INVITATION FOR QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF INSURANCE COVER
NIPEX TENDER NUMBER: 1000003538
EQUINOR ENQUIRY NUMBER: 460893
Equinor Nigerian Energy Company Limited/Operator of the NNPC/Equinor PSC hereby invites interested, reputable, qualified Nigerian Insurer with world class experience in major Oil and Gas to prequalify for the provision of insurance coverage for Equinor assets.
2.0. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of activities may include but not limited to:
• Group Life & Group Personal Accident
• Industrial All Risks Insurance
• Motor Vehicle Insurance
• Marine Cargo
• Energy package
The Insurer shall retain a percentage of the risk in Nigeria and re-insure the excess capacity leading foreign underwriter with A+ rating by S & P. The Insure will liaise with jointly appointed re-insurance Broker with foreign Underwriter. The insurers shall retain 70percent of the risk in Nigeria. The Insurer will also handle claims services, policy documentation, renewals endorsements etc.
3.0. BASIC REQUIREMENTS
Any Insurance Company seeking to be selected must satisfy the following conditions:
• Be a Limited Liability Company registered in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) to transact general business.
• Have acquired good experience in Oil and Gas insurance business
• Have adequate and qualified staff with experience in Oil and Gas Insurance business
• Must be in good standing as regards prompt settlement of all claims reported to date
• Must be a good corporate citizen of Nigeria that pays its taxes as when due
4.0. MANDATORY REQUIREMENT
• To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified as essential service vendors in (Category Number/description) (1) 3.14.05 – Life insurance Services, (2) 3.14.07 – Non-Life Insurance Services, in NipeX Production Sharing Contract (PSC) data base. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive an Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
• To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category, you are listed for, open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click continue PSC Scheme tool, click my suppliers status and then click supplier product group.
• If you are not listed in a product/service category and you are registered with DPR to di business, contact NipeX office at Temple road, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
• To initiate the PSC prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
• To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
5.0. NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
• Provide evidence of company Ownership Structure form CO2 and CO7, registration on NOGIC JQS and DPR certificates.
• Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructures in Nigeria to support this contract
• Tenders shall provide evidence of Current NAICOM certificate and MOA with Reinsurance company
• Nigerian content plan on how it intends to achieve 100%, 70%, and 40% of Life, Non-Life, and Marine services respectively
• Provide Project Specific organogram and CV’s of personnel listed in the organogram
• Provide evidence of NC employment and training plan
6.0. CLOSING DATE
Only Tenders who are registered in the NJQS product Category (1) 1.14.05 Life Insurance Service, (2) 3.01.07 Non-Life Insurance Services, as of 1600hrs 30th of May 2019 being the close advert date shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
7.0. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
All cost incurred preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s account.
This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Equinor Nigerian Energy Company Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall entitle qualified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity form Equinor Nigeria Energy Company Limited and/or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
Equinor Nigeria energy Company Limited will communicate only authorized officers in the tendering companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
Please visit NipeX portal at ww.nipex-ng.com for this advert and other information. Also, note that this contract will be progressed through the NipeX system.