NIGERIA LNG LIMITED – NLNG
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR POWER IMPROVEMENT TO THE COMMUNITY PROJECT
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) plant complex is located on Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria. The Plant consists of six (6) Natural Gas Liquefaction trains, with associated gas receiving treatment, storage and loading facilities, as well as utilities and support infrastructure including a residential area.
NLNG hereby invites interested reputable Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Commissioning (EPCC) contractors, with requisite experience and technical expertise to execute the proposed scope of work described below, to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for the purpose of prequalification for the management of Power Improvement to Community project in Bonny Island (The Project). Successful companies will receive Invitation to Tender (ITT) for the Project.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Project is to provide additional TIME power system infrastructure (i.e. supply feeder and accessories) to complement existing power supply infrastructure (20MW) to Bonny Utility Company (“BUC”) via the Joint Industry Companies (“JIC”) MOU by the stakeholders – NLNG and Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria The Project will also provide partial redundancy for the system in the event of loss of the existing feeder to the BUC injection station
Prospective EPCC contractors will be required to handle the following:
1. Detailed Engineering Design (DED) which shall include but not limited to the following:
a. Verification of all information contained in the Basic Design Engineering Package (BDEP)
b. Power System Design with standardization to the existing NLNG system
c. Provide a DED package for review and approval by NLNG
2. Procurement of all Long Lead Items (“LLI”s) – switchgear, transformers, neutral earthing resistors, HV, LV & Fibre Optic cables, grounding cables and associated bulk installation materials/accessories and delivery to site within work schedule.
3. Installation of the new 34.5/33kV isolation transformer and 33/11kV step-down transformer at Substation 31 and BUC injection station respectively, alongside associated Neutral Earthing Resistors (“NER”s), necessary current transformers (CTS) in switchgear end.
4. Installation of a new 11kv air insulated switchgear at BUC injection station.
5. Construction/modification of the switchgear room fully equipped with the necessary lightings, cable entry holes, MV cable boxes, air conditioning, display board, telephone, fire and gas/smoke detection system and other standard accessories as detailed in the BED package.
6. Demolition of identified section of the BUC injection station existing wall to allow for installation of new containerized 11kv Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) on existing injection station foundation base and make good after completion of works.
7. Design and installation of the required electrical protection system design (for the switchgear and transformer).
8. Design, manufacture and installation of cable termination boxes to allow for the termination of the cables specified in the requisition sheet.
9. Provision of necessary auxiliary and control wiring in accordance with manufacturer’s wiring diagram.
10. Cable trench excavation and preparation to meet the requirements for HV cables as well as the necessary shoring or temporary works.
11. Transportation of cable from laydown area/warehouse to the place of installation by rolling or sliding the drums using appropriate means such as suitably equipped trolleys, trucks or crane.
12. Installation of cables in trenches, cable trays or ladders in accordance with relevant approval for construction documents.
13. Preparation of the necessary transformers base/foundation prior to installation of transformers.
14. Migration and integration of new switchgear to existing BUC infrastructure
15. Site preparation of laydown area before mobilization of personnel, equipment and materials.
16. Provision of all equipment commissioning spares and 2 years operational spares.
17. Pre-commissioning checks, testing and commissioning works for the entire system.
18. Development of red-line markups and as-built drawings/documentation in both hard and soft copies to be submitted to NLNG for approval.
19. Quality assurance system conforming to ISO 9001.
20. Issuance of all vendor documentation packages to NLNG after completion of project.
21. Carry out witness test.
22. Hand over report after completion.
23. Site cleaning to remove all scraps, tools and unused materials etc, from site and relocated to the next location or demobilized.
Interested companies are required to respond to this invitation with the following information/documents for consideration:
a. Respondent’s confirmation of interest to participate in the pre-qualification for Power Improvement to Community project.
b. Company profile and organisation structure, including parent company (if any) and information of key personnel (including CV and list of management personnel).
c. Certificate of Incorporation and valid Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) Permit.
d. Current Tax Clearance Certificate or evidence of payment of tax for the past three years 2016,2017&2018
e. Evidence of previous similar work experience (work done) within the last 5 years in HV electrical infrastructure design, installation of HV transformers, HV/LV cables, NERs, current transformers and switchgears & accessories within the oil and gas industry. The interested contractor shall provide evidence of HV electrical infrastructure installation contract award(s), work completion certificates, etc, for referenced previous or ongoing HV electrical infrastructure installation work(s) including details of electrical protection system design and installation, and contact details of the client’s representative(s).
f. Evidence of strong HSE and QMS performance and compliance records. ISO 14001 & 9001 certifications and good working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 will be positively considered
COMPLIANCE WITH NIGERIAN CONTENT (NOGICD ACT 2010)
The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act 2010 supports and details expected Nigerian Content deliverables for qualifying contracts in the Nigerian Oil & Gas industry NLNG is committed to the development of the Nigeria Oil & Gas industry in accordance with the NOGICD Act.
Interested companies must comply with provisions of the NOGICD Ad that relate to the services, and in particular, comply with the Nigerian Content targets approved for the contract by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
Failure of interested companies to demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development or to comply with any applicable requirements of the NOGICD Act shall result in outright disqualification from this process.
General Nigerian Content Requirements
Companies responding to this advertisement are required to submit the following in compliance with the NOGICD Act, 2010:
1. Interested companies shall demonstrate that the entity is a NIGERIAN Company or an INDIGENOUS Company, and in furtherance thereof, provide Certificate of Incorporation, forms CAC CO2 & CO7 demonstrating minimum 51% Nigeria shareholding.
2. Interested companies shall provide evidence of registration with NCDMB NOGIC JQS (registered by July 2019)
3. The processes and procedures that explain the methodology of how interested companies intend to comply with the requirements of the NOGICD Act and achieve the targets approved for the contract by the NCDMB in the Nigerian Content Plan, approved by NCDMB.
4. A plan for giving first consideration to services provided within Nigeria with a list of work packages, third party services and subcontracts which should be reserved for Nigerian indigenous contractors, including those that will be provided by companies of Nigerian origin.
5. A plan of how interested companies intend to give first consideration to materials, manufactured, as well as assembled goods of Nigerian origin which shall include a breakdown of all materials to be utilized, and identifying those that are intended to be sourced locally, finished products and materials that will be procured from Nigerian manufacturing and assembly plants, finished goods that can be ordered from outside Nigeria through Nigerian authorized companies and accredited agents, as well as those that would be directly imported.
6. Interested companies are required to submit a detailed training plan which shall provide sustainable training and development (including certification as applicable) for Nigerians in line with the Human Capacity Development Initiative Guideline of the NCDMB. The training plan ill inside contract-specific training and estimated man hours. Interested companies are required to submit a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with Oil and Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN), to support their training plan.
7. Technology Transfer Plan (TTP) explaining the methodology of how interested companies intend to promote the effective transfer of technology from alliance partners to Nigerian individuals and companies.
8. Develop a Research & Development Plan which shall explain the methodology of how interested companies intend to promote education, attachments, training,research and development in Nigeria in relation to the Contract (including MOA with NCDMB approved Research and Development clusters or evidence of application for same).
9. Provide evidence of registration with relevant agency of professional body e.g. NSE, COREN, DPR, etc.
10. Details of the company’s corporate organizations overall human resources structure (management, supervisors, senior and junior skilled officers, etc.), identifying positions manned/occupied by Nigerians, with evidence of type of employment in-country, and identifying the positions manned/occupied by other nationals. Also include the proposed organogram for this work scope.
11. A detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities and infrastructure (assets, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, etc.) in Nigeria to support this contract.
12. Evidence that 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies (if applicable) are owned by the local subsidiaries. (Interested companies to provide verifiable evidence (purchase receipt, bill of sale, etc.) of ownership of equipment in executing this contract.)
13. Provide evidence of approved Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate or status of the application submitted to NCDMB for the certificate for procurement of all equipment, systems and packages to be supplied on the contract (where applicable). Where interested companies intend to use subcontractors)/suppliers), they are required to provide same information for the nominated supplier(s)/sub-contractor(s).
SUBMISSION OF RESPONSES
The Expression of Interest document should be submitted:
In Hard Copy in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential – Expression of Interest for Power Improvement to Community Project” to:
The Head, Vendor Management Services,
Nigeria LNG Limited,
Km 16, Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (INTELS Camp)
Port Harcourt, River State.
In electronic copy (PDF format) by email to EOI.Response@nlng.com “Confidential – Expression of Interest for Power Improvement to Community Project” in the subject line
The submission in either format must be received by Nigeria LNG Limited not later than three (3) weeks from date of this publication
• This is not an invitation to lender. Full tendering procedure will be provided to applicants who are successful at this expression of interest, in accordance with NLNG pre-qualification procedures.
• Notwithstanding the submissions of the documents for the expression of interest, NLNG is neither committed non obliged to include any company and/or associated companies, agents or subcontractors in any bid list, or award any form of contract to any company and/or associated companies, agents or subcontractors
• This invitation to express interest does not guarantee that any company or group of companies will be requested to submit an offer to NLNG; it does not constitute any form of agreement or contract between NLNG and any company or group of companies, NLNG shall not be responsible for any cost incurred in responding to this invitation
• This advertisement for Expression of Interest and Prequalification shall not be construed as a commitment by NLNG, nor shall it entitle respondents to claim any indemnity from NLNG, and/or any of its shareholders by virtue of having responded to this advertisement
• This EOI is a simple invitation for interested companies to express interest in the indicated work scopes and does not warrant any further feedback from NLNG hereafter
• If you do not hear from NLNG within 3 months of submission of this publication, it should be taken that your Application was not successful.