INVITATION TO TENDER
REFERENCE: RFQ 19-0823-ABV-NG
TITLE: CONSULTANT- END OF PROJECT EVALUATION OF IMPROVING FUEL WOOD
BALANCE PROJECT IN KATSINA STATE, NIGERIA
Oxfam is an international confederation of 19 organizations working in 94 countries worldwide to find solutions to poverty and injustice around the world. Each organization (affiliate) works together internationally to achieve a greater impact through collective efforts. Oxfam’s stated goal is to ensure vulnerable people’s needs are met (Saving lives and ensuring Sustainable livelihoods), Transform attitudes about women’s rights and support more active citizenship and a more accountable state and private sector.
Evaluation Summary: Oxfam in Nigeria will undertake an end of project evaluation for it’s improving the fuelwood balance in 7 LGAs in Katsina project. The Improving the fuelwood balance in seven LGAS in Katsina State has two components: Agroforestry implemented directly by OXFAM; and Clean Cookstoves Components implemented by International Centre for Energy, Environment and Development (ICEED).
The overall objective of the project is to sustainably improve the fuel-wood balance and resilience of livelihoods of rural households in the seven benefiting Local Government Areas in Katsina state. The specific objective includes: By project end, increase wood supply by establishing Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration and other sustainable agroforestry models with more than 5.5 million additional trees planted and/or maintained to generate income for beneficiaries in target areas, whilst reducing fuel wood demand through dissemination and use of firewood efficient stoves
To achieve the objectives of the project, Oxfam is conducting quotation process within Nigeria and the successful applicant will be expected to work in line with the following qualifications to apply:
Qualifications of the Consultant:
The evaluation will be undertaken by Consultant/consulting firm who will work in close collaboration with the FuWoBa Project Manager and the Program Quality team. Therefore, we are looking for a Consultant/consulting firm with the following skills and qualifications;
• The team leader must possess a Postgraduate degree in Agriculture, Management, Social Sciences or related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience in designing survey methodology, data collection tools, processing and analysis of data.
• Ability to interact with host government, partners and/or others as requested by Oxfam
• At least seven (7) years’ proven experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning specifically for developmental projects for the lead evaluator;
• A proven record in delivering effective and professional evaluation results in developmental projects;
• Experience assessing the impact and outcomes on gender equality in evaluations; Excellent communication, analysis, writing and report presentation skills in English;
• Ability to conduct interviews and discussions in English and local language.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data from different sources relating to the scope of the evaluation.
• Strong presentation, facilitating, communication and team working skills.
• Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct discussions with a diversity of people ranging from senior management to project participants
• Willingness and ability to travel to the different projects sites in Katsina State.
• Capacity to carry out field research in Northern Nigeria;
• Knowledge and awareness of;
b. agroforestry and mud efficient clean cook stove and
c. the experience in the Nigerian context
• Knowledge of Oxfam and its work.
The TOR can be collected at Oxfam office located at 11, Ganges Street, Off Alvan Ikoku Way – Maitama – Abuja, or it can
INVITATION TO TENDER
Invitation to tender Page 2/2 is issued to you through email on request.
Requests for clarification may be submitted by email to email@example.com, until the October 31st 2019.
The deadline for submission of tenders is 31st October, 2019, at 12 noon upon conditions in the TOR.
Oxfam does not bind itself to award the contract to the lowest offer and reserves the right to accept the whole part of the bids.
We look forward to receiving a bid from you and thank you for your interest in working with us.
Oxfam supply and logistics team Nigeria