SHELL NIGERIA EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION COMPANY LIMITED (SNEPCO)
TENDER OPPORTUNITY: (SUPPLY OF BULK METHANOL FOR BONGA FPSO)
TENDER REF: CW241883 NIPEX NO. 00000147
SNEPCO hereby announces to interested and prequalified companies an upcoming tendering opportunity for the Supply of Bulk Methanol to BONGA FPSO. The proposed contract will commence tentatively in September 2019 and remain active for three years duration, followed by one-year renewal option.
A single Contract is planned for award. Please visit the Nigerian Petroleum Exchange Portal www.nipex-ng.com for further details.
Methanol is used to keep the flow lines from subsea wellheads to the surface of the water from becoming restricted or blocked.
Any unplanned shutdowns of the BONGA FPSO results in lowering of the temperature of the subsea wells to about 40. This can cause formation of hydrates in the flow lines, restricting the flow of the hydrocarbons to the surface. Hydrates form when methane (natural gas) mixes with water in the production line forming ice-like crystals. In some cases, the combination of cooled wax coating the flow lines plus the formation of hydrates can completely block the flow line. The complete blockage of
the flow line can often result in the need to replace the flow line to resume production.
Chemical inhibitors such as methanol is currently in use used to keep the oil and gas product from freezing and preventing the formation of hydrates.
Scope of Work
• Purchase of methanol from refinery and delivery to BONGA FPSO in Nigeria. Additional consideration includes the logistics requirements to freight the methanol from a refinery to Nigeria, including customs clearance and eventual delivery to the BONGA FPSO
3.0 Mandatory Requirements
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractor are required to be pre-qualified as essential service vendor in the Production/Process/Drilling Chemicals 2.07.08 (Product/Services) category in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view product/service category you are listed for, open http://vendorsnipexjqs.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8, Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary
payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.