NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY – NPA
26/28, MARINA LAGOS
PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4110
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR CIVIL AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PROJECTS
The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) hereby invites competent and reputable Civil/Electrical Engineering companies to tender for the under-listed projects:
|DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT||LOT|
|Construction of Observatory Tower for Nigerian Navy for FOB at Tarkwa Bay||Lot 1|
|Rehabilitation and Modification of Administrative Building at Warri, Delta Ports||Lot 2|
|Construction of Reinforced Concrete Road Pavement for Oversize Cargo of Brawal Terminal at FLT, Onne Rivers State.||Lot 3|
|Rehabilitation of Administrative Building and Existing Water Treatment Plant at Ikorodu Lighter Terminal||Lot 4|
|Complete Reactivation of 12M Double Arm Security Light Poles Along Access Road with Source of Supply from Power House Tin-Can Island Port Complex, Apapa, Lagos||Lot 5|
BIDDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BID FOR MORE THAN TWO (2) LOTS
B. SCOPE OF WORKS
The scope of works shall include but not limited to the following:
|LOT 1||Substructure, Superstructure, Roofing and General Aluminium works. Door and Wooden floor works, Plumbing works. Electrical works, Septic and Soak away tanks, Perimeter Block Wall Fence, Borehole and Installation of Mini Water Treatment plant, Security Post.|
|LOT 2||Demolition and Site Preparation, Metal works, Finishing – Wall, Floor and Ceiling, Roof works, Plumbing works, Wall cladding, Dry wall – office partitioning. Painting and Decoration, Renovation of Staff canteen. Electrical works, Other works.|
|LOT 3||Demolition works, Excavation and Earth works, Reinforced Concrete Pavement works, Road shoulder works, Fence and Gate works.|
|LOT 4||Roofing works, Windows and Doors, Masonry/Dry Partition and Tiling works. Plumbing works. Electrical Installation works, Painting and Decoration works, Water Treatment Plant works.|
|LOT 5||Replacement of 15 Nos double arm 12m poles. Installation of 400 Watts floodlight fittings. Provision of power supply cable, provision of control, etc.|
Further information is contained in the Standard Bidding Document (SBD)to be issued to interested bidders.
C. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Interested companies should submit bound bid documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
(1) Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7.
(2) Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) valid till 31st December 2019 with minimum cumulative turnover of N100 Million.
(3) Evidence of Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) duly signed by ANAN/ICAN licensed Auditors.
(4) Evidence of Current Pension Clearance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM) valid till 31st December, 2019.
(5) Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
(6) Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
(7) Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/01/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
(8) Sworn Affidavit disclosing:
• That the Company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
• Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
• That the Company is not in receivership, subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
(9) All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone (preferably GSM No.), fax and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company/Firm at the bottom of the page.
(10) Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed
(11) List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease.
(12) Company profile to include names, qualification (copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications of such personnel must be attached) and experience of key personnel in civil/electrical engineering projects relevant to each desired lot.
(13) Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs relevant to each desired lot in the last ten (10) years including Letters of Award, Contract Agreements, Job Completion Certificates, etc.
(14) Failure to comply with items 1-13 above will lead to disqualification of the bid.
D. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the Office of the General Manager, Procurement. 3rd Floor, NPA Annex Building, 1 Joseph Street, off Marina – Lagos on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee ofN10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only. The RRR Number can only be generated at the office of the Asst. General Manager Tariff & Billing on the 4th floor of NPA Headquarters before payment in any commercial bank.
E. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit two (2) bound hard copies each of Technical and Financial Bids with soft copy of financial bid only in MS Excel format (placed in financial bid envelope), packaged Separately in Sealed Envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid” and thereafter put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger envelope addressed to “Secretary to the Tenders Board, Nigerian Ports Authority’’ and clearly marked “Invitation to Tender For Civil And Electrical Engineering Projects” specifying PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4111 (with appropriate description of each desired lot). Furthermore. the reverse side of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box located on the 3rd floor of NPA Annex Building at 1, Joseph Street, off Marina Lagos not later than 11:00 am on Monday, 2 December, 2019.
F. OPENING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The bid documents received before the deadline for submission will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission not 11:00 am on Monday, 2 December, 2019 in the Conference room on 3rd floor of the NPAAnnex building, as 1, Joseph Street, off Marina, Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please, ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the bid submission office on the 3rd floor of the annex building, as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “General Manager (Procurement)” on e-mail: email@example.com.
G. GENERAL INFORMATION
(1) Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
(2) Late submission will not be entertained.
(3) All costs incurred as a result of this tender invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies and only short-listed companies will be contacted.
(4) The Authority is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to cancel the Procurement proceedings in the public interest without incurring liabilities to the bidders in accordance with the provisions of Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007,
(5) Bidders are advised to visit the site.
(6) Where a bidder elects to bid for more than one (1) lot. submission on each lot should be made separately.
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY