Agreement.
The construction supervision of the three QBS in planned to be nun concurrently interested consultants must provide Information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform those Services For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
The services are anticipated to start by May, 2020 over a period of 6 months for design and 12months for construction supervision of the QBCs after engagement of contractor(s).
Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
• The contracts size;
• The nature of the Services: detailed engineering designs and construction supervision arising from design activities undertaken.
• The technical area and expertise: expertise in road design & construction structural design of transport infrastructure, bridge, etc and construction supervision of road and transport infrastructures, bridge structures, urban bus system planning and operations,
• Environmental and Social safeguard and other engineering fields related to the above scope of work.
The location: Lagos, Nigeria or cities with similar socio-economic characteristics
LAMATA will also take into account during the evaluation of the applications the following items;
• Availability of technically skilled and sufficient personnel
• Relevant experience in projects of similar nature and complexity
• Evidence of Similar Experience in sub-Saharan African region
• The services shall be provided by combination of international and National firms in adequate and appropriate ratio
• Availability of Quality Management Systems Certification (ISO 9001:2015/46001) or equivalent
• Evidence of Membership with Related Professional Bodies:
In case of JV or Consortium
• General introduction about the leading firm and its potential partners
• Justification of consortium or JV in those both cases complementary capacities and key technical fields of the consortium
• List of relevant experiences and brief description of similar projects/assignments addressing requirements described above in terms of the scope of works
• For each member of the consortium registration details of the gums. Availability of Quality Management Systems Certification)or equivalent
Among the submitted applications, LAMATA Will short maximum of six (6) Applicants. An FPS standard form of Statement of Integrity and Social and Environmental Responsibility duly signed by the Firm JV must be provided with the application Copies attached or could be downloaded for the AFD website (https://www.nf.fr) or through this link:
https://bit.ly/347wmhj. The consultant may request a hard or soft copy from LAMATA
One original and two copies of the Eol for each assignment must be delivered to the address below in a sealed envelope clearly marked Expression of Interest for Consultancy Service for the Detailed Engineering Design and Supervision of Construction of Quality Bus Corridor Package 1 (Ketu- Alapere, Anthony-Oshodi. Onipanu-Oshodi, Ojuelegba-idi Araba, Yaba-Lawanson-Cele).
Package 2 shoga Abule Eatalyonaija Ayobo and Package 3(Iyana Iba-Igando)
The Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the address below in hard copy and soft copy in CD format or electronic mail in PDF format) no later than Monday, December 30, 2018 by 5:00p.m
Head of Procurement
LAGOS METROPOLITAN AREA TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (LAMATA),
LAMATA Place, Km 15, Ikorodu Road, Ketu-Ojota Cloverleaf Interchange,
Ketu, Lagos, Nigeria, Telephone: 01-2702778-82
Interested Applicants may obtain further information at the address above by a written procedure