MOBIL PRODUCING NIGERIA UNLIMITED
AN EXXONMOBIL SUBSIDIARY
OPERATOR OF THE NNPC/MPN JOINT VENTURE
PROVISION OF PROCUREMENT, CONSTRUCTION, INSTALLATION, AND COMMISSIONING SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A TECHNICAL SKILLS ACQUISITION CENTRE AT THE COMMUNITY TECHNICAL COLLEGE, IKOTAKATA, AKWA IBOM STATE
NIPEX TENDER NUMBER: MPN.00000153
Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) Unit Operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Venture hereinafter referred to as company plans to engage d Contractors for the Provision of Procurement Construction installation and Commissioning Services required for the development of a Skills Acquisition Centre at the Community Technical College, IkotAkata, MkpatEnin, AkwaIbomState. The project is expected to commence in 2020.
2. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of work which shall be provided include but not limited to the provision of Civil/ Structural works, Mechanical & Electrical works Procurement and Installation of Furniture, Fixtures and related equipment Procurement and Installation of Specified Workshop and Laboratory equipment/machines. Alternate Power supply Construction Management, Commissioning and Post Commissioning training on specialized equipment required for the development of the Skills Centre in line with ExxonMobil standards. Key functional areas will include but not limited to administrative offices, laboratories, workshops, conference/huddle rooms Instructors offices, classrooms, library, toilets, landscaping drainages, driveways and walkways, roads, water supply system, etc.
These services shall be provided by the Contractor who should have proven competencies in the following areas;
• Capability to provide extensive Civil and Structural Engineering services
• Capability to provide operational equipment including but not limited to earthmoving, concrete mixing, excavation, survey equipment, cranes, standby generators, fuel and water tankers and related construction equipment of various capacities
• Extensive Experience in Building construction
• Experience with building similar educational facilities
• Company registered with COREN (Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria) and/or NIOB (Nigeria Institute of Builders)
• Ownership of a well-established office complex and adequately structured organizational framework and operational processes will also be required
• An established and functional competent quality assurance program that ensures that contractor personnel have the knowledge and skills to execute the requirements of the project in a safe and reliable manner.
3. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
a. To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the category 3.05.08 (Civil Works/Building Contracting Services including Drilling and Tunneling) Service Group in Nipex Joint QualificationSystem (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive an invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
b. To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for Open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJOS with your log in details click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group
c. If you are not listed in a product service category but you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8/10, Bayo Kuku Road, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update
d. To initiate the NJQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action
e. To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system
4. NIGERIAN CONTENT
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board(NCDMB).
MPN requires their contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content(NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as;
“The quantum of composite van die created in the Nigerian economy by Systems development of capacity and capabilities through the desired through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human material, resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry”
“NigeriaCompany” is a company formed and registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of companies and Allied matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
Bidders shall consider Nigerian
content as important element of the over project development and
management philosophy for project execution
• Tender is open to ONLY Nigerian Indigenous service companies pre-qualified under NIPEX NJQS vendor code 3.05 O8 (Civil Works/Building ContractingServices including Drilling and Tunneling) Service Group in category who meet the provisions for Nigerian registered entities with equity shareholding of minimum51% Nigerian shares, consistent with the definition of Nigerian company in theNOGICD Act 2010
In the course of tendering and as part of their submissions, tenderers shall be requested to:
Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment
technical and administrative Office(s). Inspection tools, etc. in
Nigeria to support this contract and evidence that a minimum of 50% of
all equipment tools deployed to work by multinational and international
companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
2. Demonstrate that its entity is a Nigerian registered company with greater than or equal to 51% Nigerian shareholding. Submit certified true copies of CAC form (C02and C07)
3. Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to goods and services provided from within Nigeria, to meet the NC target set for the program in line with the requirements of the NOGICD Act
4. Demonstrate key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians
5. Submit a plan on how it intends to provide Human Capacity Development personnel Training
6. Tenderer shall provide evidence of Nigerian content Equipment certificate NCEC issued by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (in respect of any components, spares, equipment systems, and packages) that will be used for these work scope
Tenderer’s failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate a commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Tenderer’s disqualification.
5. CLOSE DATE
Only bidders who are registered with the relevant product service code as at 1600hrs on October 7, 2019 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
a. This advertisement shall neither be construed as an invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, subcontractors or agents
b. This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek an indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS
c. All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers
d. Suppliers that are pre-qualified for this product/service category in NJ must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone numbers of their company and authorized responsible personnel is up-to-date in their company profile in the NJQS database.
e. MPN shall communicate only with the authorized responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents
• NCDMB Certification No:
ES/NCDMB/MPN-ADVERT/09/08/19/UPD/SKILLS ACQUISITION CENTER GOVERNMENT
TECHNICAL COLLEGE, IKOTAKATA, AKWA IBOM STATE
• Please visit the Nipex Portal at www.nipex-ng.com for this Advert and other information
MOBIL HOUSE, LEKKI EXPRESSWAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, P.M.B 12054, LAGOS