NATIONAL CASH TRANSFER OFFICE
NATIONAL SOCIAL SAFETY NETS PROJECT
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION (RFQ)
FOR DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION OF VIDEO DOCUMENTARY ON BENEFICIARIES TESTIMONIALS FOR HOUSEHOLD LIFTING PROGRAMME/CONDITIONAL CASH TRANSFER
The government of Nigeria has partnered with the World Bank under a National Social Safety Nets Project (NASSP) to support the development of safety nets in Nigeria. The government has prioritized social protection intervention as a key strategy towards reducing poverty and socio-economic vulnerabilities in the population. To implement NASSP, the government has established a national cash transfer office (NCTO) to operate safety nets transfers to targeted poor and vulnerable households across Nigeria.
2. IMPLEMENTING A TARGETED CASH TRANSFER
This component finances safety nets transfers to targeted poor and vulnerable households in the sum of NGN 10,000 bi-monthly. These transfers are aimed at providing:
i. Direct support for the most vulnerable. These beneficiaries will be amongst the poorest and most vulnerable, lacking any adult able-bodied labour or ability to provide for themselves.
ii. A cash transfer with co-responsibilities. For a second group, likely the majority of the beneficiaries, the transfer will be provided to targeted households upon completion of co-responsibilities focused on building human capital and;
iii. A livelihood one-off grant to enable the beneficiaries establish a sustainable means of living which will boost their graduation out of the program
The project development objective of the NCTO is to provide access of targeted transfers to poor and vulnerable households under an expanded national social safety net system. The expected outcomes include:
• Poor and vulnerable households being targeted
• Improved household consumption
• Asset acquisition by households
• Improved health outcomes of households
• Improved school environment, attendance and completion rates by communities
• Improved hygiene, environmental sanitation and management
• Beneficiaries engaged in sustainable livelihood business and
• Enhanced capacity of the poor
3. Purpose of the service
The purpose of the services is to produce a 30-minute video documentary and two-minute short video that visually demonstrates the implementation and success of the programme. This will be done by recording beneficiaries and communities’ stories, exhibiting the programmes focus on behavioral change, nutrition, economic, social and impacts of the programme to keep beneficiaries permanently above the poverty threshold
4. Objective of the assignment
To research, film and produced a creative and engaging documentary that describes the success and impact of household of uplifting programme and behavioral change as well as the wider impacts of the programme. The showcasing of the achievements of the programme is targeted at key stakeholders. The task will focus on one state per geo-graphical zone looking at programme beneficiaries, community members/stakeholders, non-government actors, policymakers, partner organizations, donor agencies and the World Bank
Under the supervision of the national programme coordinator, the communication officer and the World Bank team, the documentary produce will be required to:
• Read and review relevant documents about the household uplifting programme (to be provided by NCTO)
• Develop the documentary and the script in English language. provide voice-overs and subtitle in Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa And Pidgin
• Support script-writing (with inputs from NCTO team)
• Shoot the video for the documentary capturing details as indicated in the first paragraph of 4.0
• Produce beneficiaries’ testimonials of not more than two minutes, capturing details of their experience as a result of the programme. This should reflect their before and after experience
• Finalize the video and submit in DVD, flash drive and format suitable for new media viewing.
5. Skills, experience and qualifications required:
• The producer is expected to have at least 5 years’ experience in film making or video documentation
• The producer is expected to have produced at least 5 documentaries related to the subject of development
• Previous experience of work with national and international NGOs
• Availability and willingness to travel to interior communities
• Ability to work in close coordination with other team members
• Adequate understanding of programme environment.
• Ownership or possession of high-resolution state of the art digital camera/video recorder equipment is mandatory
• Willingness and ability to commence immediately the agreement is signed
6. Assignment duration:
The assignment will cover 36 working days.
7. Expected outputs
The expected outputs will be:
• Rough cut of the video
• A 30 minutes documentary video in English with voice over in Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo and Pidgin English
• Five short video clips of not more than 2 minutes (from each of the six listed sates, capturing beneficiaries testimonials. All testimonials in local dialect should have voice over in English and vice versa (on DVD, 8 GB flash drive and format suitable for new media viewing online-supported version)
• Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and Pidgin Voice over sub-tilting of the video-clips
• 150 copies (75 DVDS and 75 flash drives) of final video of the documentary, DVDS and flash drives should be a mix of voice over in Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Pidgin and English sub-titles
8. The National Cash Transfer Office invites your quotation for the services described above as stated in the terms of reference available for interested bidders to collect within the hours of 9am-4pm from the address in section 12 below.
This procurement process will be conducted in accordance with the RFQ method contained in the World Bank guidelines may 2004 and the procedures described herein;
9. Preparation of Quotation: you are requested to obtain a standard template from the address in section 12 below and quote for these services by completing, signing and returning:
• The activity/price schedule annex A)
• The documents confirming your eligibility, as listed below
The standard forms in this RFQ should be re-typed in the bidders letter headed paper for completion but the bidder is responsible for their accurate reproduction.
10. Validity of Quotations: the quotation validity required in 30days
11. Sealing and Marking of Quotations: quotations should be placed in a single sealed envelope, clearly marked with reference above, the name of the bidder and the implementing agency.
12. Submission of Quotations: quotations should be submitted to the address below by hand, by the date and time of the deadline below;
Date of deadline September 5th, 2019. Time of deadline: 12 noon
Address: 76 Ali Alilu Crescent, State House Abuja
Facsimile: ___ Email: email@example.com. Or ihiabe.David@ncto.gov.ng (08175189203 or 09037714633)
13. Documents Evidencing Eligibility:
You are required to meet the following criteria to be eligible.
a. Have the legal capacity to enter into contract;
b. Not be insolvent, in receivership, bankrupt or being wound up or subject to legal proceedings for any of these circumstances
c. Not have had your business activities suspended or debarred from public procurement by the office of government public contracts policy/BPP
d. Be a member of relevant professional bodies to practice
e. Tax clearance certificate, ITF Compliance certificate, PENCOM Compliance Certificate, NSITF compliance certificate, BPP Interim Reg Certificate and other relevant stator document considered required by law.
14. Evaluation/technical criteria:
a. Show evidence of financial capacity: minimum average annual turnover must be equal or more than N3,000,000
b. The producer is expected to have at least 5 years relevant experience in film making or video documentation (either letter of award or completion certificate)
c. The producer is expected to have produced at least 5 documentaries related to the subject of development
d. Previous experience of work with national and international NGOs
e. Availability and willingness to trace to interior communities
f. Ability to work in close coordination with other team members
g. Adequate understanding of programme environment
h. Ownership or possession of high-resolution state of the art digital camera/video recorder equipment is mandatory (show variable evidence)
i. Willingness and ability to commence immediately the agreement is signed (statement of commitment)
15. Currency: Quotations should be priced in naira
16. Selection method: lowest evaluated responsive bid
17. Lowest Evaluate Bid: The lowest evaluated responsive bid shall be the bid which is eligible and technically complaint
18. Delivery schedule: maximum of six(6) weeks
Any resulting contract awarded shall be any placement of notification and subsequent contract signing
Any enquiries on this RFQ should be addressed to the project coordinator at the address given above. All interested bidders are requested to obtain prepare and submit a quotation to the above address on or before the closing date.