NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY – NPA
26/28, MARINA LAGOS
PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4111
PRE-QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF PORT ROADS AT FEDERAL OCEAN TERMINAL (FOT) ONNE PORT, RIVERS STATE
The Nigerian Ports Authority hereby invites competent and reputable Civil Engineering companies to submit pre-qualification documents for the under-listed roads in Federal Ocean Terminal (FOT) Onne Port, Rivers State.
|DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT||LOT|
|Construction of Road D at Federal Ocean Terminal (FOT), Onne Port, Rivers State.||Lot 1|
|Construction of Atlas Cement Road at Federal Ocean Terminal (FOT).||Lot 2|
BIDDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BID FOR MORE THAN ONE (1) LOT
B. SCOPE OF WORKS
The scope of works shall include but not limited to the following:
|LOT 1||Subgrade works, Pavement works, Drainage works, Shoulder works.|
|LOT 2||Subgrade works, Pavement works, Drainage works.|
Further information is contained in the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) to be issued to pre-qualified companies.
C. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Interested companies should submit bound bid documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
(1) Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7.
(2) Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) valid till 31st December, 2019 with minimum cumulative turnover of N500 Million.
(3) Evidence of Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018) duly signed by ANAN/ICAN licensed Auditors.
(4) Evidence of Current Pension Clearance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM) valid till 31st December, 2019.
(5) Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
(6) Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
(7) Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/01/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
(8) Sworn Affidavit disclosing:
• That the Company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
• Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Ports Authority or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
• That the Company is not in receivership, subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
(9) All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone (preferably GSM No.), fax and e- mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company/Firm at the bottom of the page.
(10) Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
(11) List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease.
(12) Company profile to include names, qualification (copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications of such personnel must be attached) and experience of key personnel in road construction projects.
(13) Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs on road construction/pavement works in the last ten (10) years including Letters of Award, Contract Agreements or Job Completion Certificates.
(14) Failure to comply with items 1-13 above will lead to disqualification of the bid. (This applies for non-Joint Venture submissions).
(15) For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
(Items 1-11 are compulsory for each national JV partner white items 12 -13 can be provided by any of the J V partner and items 1,2,8 -13 are compulsory for an international J V partner).
D. SUBMISSION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Interested bidders are to submit two (2) bound copies of pre-qualification documents, paginated am arranged with dividers as indicated above. The prequalification documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes and addressed to “SECRETARY TO THE TENDERS BOARD, NIGERIAN PORT AUTHORITY” and clearly marked “PRE-QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF PORT ROADS AT FEDERAL OCEAN TERMINAL (FOT) ONNE PORT, RIVERS STATE” Specifying PUBLIC NOTICE NO:4111 (with appropriate description of desired lot)and dropped in the designated Tender Box located on the 3rd floor of NPA annex Building, 1, Joseph Street, o Marina Lagos not later than 11:00am on Monday, 11 November, 2019.
E. OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
All pre-qualification documents received before the deadline for submission will be opened immediately at 11:00 am on Monday, 11 November, 2019 in the Conference room on 3rd floor of NPA Annex building, 1, Joseph Street, off Marina, Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please, ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the bid submission office on the 3rd floor of the annex building, as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “General Manager (Procurement)” on e-mail: email@example.com.
F. GENERAL INFORMATION
(1) Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
(2) Late submission will be returned un-opened;
(3) All costs incurred as a result of this tender invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies and only short-listed companies will be contacted;
(4) Only pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for collection of tender documents;
(5) The Authority is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to cancel the Procurement proceedings in the public interest without incurring liabilities to the bidders in accordance with the provisions of Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY