MINISTRY OF MINES AND STEEL DEVELOPMENT
MINERALS SECTOR SUPPORT FOR ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION (MINDIVER) PROJECT
REQUEST FOR BIDS (RFB)
NAME OF PROJECT: MINERAL SECTOR SUPPORT FOR ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION (MINDIVER) PROJECT
CONTRACT TITLE: PROCUREMENT AND INSTALLATION OF LABORATORY EQUIPMENT FOR NIGERIA GEOLOGICAL SURVEY AGENCY (NGSA) AND NATIONAL STEEL RAW MATERIALS EXPLORATION AGENCY (NSRMEA)
PROJECT ID: P159761
RFB REFERENCE NO: MINDIVER/GO/RFB/005/18
1. The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the support of the Diversification of the economy through the Mineral Sector and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards payments under the contract for Procurement and Installation of Laboratory equipment for Nigeria Geological Survey Agency (NGSA) and National Steel Raw Materials Exploration Agency (NSRMEA).
2. The Ministry of Mines and Steel development through the Minerals Sector Support for Economic Diversification (MinDiver) Project now invites selected Bids from eligible Bidders for Procurement and Installation of Laboratory Equipment for Nigeria Geological Survey Agency (NGSA) and National Steel Raw Materials exploration Agency (NSRMEA). The list of Goods required including quantity, delivery address, delivery period etc. are given in the Schedule of requirements contained in the bidding document.
3. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive Bidding procurement using a request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement regulations for IPF Borrowers (July 2016) revised in November 2017 and August 2018 available on www.worldbank.org/procure and is open to all eligible Bidders s defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information form the MinDiver Project Office and inspect the bidding document during office hours from 10:00am – 5:00pm, Monday-Friday (Excluding Public Holidays) at the address given below.
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA INCLUDES:
a. Financial Capability: The audited accounts for the last three years 2016, 2017 and 2018 shall be submitted to demonstrate the current bidder’s financial position.
b. Documentary evidence to demonstrate that the goods offered meet the stated technical specifications.
i. Minimum of Five (5) years overall experience of the firm in the supply of the goods and related services
ii. At least three (3) successfully completed contracts as a main supplier of Laboratory Equipment of at least the scope and complexity of this contract within the last five years
iii. Bidders should submit documentary evidence with the bid on the availability of after-sales services a maintenance for one year from the manufacturer.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ARE PROVIDED IN THE BIDDING DOCUMENTS
5. Bidding documents in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payments of a non-refundable fee of fifty United States Dollars (USD 50,) or Ten Thousand Naira (N10, 000) only, for a set, through REMITA, Website: www.remita.net to our account; Mineral Sector Support for economic Diversification (MINDIVER) project and Service type Sale of Bid Document. Interested bidders may obtain further information at the same address below.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before August 23, 2019. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on August 23, 2019.
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of
8. Attention is drawn to the Procurement regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contracts Award Notice, Using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the Bidding document.
9. The address referred to above is:
The project Coordinator
Mineral Sector Support for Economic Diversification project (MinDiver)
10, Lola Close, Off Luanda Crescent, off Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria
Tel: +234 909 324 0644