PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT
NIGERIA ELECTRIFICATION PROJECT (NEP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES (FIRM SELECTION)
NIGERIA ELECTRIFICATION PROJECT
IDA CREDIT NO: 62910
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: Consultancy Services for Independent Verification Agent (IVA) for Result Based Finance Facilities for Solar Home Systems and Mini Grids
REFERENCE NO: REA-NEP/C/QCBS/35/18
The Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for financing from the World Bank for a Credit towards the cost of the Nigeria Electrification Project (NEP) and Rural Electrification Agency, the implementation Agency intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payment under the contract for the Consultancy Services for an Independent Verification Agent (IVA) for Result Based Finance Facilities for Solar Home Systems and for the performance based grant program for Mini Grids.
The consulting services (“the services”) include:
- Conduct an independent verification of claims where actual products supplied under the Solar Home Systems OBF facility are confirmed to exist and be in use by the specified end users. The verifications will serve as a trigger for payments from the PMU to the grantees with the facilitation of the Grants Administrator firm contracted under the project.
- Establish validity and correctness of sales claims submitted by the grant beneficiaries for products eligible under the program.
- Verification of customer connections and satisfactory electricity service as required for the mini grid programs (minimum subsidy tender, and performance-based grants).
The duration of the assignment is 24 months. The assignment is expected to commence in July 2019.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.rea.gov.ng/independent-verification-agent-iva/
The Rural Electrification Agency – Project Management Unit (REA-PMU) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualification and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The IVA will be a top tier consulting or audit firm with a minimum of five (5) years operational existence as an organization
- Minimum of two (2) similar assignments in the last five (5) years
- Capacity to verify transactions:
- Demonstrated experience in verification exercises, socio-economic studies and field/on-site studies;
- Proof of accounting, audit and finance background will be essential;
- Experience in organizational and project assessments including systems review;
- Past roles in project transaction verification will be an advantage.
- Ability to deploy resource persons in multiple rural locations if an as necessary
- Experience with the rural economy through past assignments. Familiarity with rural energy interventions will be advantageous including engagement with energy product or service providers
- Ability to deploy a robust data collection and management system with capacity to track GIS coordinates for the field visits evidence of similar deployment in the past will be essential.
Please note that only the experience of the firm and not that of the Key Experts are required at this stage
Your attentionis drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a int venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant shall be selected in accordance with Consultant Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) Method as set out in World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 available on www.worldbank.org.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 0800 to 1700hrs.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by Monday 15th April, 2019.
Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Attn.: Head, NEP PMU Ground Floor
No.22 Freetown, Wuse II
Tel: +234 803 499 5157; +234 817 217 2915