EDO STATE GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE & NATURAL RESOURCES
1, VINCENT AGEMOMHE AVENUE, BY EDO STATE POLICE COMMAND, BENIN CITY
INVITATION FOR TENDERS
The Edo State Government has received credit from the Central Bank of Nigeria under the auspices of the commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme towards the cost of implementing the Edo State Agripreneur Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to cover eligible payments under the contracts for Land Clearing of 1,000 Hectares for the cultivation of cassava at Orla, Esan South East Local Government Area for women empowerment initiative. Invitation is open to all eligible bidders in line with section 20 of Edo State Public Procurement Law 2012 EDPPA’S Procurement procedures Manual.
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Evidence of Registration/Incorporation with the corporate affairs Commission, including current form C07 particulars of Directors
• Evidence of Registration with Edo State Public Procurement Agency
• Evidence of payment of taxes in the last three (3) years including
• Evidenced of payment of taxes by at least two Directors
• Have the necessary professional and technical qualifications, managerial competence, bonafide reputation, financial viability, equipment and other equipment and other physical facilities, including after-sale service where appropriate, and qualified personnel to perform the contract;
• Not be in receivership, insolvent, bankrupt or being wound-up, being suspended, or be the subject of any proceedings of the foregoing
• Not have any directors who have been convicted in any country for criminal offence related to fraudulent or corruptive practices, or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter
• Not be declared ineligible for public financed contracts
2. The Ministry of Agriculture & Natural Resource now invites bids for non-consulting services as detailed in the table below:
|CONTACT NO.||CONTRACT DESCRIPTION||EST. DURATION OF CONTRACT|
|1.||Clearing of 1, 000 hectares of land for the cultivation of cassava at Oria, Esan South East Local Government Area||30 days|
3. Bidding documents may be obtained from the office of the Permanent Secretary. Ministry of Agriculture & Natural Resources from 17h July to 6th August 2019 between the hours of 9.00 am and 3.00 pm on MONDAY to FRIDAY, except on public holiday. Bidders are expected to inspect the Sit at their own expense. Bidding documents requested by mail will be dispatched by registered/speed post on payment of the postage cost. The Ministry of Agriculture & Natural Resources will not be held liable for postal delay (if any) in the delivery of the documents of non-receipt of the same.
4. Bids must be delivered in the permanent Secretary office on or before 6th August 2019 and will be opened the same day at 12. 00pm at the Permanent Secretary office in the presence of bidders/their representatives, CSOs (with mandate of ensuring transparency and accountability) and other members of the public who wish to attend. If the office happens to be closed on the date of the receipt ad opening as specified, the bids will be received and opened on the next working day at same time and venue.
5. Other details can be seen in the bidding documents
6. This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Edo State Government, Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources by Virtue of such bidder having responded to this advertisement.
7. Late submission of Bids will not be entertained
PHARM. GOWIN OKONOFUA,