FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
THIRD NATIONAL URBAN WATER SECTOR REFORM PROJECT
PROJECT ID: P123513 LOAN NO/CREDIT NO/GRANT NO.5416-NG
REF NO: NG-RSWC-142401-CS-CQS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE PREPARATION OF RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLAN
(RAP) FOR THE PROPOSED WORKS UNDER URBAN WATER SECTOR REFORM &PORT
HARCOURT WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION PROJECT AND NATIONAL URBAN
WATER SECTOR REFORM PROJECT 3
1. This invitation follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online, Issue No WB1853-04/15 of 17 April 2015 and on the World Bank External Website.
2. The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received Financing from the World Bank towards the cost of Third National Urban Water Sector Reform Project.
3. In compliance with African Development Bank (AfDB) Operational Safeguard (OS2) and the World Bank (WB) Operational Policy (OP. 4.12), Involuntary Resettlement was triggered by this project and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) was prepared in 2013 and subsequently updated in 2015 for the Urban Water Sector Reform & Port Harcourt Water Supply Sanitation Project (NUWSRP & PHWSSP) and National Urban Water Sector Reform Project 3 (NUWSRP 3).
4. The Rivers State Government disclosed the full Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) which includes a detailed Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) for the Urban Water Sector Reform & Port Harcourt Water Supply Sanitation Project (UWSRP & PHWSSP) and National Urban Water Sector Reform Project 3 (NUWSRP 3) from the 16th of September 2013 to 15th October 2013 in line with National regulations. However, following the time lapse between the project approval and implementation of the works and the 2017 update of the design (Both WB and ADB components), a new Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) is required
5. The Port Harcourt Water Corporation intends to apply part of the credit to finance the engagement of a firm with vast experience is the preparation of EIA and AMPS to prepare an ESIA in line with the new design for the REHABILITATION, UPGRADING AND EXTENSION OF WATER SUPPLY SYSTEMS FOR PORT HARCOURT AND OBIO-AKPOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS, RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA hereinafter referred to as the Works”,
6. The Consulting Firm the Services”) shall undertake the following key activities
• Review all existing project documents such as, but not limited to, engineering designs, design drawings, design review report, WB Project Appraisal Document (PAD), A B Project Appraisal Report (PAR) and Social Impact Assessment, Environmental and Social Management Plan and Resettlement Action Plan etc.
• Prepare a RAP using current occupants of the project affected area as basis for the design of the RAP to ensure that all affected persons within the project area are adequately compensated and assisted to resettle.
7. Prepare an entitlements matrix listing all likely impacts.
8. Provide mechanisms for ensuring that an affordable and accessible procedure is in place for third party settlement of disputes arising from resettlement
9. Prepare implementation schedule, costs and budgets, monitoring and evaluation covering all RAP activities, and organise the disclosure and consultation process.
The water supply works package to be carried in the Project consists of the following:
a. Works Package 1 (Consisting of 3 lots) – Under the NUWSRP 3
• Construction of 1500m3, 250m3 and 1500m3 Elevated Concrete Water Tank in Trans Amadi, Woji- Elelenwo, and Abuloma respectively
• Supply and Installation of Transfer Pumps Construction of Pumping Station Laying of 6.0km, 10km and 5km transmission pipelines in Trans-Amadi, Woji-Elelenwo and Abuloma respectively
• Laying of 110km, 240km and 140km distribution Pipelines in Trans-Amadi, Woji-Elelenwo and Abuloma respectively
• Erection of Public Metered Kiosks
• Rehabilitation and Construction of Miscellaneous Buildings. Extension of Power Supply
• Supply and Installation of water supply meters
a. Works Package 1& 2 (Consisting of 3 lots each)-Under the UWSP & PHWSSP
• Rehabilitation of Existing Nos. 11 boreholes, drilling of Nos.8 New 380mm boreholes (380mm dia) and laying of 2.3km raw water line at Rumuola
• Laying of 600m transmission line (Rumuola-EWT), and 130km distribution lines (Rumuola) + meters
• Construction of 1500m3 EWT, 2000m3 GET, 3000m3 GLT and rehabilitation of existing EWT and GLT at Rumuola.
• Supply and installation of new pumps, rehabilitation of existing pump houses and construction of generator buildings at Rumuola
• Construction of new treatment, clear water tank and high-lift paint, and laboratory at Rumuola.
• Lining and diversion of existing drain
• Power Supply Substation
• Construction of sewage collection and disposal system (earth works 1605m) at Rumuola
• Refurbishment of existing buildings at Rumuola
• Laying of 91.84km of transmission (Diobu-Moscow) and distribution lines (Moscow) + Meters
• Laying of 115.54km of transmission (Diobu-Borokiri) and distribution lines (Borokiri) + Meters
• Laying of 170.9kms of transmission (Rumuola-Diobu) and distribution lines (Diobu) + Meters
• Construction of 650m EWT and rehabilitation of existing EWT at Moscow Station
• Rehabilitation of existing 500m’ EWT at Borikiri Station
• Construction of 500m EWT, rehabilitation existing EWT and rehabilitation of existing Ground Level Tank (GLT) at Diobu Station
• Construction of guard house, chlorine dosing building at Moscow, Borokiri and Diobu
• Construction of Pump house, Admin Building, residential building for operators in Diobu
• Rehabilitation of existing buildings in Moscow, Borikiri and Diobu
• Provision of Power Supply Sub-station in Diobu.
10. The PHWC now invites eligible consulting firms (Consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. The prospective firm should demonstrate the ability to carry out this study with prove capability of studying and producing consistent high quality reports, and shall have strong country knowledge: specific knowledge of the project area will be an advantage with at least five (5) years demonstrated proficiency in the preparation, review and approval of African Development Bank and the World Bank safeguard instruments for infrastructure projects (OS2 and OP 4,12 respectively), as well as Nigerian regulations and procedures related to land acquisition. Other qualification criteria is provided below:
|ORGANIZATION QUALIFICATION CRITERIA|
|D||Experience of at least three (3) assignments each with scope and nature like the assignment|
|E||A summary of at least two (2) assignments undertaken in the project country (Nigeria) and in Sub Saharan Africa, giving the client name, the value of the contract and the year of commencement and completion of the assignment|
|F||Experience in assignments funded by WB, ADB and other development Banks and organization.|
|G||Skills: List of relevant staff, employment status including staff in payroll and independent consultant, and years of relevant experience. Indicative personnel profile should include but not limited to the following: Sociologist. Valuation Expert, GIS Expert/Data Management Expert, GBV Expert and Communication and Public Facilitator|
11. The attention of interested consultant is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by the World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, Revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
12. Borrowers are under no obligation to shortlist any consultancy firm which expresses interest.
13. Consultant will be selected in accordance with the CQS method set out in the Bank Guidelines for selection of consultants.
14. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday between 9:00 to 16:00 Hours (Nigeria time) except holidays.
15. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form (one hard original, five hard copies and a CD) to the address below by 12:30 Hours (Nigeria time) on the 12 December 2019, and mention “EOl for the Third National Urban Water Sector Reform-Rivers Project CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE PREPARATION OF RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLAN (RAP) FOR THE PROPOSED WORKS UNDER URBAN WATER SECTOR REFORM in PORT HARCOURT WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION PROJECT AND NATIONAL URBAN WATER SECTOR REFORM PROJECT 3.
The Managing Director
Chief Ibibia O’ Walter JP
Port Harcourt Water Corporation
No. 6, Water Works Road
Port Harcourt, Nigeria