NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
26/28, MARINA LAGOS
PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4094
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF BAGGAGE SCANNERS FOR NPA ADMINISTRATION BUILDINGS
The attention of the general public is drawn to the cancellation of this project in the public interest in the Guardian and Daily Trust newspapers as well as the Federal Tenders Journal of Monday, January 21, 2019.
Having addressed the issues raised by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) in the earlier advertisement, the NPA wishes to re-invite bids from reputable and competent companies for the Supply and Installation of Baggage Scanners for its Administrative buildings at the under-listed locations.
|Corporate Headquarters, Marina||1||LOT 1|
|Lagos Port Complex||1||LOT 2|
|Tin Can Island Port Complex||1||LOT 3|
|Port Harcourt Port||1||LOT 4|
|Onne Port||1||LOT 5|
|Warri Port||1||LOT 6|
|Calabar Port||1||LOT 7|
Bidders are not allowed to bid for more than two (2) lots.
B. SCOPE OF WORKS
The scope of works includes but not limited to large and small cargo screening; explosives and narcotics detection alert; network enabled and minimum dimensions of (Tunnel size – 1000mm (W) x 1000mm (H); Length – 3934mm; Width – 1388mm and Height – 2021mm) and High Resolution 19 inch colour LCD display.
Further information is provided in the Standard Bidding Document
C. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested companies should submit bound pre-qualification documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
(1) Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7.
(2) Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) valid till 31st December 2019.
(3) Evidence of Company Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) duly signed by ANAN/ICAN licensed Auditors.
(4) Evidence of Current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
(5) Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
(6) Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
(7) Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration report (IRR) expiring on 30/06/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
(8) Sworn Affidavit disclosing:
– That the Company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
– Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
– That the Company is not in receivership, subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
(9) All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone (preferably GSM No.), fax and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company/Firm at the bottom of the page.
(10) Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
(11) Evidence of current Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM’s) Authorization as a representative in Nigeria for supply and installation of Baggage Scanners.
(12) Evidence of After Sales Support Services in the desired Port location.
(13) Company profile to include names, qualification (copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications of such personnel must be attached) and experience of key personnel in the installation and Maintenance of Baggage Scanners.
(14) Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs in the last ten (10) years including letters of Award, Contract Agreements , Job Completion Certificates, etc.
(15) For Joint Venture (JV)/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided. (Items 1-12 are compulsory for each JV partner)
D. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document from the Bid Collection Office, 3rd floor of NPA Annex Building at 1, Joseph Street, off Marina Lagos on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only per Lot. The RRR Number can only be generated at the office of the Asst. General Manager Tariff & Billing on the 4th floor, Corporate Headquaters, 26/28 Marina before payment in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
E. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit two (2) hard copies each of TECHNICAL and FINANCIAL BIDS with soft copy of financial bid only in MS Excel format (placed in financial bid envelope), packaged SEPARATELY in SEALED ENVELOPES and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. Thereafter put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger envelope addressed to “SECRETARY TO THE TENDERS BOARD, NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY” and clearly marked “INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF BAGGAGE SCANNERS FOR NPA ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDINGS” specifying PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4094 LOT NO……… (SHOWING APPROPRIATE DESCRIPTION OF DESIRED LOT). Furthermore, the reverse side of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box located on the 3rd floor of NPA Annex Building at 1, Joseph Street, off Marina Lagos not later than 11.00 am on Monday, 17 June, 2019.
F. OPENING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The technical bid documents received before the deadline for submission will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 11.00 am on Monday, 17 June, 2019 in the Conference room on 3rd floor of NPA Annex Building at 1, Joseph Street, off Marina Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the financial will be kept unopened. Please, ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the bid submission office, as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “General Manager (Procurement)” on e-mail: email@example.com.
G. GENERAL INFORMATION
(1) Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
(2) Late submission will be returned un-opened.
(3) All costs incurred as a result of this tender invitation for prequalification and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies and only short-listed companies will be contacted.
(4) The Authority is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to cancel the Procurement proceedings in the public interest without incurring any liabilities to the bidders in accordance with the provisions of Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY