NIGERIA SOVEREIGN INVESTMENT AUTHORITY
CLAN PLACE, PLOT 1386A,
TRIGIS CRESCENT, MAITAMA, ABUJA
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR AN INDEPENDENT TECHNICAL ADVISER
The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA” or the “Authority”) Seeks to invite qualified firms and consortia with relevant experience in road construction and project management within the infrastructure sector to submit Expressions of interest (“EOI”) in providing technical support for critical road projects under the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (“PIDF”).
The PIDF was established by His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) to accelerate the execution of certain critical strategic Infrastructure project essential to rapid growth and modernization of Nigeria’s economy namely;
i. The Lagos- Ibadan Expressway Project
ii. The Abuja-kano Road Project
iii. The Second Niger Bridge Project
iv. The Mambilla Hydroelectric Project and;
v. The East-West Road Project
The objective of this procurement to engage a reputable and suitably qualified Independent Technical Advisor to undertake Phase II due diligence of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and Abuja-On Road (the Projects)
B. THE SCOPE OF WORK
• Review of detailed designs including CAT3 design checks for the Projects
• Perform Progress Assessments including but not limited to site visit assessment of Interim Certificate and monthly reports on project completion and construction milestones achieved in percentage terms
• Lead with contractual negotiation for the conversion of meeting Federal Ministry of Works and Housing Contracts for the Projects into EPC/Turnkey Contracts(i.e. FIDIC Silver Book)
• Provide full time in-country technical support on the projects
• Toll plaza design
The scope of work may include any other items related to the above as may be reasonably required. The Consultant will be required to submit a weekly projects status update to the Client and hold at least one in-person meeting in a month.
C. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Interested firms and consortia should submit bound EOI documents along with the following;
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST REQUIREMENTS
1. Company Profile (across the consortium which includes names and qualifications (copies of all relevant academic and professional qualifications of such personnel must be attached) and experience of key personnel to be assigned to engagement. Please note, that the personnel quota should comply with the Presidential Executive Order No. 5 2018 an Planning and Execution of Projects Promotion of Nigerian consent in Contract and Science, Engineering and Technology
2. Audited Financial Statement for the last three years
3. Evidence of legal status of the Company business and years in business shall not be less than 10 years relevant general working experience.
4. Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate from PENCOM
5. Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) compliance certificate
6. Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) compliance certificate
7. Evidence of registration with Professional bodies (COREN TOPREC. etc.)
8. Evidence of Financial Capability
9. Verifiable documentary evidence of the provision of technical advisory services on a minimum of three (3) road infrastructure projects executed in the last 10 years including letters of award completion certificates and contract agreements
10. For joint Venture or Consortium Partnership submissions, a Memorandum of understanding between the partners should be provided
11. Affidavit disclosing:
– that across the firms/companies in the consortium, there’s no Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter
– that none of the firms/companies in the consortium in receivers subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceeding
12. All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the lead Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission, the contact address, telephone number preferably mobile) and email address of relevant contact person. It must also bear the names and nationalities of the Director of me Company/Firm at the bottom of the page.
13. All conditions as listed above from requirements 7-12must be met in every jurisdiction of operation by films under the consortium
14. No entity expressing interest in this invitation for technical advisory services must belong to more than one consortium
D. SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested bidders are to submit two (2) bound copies their EOI documents, paginated and arranged with dividers as indicated above. The EOI documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes and addressed to “Procurement Officer, Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority and clearly marked “Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Provision of Technical Advisory Services for the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund and delivered to the office of me NISA located on the 4th floor, Clan Place Plot 1386A, Tigris Crescent, Maitama, Abuja not later than up to 17:00 hours (local time) on 14th October 2019 (Submission Due Date”).
E. OPENING OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DOCUMENTS
All EOI documents received before the deadline for submission will be opened on 16th October 2019. Please ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the bid submission office as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids qualified candidates only.
Please note that this is an invitation for Expression of Interest only upon receipt of your submission. We will issue a formal Request for Proposal to qualified candidates only.
Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority