REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
EMPLOYER: LAGOS METROPOLITAN AREA TRANSPORT AUTHORITY (LAMATA) FOR LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT
PROJECT TITLE: CNG 1053-LAGOS STRATEGIC TRANSPORT MASTER PLAN PROJECT (LSTMPP) 1
CONTRACT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICE OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL SAFEGUARD SPECIALIST
The Lagos State Government through the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received financing from Agence Frangaise de Developpement (“AFD”) for the Lagos Strategic Transport Master Plan Project (LSTMPP) 1 and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following services: Consultancy Service of An Environmental and Social Safeguard Specialist.
The Services of the consultant (firm) shall consist of providing technical assistance to LAMATA through its Safeguard and Environment Unit under its Corporate and Investment Planning department. The Consultant will provide overall coordination, technical guidance and support, supervision, and quality and consistency check of four (4) consultants to be engaged for the preparation of ESIA& RAP for eight (8) Quality Bus Corridors (grouped into three (3) Work Packages) and two (2) interchanges.
The consultant would also coordinate and harmonize the related 8 ESS reports (4 ESIAs and 4 RAPs) and ensure conformity with AFD standard and international best practices (IFC’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines (EHSG) and the World Bank Environment and Social Safeguards Policies (ESS1 -10)
The Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport authority (LAMATA) hereby invites eligible international consultants to show their interest in delivering the Service described above.
This Request for Expressions of Interest is open to Consulting Firms approved by appropriate bodies to carry out environmental studies.
Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries”, available online on AFD’s website: http://www.afd.fr
Interested consultants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform those Services. For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
• The contracts size;
• The nature of the project (urban roads and public urban transport
• The nature of the Services: provision of technical assistance to Environmental & safeguard unit and coordination of four ESIA & four RAP studies
• The technical area and expertise: Environment and social safeguard specialist with experience in the preparation of ESMF, ESIA, ESMP, RPF, RAP reports in accordance to AFD standard and international best practices (IFC’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines (EHSG) and the World Bank Environment and Social Safeguards Policies (ESS1-10)).
• The location: Lagos, Nigeria or cities with similar socio-economic characteristics. LAMATA will also take into account during the evaluation of the applications the following items;
• Availability of technically skilled personnel with international experience.
• Relevant experience in projects of similar nature and complexity
• Availability of Quality Management Systems Certification (ISO 9001:2015/14001) or equivalent;
• Evidence of Membership with Related Professional Bodies;
Among the submitted applications, LAMATA will shortlist a maximum of six (6) Applicants for each assignment, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent.
An AFD’s standard form of Statement of Integrity, Eligibility and Social and Environmental Responsibility, duly signed by the Firm/JV, must be provided with the application. A copy is attached or could be downloaded from the AFD website (https://www.afd.fr.) or through this link: https://bit.ly/347wmhJ. The consultant may request a hard or soft copy from LAMATA.
The services are anticipated to start by May, 2020, over a period of Six (6) months.
One original and two copies of the EOI for each assignment must be delivered to the address below in a sealed and the name of assignment clearly marked on the envelope.
The Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the address below (in hard copy and soft copy in CD format or electronic mail in PDF format) no later than Friday, 6, December, 2019 by 5:00 p.m
Head of Procurement
Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA),
LAMATA Place, Km 15, Ikorodu Road, Ketu-Ojota Cloverleaf Interchange,
Ketu, Lagos, Nigeria.
Interested Applicants may obtain further information at the address above by a written procedure.