INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR INSTALLATION OF HVAC EQUIPMENT FOR NLNG RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) plant complex located on Bonny Island, River State, Nigeria, consists of six (6) Natural Gas Liquefaction trains with a total capacity of twenty-two (22) millions tons of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) per annum and 5 (five) million tonnes of Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) per annum as well as associated gas receiving, treating, storage and loading facilities with utilities and support infrastructure including its residential area.
The Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems in the residential area buildings are due for replacement, hence this Expression of Interest (EOI), inviting Specialist HVAC contractors who have the requisite experience and technical expertise to express interest in installation work for the proposed HVAC systems replacement.
SCOPE OF REPLACEMENT WORK
Prospective contractors will provide installation works covering:
- Decommissioning of obsolete HVAC systems which shall include:
- Disconnection of main power supply to outdoor unit
- Disconnection of refrigerant pipes from AHU and Condensing units. The pipes shall be sealed from re-use
- Disconnection of the drain pipe from outdoor AHU (Air Handling Unit)
- Disconnection of outdoor condensing units
- Disconnection of indoor temperature control unit
- Removal of the indoor AHU from ceiling void
- Removal of the outdoor condensing units.
- Removal of useful part from the decommissioned indoor and outdoor units and handover to maintenance department for storage
- Disposal of metal scraps from the scavenged units, in line with NLNG waste disposal strategy
- Removal of a section of gypsum ceiling (indoor) to create opening for removal and replacement of indoor units (AHU) in the ceiling void, and to create access spaces for ducting works
- Removal of existing transition ducts from the houses ducting system
- Design, fabrication, insulation and installation of new transition ducts to connect new evaporator (AHU) unit to the existing ducting system
- Installation of new free-issued outdoor condenser (outdoor) unit on the concrete pad to be provided by the contractor
- Installation of new free-issued AHU (evaporator) units in the ceiling void
- Procurements of HVAC installation accessories (HVAC units will be free-issued)
- Connection of existing refrigerant lines to the new condenser and new AHU units. This shall require bracing short pieces of new field routed copper pipes and appurtenances to the existing refrigerant lines. Connections to be done in a professional manner by using protective dry nitrogen during bracing
- Connection of existing drain pipe to the new AHU units
- Re-insulation of the new and existing Refrigerants pipes including mechanical protection
- Pressure, leak and vacuum testing of the refrigerant lines
- Pre-filling of the system with the appropriate refrigerant
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning, final filling of refrigerant gas and start-up of the new HVAC systems
- Carry out witness test
- Hand over report after completion
- Re-installation and painting of the removed gypsum ceiling
- Site cleaning to remove all scraps, tools and unused materials etc., from site and relocated to the next location or demobilized
NLNG hereby invites interested reputable contractors with requisite experience and technical expertise in installation of new equipment in brown field to submit and Expression of Interest (EoI) for the purpose of pre-qualification for the installation of new HVAC equipment within NLNG residential area in Bonny Island. The companies considered to meet the pre-qualification requirements will subsequently receive Invitation to Tender for the work on the course of project development.
Interested companies are required to provide the following information/documents for consideration:
- Respondent’s confirmation of interest to participate in the pre-qualification for installation of HVAC equipment for NLNG residential buildings
- Company profile and organization structure, including parent company (if any) and information of key personnel (if any) and information of key personnel (including CV and list of management personnel)
- Certificate of Incorporation and Registration with DPR
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate or Evidence of Payment of Tax for three years (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Evidence of previous work experience (work done) within the last five years in installation of new HVAC systems (including split-ducted and multi-split systems) on an industrial scale. The interested contractor shall provide evidence of HVAC installation contract award(s), work completion certificates, etc., for referenced previous or ongoing HVAC work(s), and contact details of the client’s representative(s)
- Evidence of previous experience (work done) in HVAC design, customization and modification for industrial for residential service, including details of advanced diagnostic tools and methods for HVAC troubleshooting capabilities
- Evidence of strong HSE and Quality Management System (QMS) performance and compliance records. ISO 14001 & 9001 certifications. Good working knowledge of OHSAS will be positively considered.
COMPLIANCE WITH NIGERIAN CONTENT (NOGICD ACT 2010)
The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act 2010 supports and details expected Nigerian Content deliverables within contracts in the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry.
NLNG is committed to the development of the Nigeria Oil & Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Content Act 2010 for Nigerian Content Development.
Interested companies shall comply with provisions of the Nigerian Content Act that relate to these services, and in particular comply with the minimum Nigerian Content targets for the scope, which are covered in the Scheduled of the Act.
Failure to comply with the Nigerian Content Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development shall result in disqualification from this process.
