NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
26/28, MARINA LAGOS
PUBLIC NOTICE NO 4109
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE PROVISION OF PORT ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY SERVICES
The Nigerian Ports Authority hereby invites reputable Consultancy firms with proven experience in port Engineering Designs and marine works to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) documents for the Provision of Consultancy Service.
|PROJECT TITLE||LOT NO|
|Consultancy Service for underwater Condition Survey of Federal Lighter Terminal 2 (FLT) Quay Wall, Onne Port Complex, Rivers State.||1|
|Consultancy Service for the Reconstruction of Millero, Wharf, Calabar, Cross River State||2|
|Consultancy Service for the Rehabilitation of Port-Harcourt Port Berths, Rivers State||3|
|Consultancy Service for the Construction of Access Road at FOT leased Land, Onne Port Complex, Rivers State||4|
|Consultany Service for the Rehabilitation of Tincan Island Port berths, Tincan Island Port, Apapa, Lagos State||5|
|Consultancy Service for the Rehabilitation of Mciver Jetty, Calabar, Cross River State||6|
Please note that Bidders are not allowed to bid for more than two (2) Lots
B. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of Services includes but not limited to:
|Lot 1||Underwater condition survey to determine the status of FLT 2 (940m) quay wall.|
|Detailed report of the quay wall with recommendations on repairs. Produce tender documents.|
|Lot 2||– Produce geophysical survey data for design of a new berth.– Design and develop Engineering and Structural designs of the new berth.– Develop detailed structural, mechanical and electrical design/drawings.– Produce tender documents.|
|Lot 3||– Determine and establish reconstruction and reconfiguration of berths based on available options using related simulation models.– Develop conceptual Engineering design for reconstruction of the berths.– Develop detailed structural, mechanical and electrical design/drawings.– Produce tender documents.|
|Lot 4||– Design road network within the undeveloped leased land at Federal Ocean Terminal.– Develop conceptual engineering design for the proposed road network.– Produce detailed structural design/drawings.– Determine volume of suitable fill material for earthworks within the area of the proposed road network.– Produce tender documents.|
|Lot 5||– Determine and establish reconstruction and reconfiguration of berths based on available options using related simulation models.– Develop conceptual Engineering design for reconstruction of the berths.– Develop detailed structural, mechanical and electrical design/drawings.– Produce tender documents.|
|Lot 6||– Produce geophysical survey data for design of a new berth.– Design and develop Engineering and Structural designs of the new berth.– Develop detailed structural, mechanical and electrical design/drawings.– Produce tender documents.|
More information is contained in the Request for Proposal (RFP) to be issued to pre-qualified firms.
C. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Interested companies should submit bound EOI documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) REQUIREMENTS
(1) Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC2 and CAC7.
(2) Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) valid till 31st December 2019.
(3) Evidence of Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) duly signed by ANAN/ICAN licensed Auditors.
(4) Evidence of Current Pension Clearance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM) valid till 31 December 2019.
(5) Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
(6) Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2019.
(7) Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/01/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
(8) Sworn Affidavit disclosing:
– That the Company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
– Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
– That the Company is not in receivership, subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
(9) All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone (preferably GSM No.), fax and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company/Firm at the bottom of the page.
(10) Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank.
(11) Evidence of Firm’s registration with Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
(12) Company profile to include names, qualification (copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications of such personnel must be attached) and experience of key personnel in the design of port infrastructure relevant to each desired lot.
(13) Verifiable documentary evidence of Three (3) similar projects in the design of port infrastructure relevant to each desired lot and executed in the last ten (10) years including letters of award, completion certificates, contract agreements.
(14) Failure to comply with items 1-13 above will lead to disqualification of the bid. (This is applicable for non-Joint Venture submissions).
(15) For joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
(Items 1-13 are compulsory for each national JV partner while items 1, 2 and 8 are compulsory for each international JV partner).
D. SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) DOCUMENTS
Interested bidders are to submit two (2) bound copies of Expression of Interest (EOI) documents, paginated and arranged with dividers as indicated above. The EOI documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes and addressed to “SECRETARY TO THE TENDERS BOARD, NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY “and clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE PROVISION OF PORT ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY SERVICES” Specifying PUBLIC NOTICE NO:4109 and dropped in the designated Tender Box located on the 3″ floor opposite the Conference Room of the Annex Building, 1, Joseph Street, off Marina Lagos not later than 11.00 am on Thursday, 10th October, 2019.
E. OPENING OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) DOCUMENTS
All EOI documents received before the deadline for submission will be opened immediately at 11.00am on Thursday, 10 October, 2019 in the Conference room on 3rd floor of the annex building, 1, Joseph Street, off Marina, Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the bid submission office as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “General Manager, Procurement on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
F. GENERAL INFORMATION
(1) Late submission would not be entertained.
(2) All costs incurred as a result of this tender invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies and only short-listed companies will be contacted.
(3) The Authority is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to cancel the Procurement proceedings in the procurement interest, without incurring liabilities to the bidders in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY