NIGERIA LNG LIMITED (NLNG)
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE ENGINEERING, PROCUREMENT, CONSTRUCTION AND COMMISSIONING FOR THE NLNG INDUSTRIAL AREA ACCESS ROAD PROJECT
NIGERIA LNG LIMITED (NLNG) plant complex is located on Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria. The plant consists of six Natural Gas liquefaction trains; associated gas receiving, treatment, storage and loading facilities including road networks infrastructure and other support facilities.
This is an invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) for a proposed road works in the plant complex. The invitation is for capable and qualified contractors who have the requisite experience and technical expertise to execute the engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning of heavy-duty roads and associated accessories.
SCOPE OF ROAD CONSTRUCTION WORK
Prospective contractors will be required to provide heavy duty road works and accessories covering:
(1) Detailed Engineering Design
(2) Road Pavement Works
(ii) Base course work including soil-cement stabilization
(iii) Construction of heavy duty asphalt concrete pavement
(3) Road Furniture Works
(i) Crash barriers and Kerbs
(ii) Road markings and Signs
(iii) Speed indicators
(4) Street Lights Installation
(5) Laybys, slope protection and landscaping
(6) Site restoration and clean up.
(1) Detailed Engineering Design
(2) Procurement and Installation of Access Control Systems:
(a) Vehicle Barriers and Bollards
(b) Pedestrian Turnstiles
(c) Vehicle Scanners
(d) Buffer Gates
NLNG hereby invites interested reputable and qualified companies to submit an EOI for the purpose of prequalification for the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of NLNG Industrial Area Access Road, at its plant complex in Bonny Island. The companies considered for the prequalification requirements will subsequently receive an Invitation to Tender for the work in the course of project development.
Interested companies are required to provide the following information/documents for consideration:
(a) Company profile and organisation structure, including parent company (if any) and information of key personnel (including CV and list of management personnel).
(b) Certificate of Incorporation and registration with the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in the relevant category.
(c) Current Tax Clearance Certificate or evidence of payment of tax for three years – 2015, 2016, 2017.
(d) Evidence of previous work experience (work done) within the last five (5) years in the design and construction of flexible pavement roads, and installation of vehicle access control systems. The interested contractor shall provide evidence of contract award(s), work completion certificates, etc, for referenced previous or ongoing road design and construction work(s), and contact details of the client’s representative (s).
(e) Evidence of strong, HSE and QMS performance and compliance records. ISO 14001 and 9001 certifications and good working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 will be positively considered.
Compliance with Nigerian Content (NOGICD Act 2010)
The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act 2010 supports and details expected Nigerian Content deliverables for qualifying projects in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry.
NLNG is committed to the development of the Nigeria Oil and Gas industry in compliance with the NOGICD Act 2010.
Interested companies shall comply with provisions of the NOGICD Act 2010 that relate to the services, and in particular comply with the Nigerian Content targets approved for the project, by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
Failure of interested companies to demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development, or to comply with any applicable requirements by the NOGICD Act 2010, shall result in disqualification from this process.
General Nigerian Content Requirements
Companies responding to this advertisement are required to submit the following in compliance with the NOGICD Act 2010:
(1) Interested companies shall demonstrate that the bidding entity is a Nigerian Company or an Indigenous Company, and in furtherance thereof, provide Certificate of Incorporation, forms CAC C02 and C07 demonstrating minimum 51% Nigerian shareholding.
(2) Interested companies shall provide evidence of registration with NCDMB’s NOGIC JQS.
(3) The processes and procedures that explain the methodology of how interested companies intend to comply with the requirements of the NOGICD Act 2010, and achieve the targets approved for the project by NCDMB in the Nigerian Content Plan approved by NCDMB.
(4) A plan for giving first consideration to services. provided within Nigeria with a list of work packages, third party services and subcontracts, which should be reserved for Nigerian indigenous contractors, including those that will be provided by companies of Nigerian origin.
(5) A plan of how interested companies intend to give first consideration to materials, manufactured, as well as assembled goods of Nigerian origin, which shall include a breakdown of all materials to be utilized, and identifying those that are intended to be sourced locally, finished products and materials that will be procured from Nigerian manufacturing and assembly plants, finished goods that can be ordered from outside Nigeria through Nigerian authorized companies and accredited agents, as well as those that would be directly imported.
(6) Interested companies are required to submit a detailed training plan which shall provide sustainable training and development plan (including certification as applicable) for Nigerians, in line with the Human Capacity Development Initiative Guideline of the NCDMB. The training plan will include contract- specific training and estimated man-hours. The tenderer is required to submit a Memorandum of Agreement (‘MOA’) with Oil and Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN’), to support their training plan.
(7) Technology Transfer Plan (TTP) explaining the methodology of how interested companies intend to promote the effective transfer of technology from alliance partners to Nigerian individuals and companies.
(8) Develop a Research and Development Plan which shall explain the methodology of how interested companies intend to promote education, attachments, training, research and development in Nigeria, in relation to the Contract (including MOA with NCDMB approved Research and Development dusters, or evidence of application for same).
(9) Provide evidence of registration with relevant agency or professional body like: NSE, COREN, DPR, etc.
(10) Details of the company’s corporate organizations’ overall human resources structure (management, supervisors, senior and junior skilled officers, etc.), identifying positions manned/occupied by Nigerians, with evidence of type of employment in-country, and identifying the positions manned/occupied by other nationals. Also include the proposed organogram for this work scope.
(11) A detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities and infrastructure (assets, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, etc.) in Nigeria, to support this contract.
(12) Evidence that at least 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies (if applicable) are owned by the local subsidiaries. (Interested companies to provide verifiable evidence (purchase receipt, bill of sale, etc.) of ownership of equipment in executing the contract if successful).
(13) Provide evidence of approved Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate or status of the application submitted to NCDMB for the certificate for procurement of all equipment, systems and packages to be supplied on the contract (where applicable). Where interested companies intend to use subcontractor(s)/supplier(s), they are required to provide same information for the nominated supplier(s)/sub-contractor(s).
Submission of Responses
The Expression of Interest document should be submitted:
In Hard Copy in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential – Expression of Interest for Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning for the IA Access Road Project” to:
The Head, Business Strategy and Vendor Management,
Nigeria LNG limited,
Km 16 Aba Port Harcourt Expressway (INTELS Camp)
Port Harcourt, River State.
In electronic copy (PDF format) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org “Confidential – Expression of Interest Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning for the IA Access Road Project”
in the subject line.
The submission in either format must be received by Nigeria LNG Limited not 27 August, 2019 from the date of this publication.
This is not an invitation to tender. The full tendering procedure will be provided to applicants who are successful at this expression of interest, in accordance with NLNG’s pre-qualification procedures.
Notwithstanding the submissions of the documents for the EOI, NLNG is neither committed to, nor obliged to include any company and/or its/their associated companies, agents or sub-contractors in any bid list, or award any form of contract to any company and/or its/their associated companies, agents or sub-contractors.
This invitation to express interest does not guarantee that any company or group of companies will be requested to submit an offer to NLNG; it does not constitute any form of agreement or contract between NLNG and any company or group of companies. NLNG shall not be responsible for any cost incurred in responding to this invitation.
This advertisement of EOI and any ensuing pre-qualification shall not be construed as a commitment by NLNG, nor shall it entitle respondents to claim any indemnity from NLNG, and/or any of its affiliates by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
This EOI is a simple invitation for interested companies to express interest in the indicated work scopes and does not warrant any further feedback from NLNG hereafter.
If you do not hear from NLNG within three (3) months of response to this publication, you may please assume that your application was unsuccessful.