General Nigerian Content Requirements
Companies responding to this advertisement are required to submit the following in compliance with the Nigerian Content Act, 2010:
- Tenderer shall demonstrate that the bidding entity is a Nigerian Company or an Indigenous Company. Bidders should provide Certificate of Incorporation, Forms CAC CO2 & CO7 demonstrating minimum 51% Nigerian shareholding.
- Tenderer shall provide evidence of registration with NCDMB’s NOGIC JQS.
- The process and procedure that explain the methodology of how it intends to comply with the requirements of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (Nigerian Content Plan), and how it will achieve the set target(s) in the schedule of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act, and any targets set by the Board.
- A plan for giving first consideration to services provided within Nigeria, with a list of work packages, third party services and subcontracts which should be reserved for Nigerian indigenous contractors, including those that will be provided by companies of Nigerian origin.
- A plan of how it intends to give first consideration to materials, manufactured, as well as assembled goods of Nigerian origin which shall include a breakdown of all materials to be utilized, and identifying those that are sourced locally, finished products and materials that will be procured from Nigerian manufacturing and assembly plants, finished goods that can be ordered from outside Nigeria through Nigerian authorized vendors and accredited agents, as well as those that would be directly imported.
- Tenderer is to submit a detailed training plan which shall provide sustainable training and development (including certification as applicable) for Nigerians, in line with the Human Capacity Development Initiative Guideline of the NCDMB. The training plan will include contract-specific training and estimated man-hours. Tenderer is required to submit Memorandum of Association with Oil and Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN), to support their training plan.
- Technology Transfer Plan (TTP) explaining the methodology of how it intends to promote the effective transfer of technology from alliance partners to Nigerian individuals and companies.
- Develop a Research & Development Plan which shall explain the methodology of how it intends to promote education, attachments, training, research and development in Nigeria in relation to the contract (including MOA with NCDMB approved Research and Development clusters or evidence of application for same).
- Provide evidence of registration with relevant agency of professional body like: NSE, COREN, DPR, etc.
- Details of the company’s corporate organizations overall human resources structure (management, supervisors, senior and junior skilled officers, etc.), identifying positions manned/occupied by Nigerians, with evidence of type of employment in-country, and identifying the positions manned/occupied by other nationals. Also include the proposed organogram for this work scope.
- A detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities and infrastructure (assets, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, etc.) in Nigeria to support this contract.
- Evidence of 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies (if applicable) are owned by the local subsidiaries. (Tenderer to provide verifiable evidence (purchase receipt, bill of sale, etc.) of ownership of equipment in executing this contract).
- Provide evidence of approved Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate or status of the application submitted to NCDMB for the certificate for procurement of all equipment, systems and packages to be supplied on the contract (where applicable). Where Tenderer intends to use subcontractor(s)/supplier(s), Tenderer shall provide same information for the nominated supplier(s) /sub-contractor(s).
SUBMISSION OF RESPONSES
The Expression of Interest document should be submitted:
In Hard Copy in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential – Expression of NLNG Residential Buildings” to:
The Head, Business Strategy & Vendor Management,
Nigeria LNG Limited,
KM 16 Aba Port Harcourt Expressway (INTELS Camp)
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
In electronic copy (PDF format) by e-mail to [email protected]with“Confidential – Expression of Interest for Installation of HVAC Equipment for NLNG Residential Buildings” – in the subject line.
The submission in either format must be received by Nigeria LNG Limited not later than three (3) weeks from the date of this publication.
- This is not an invitation to tender. Full tendering procedure will be provided to applicants who are successful at this expression of interest, in accordance with NLNG’s pre-qualification procedures.
- Notwithstanding the submission of documents for the expression of interest, NLNG is neither committed nor obliged to include any company and/or associated companies, agents or sub-contractors in any bid list, or award any form of contract to any company and/or associated companies, agents or sub-contractors.
- This invitation to express interest does not guarantee that any company or group of companies will be requested to submit an offer to NLNG; it does not constitute any form of agreement or contract between NLNG and any company or group of companies. NLNG shall not be responsible for any cost incurred in responding to this invitation.
- This advertisement of Expression of Interest and Pre-qualification shall not be considered as a commitment by NLNG, nor shall it entitle respondents to claim any indemnity from NLNG, and/or any of its shareholders by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
- This Expression of Interest is a simple invitation for interested vendors to express interest in the indicated work scopes and does not warrant any further feedback from NLNG hereafter.
- If you do not hear from NLNG within 3 months of submission of this publication, it should be taken that your application was not successful.
Nigeria LNG Limited
…..helping to build a better Nigeria