MOBIL PRODUCING NIGERIA UNLIMITED
AN EXXONMOBIL SUBSIDIARY
OPERATOR OF THE NNPC/MPN JOINT VENTURE
TENDER OPPORTUNITY: PROVISION OF SURVEY AND LAND RECLAMATION SERVICES WITHIN BONNY KINDOM
NIPEX TENDER NUMBER: MPN.00000155
Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) Unlimited, Operator of NNPC / MPN Joint Venture, hereinafter referred to as Company plans to engage qualified contractors for the Provision of Survey and Land Reclamation Services along King Edward Asimini William Dappa Pepple III Bye-Pass Road, Bonny Kingdom, Rivers State. The project is expected to commence in 2020.
2. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of work which shall be provided shall include but not limited to the reclamation of approximately 142 acres of Swampy and mangrove land area within Bonny Kingdom earmarked for Infrastructure development in line with ExxonMobil standards.
The Proposed Swamp land is situated between global coordinates 402701 “N,7010’23″E; 4026’53″N, 7010’15″E; 4026’47’N, 701009″E; 4026’27″N, 7010’26″E; 4026’26’N, 7010’48″E and 4026’30″N, 7010’44″E along King Edward Asimini William Dappa Pepple III Bye-Pass Road and bordered by the Admiralty Creek, Bonny Kingdom, Rivers State.
These services shall be provided by the Contractor(s) who should have proven competencies in the following areas:
• Extensive Dredging/Reclamation Experience
• Capability to provide topographic and bathymetric survey services
• Capability to provide operational equipment including Earth-moving. Dredging equipment, barges and related equipment of various capacities.
• Jetty or Marine based construction experience
• Company registered with COREN (Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria)
• Ownership of a well-established office complex and adequately structured organizational framework and operational processes will also be required.
• An established and functional competency quality assurance program that ensures that contractor personnel have the knowledge and skills to execute the requirements of the project in a safe and reliable manner.
3. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
(A) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in either or both of the categories 3.09.03 (Geophysical and Hydrographic Site Survey Services) & 3.06.05 (Dredging Services) Service Groups in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified Suppliers in these categories will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(B) To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click Supplier product group.
(C) If you are not listed in a product/service category but you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8/10, Bayo Kuku Road, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
(D) To initiate the NJQS pre-qualification process, access
www.nipex-ng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(E) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
4. NIGERIAN CONTENT
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB),
MPN requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
“The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.”
“Nigerian Company” is a company formed and registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
Bidders shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
• Tender is open to ONLY Nigerian Indigenous service companies pre-qualified under NIPEX NJQS either or both of the categories 3.09.03 (Geophysical and Hydrographic Site Survey Services) & 3.06.05 (Dredging Services) Service Group in category who meet the provisions for Nigerian registered entities with equity shareholding of minimum 51% Nigerian shares, consistent with the definition of Nigerian company in the NOGI CD Act 2010
In the course of tendering and as part of their submissions, tenderers shall be requested to:
(1) Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical and administrative office(s), inspection tools, etc.) in Nigeria to support this contract and evidence that a minimum of 50% of all equipment/tools deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
(2) Demonstrate that its entity is a Nigerian registered company with greater than or equal to 51% Nigerian shareholding. Submit certified true copies of CAC form (C02and C07).
(3) Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to goods and services provided from within Nigeria, to meet the NC target set for the program in line with the requirements of the NOGICD Act.
(4) Demonstrate key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians
(5) Submit a plan on how it intends to provide Human Capacity Development and Personnel Training
(6) Tenderer shall provide evidence of Nigerian content Equipment certificate NCEC issued by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (in respect of any components, spares, equipment, systems and packages) that will be used for these work scope
Tenderer’s failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Tenderer’s disqualification.
5. CLOSE DATE
Only bidders who are registered with the relevant product/service code as at 4:00pm on Wednesday, 9 October, 2019 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids
6. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
(A) This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents.
(B) This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
(C) All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers.
(D) Suppliers that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone number) of their company and authorized/ responsible personnel is up- to-date in their company profile in the NJQS database.
(E) MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
• NCDMB Certification No: ES/NCDMB/MPN- ADVERT/09/08/19/UPD/ PROVISION OF SURVEY AND LAND RECLAMATION SERVICES WITHIN BONNY KINGDOM, RIVERS STATE
• Please visit the NipeX Portal at nipex-ng.com for this Advert and other information
Mobil House, Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12054, Lagos