Society for Family Health (SFH) Nigeria Invitation to Bid (ITB) For the Supply of Azithromycin Tablets
Society for Family Health (SFH) was incorporated in 1985 and is one of the foremost Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), that provide support to the Nigerian government in key areas of public health: HIV & AIDS prevention, family planning and maternal & child health (malaria, water and sanitation, and diarrhea control).
SFH has been appointed as Principal Recipient (PR) for the HIV grant for the public and private sector components of the New Funding Model (NFM) extension from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund).
Objective of service: Supply of Azithromycin Tablets for GF HIV NFM extension grant project in SFH.
In line with achieving the major objective for the project implementation, SFH invites interested and reputable companies to bid for supply of medicine listed here below:
ITEM DESCRIPTION: Azithromycin Tablets
- 500mg tablets in blisters,
- Pack of 3 tablets
QUANTITY: 17,100 packs
UNIT PRICE IN NAIRA (N)Quote unit price per pack of 3 tablets
- This invitation to bid is in two (2) stages; Pre-qualification and Request for Quotes stages (as described in A & B below)
- Quoted item must be NAFDAC registered
- The brand name quoted for must be stated on your quotation
- Delivery will be at SFH warehouse, Block IV, Plot 24, 25, 26 & 27, Ogun State Housing Corporation Estate, Off Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State
- Cost of delivery of item must be included in the unit cost and not quoted as a line item
- Bidders must use the cost template as provided by SFH (the cost template can be found on SFH website)
Note: Bidders employing or having in their management structure SFH staff members and family, GFA Consulting Group members and family, the Global Fund Local Funding Agent and their family; are exempted from participating in this bid
- Pre-qualification Stage /Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for consideration, interested organizations must provide the following details:
- Profile of the organization, including organization’s Certificate of Incorporation, physical address, and contacts (telephone and email)
- Tax Clearance Certificate for 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Most recent audited account (2018)
- Evidence of previous similar job and supply done (must include any or all the following; Award Letters, Local Purchase Order, Goods Receipt Note)
- Evidence of having done similar jobs of a minimum value of N10,000,000 within the last two years
- Evidence as distributor for this class of finished pharmaceuticals (distributor license issued by manufacturer)
- A copy of the Certificate of Analysis (CoA) for the batch quoted for (the quoted medicine must have a minimum of 2 years shelf life at the time of delivery)
- Request for Quotation Stage:
The Procurement committee set up within SFH will assess the extent to which quotations submitted in response to this ITB, meet the evaluation criteria that are set forth below.
- To be eligible for consideration at this stage; bid from interested organizations must adhere to the specifications provided above. Delivery date and validity of quote (not less than 60 days) must be stated on your quotation
- Compliance with the stated specification, including shelf life
- Price will be the major criterion used to evaluate the pre-qualified bids; however, delivery date may be used as an evaluation factor
- Prices shall be stated in Naira (N) for all bidders
- Unit price must include withholding tax
- Terms of Invitation to Bid:
- This publication can also be found on SFH websites: www.sfhnigeria.org (see vacancy tab on the website home page) and on dgMarket (international tenders portal)
- SFH reserves the right to appoint or not to appoint any of the companied as it may deem fit. Any company appointed shall be subject to terms of engagement that may be entered on appointment as the supplier
- Organizations should take account of the expected submission date and are responsible to ensure that bids are received at SFH by the due date and time. Lots or misdirected courier packages received after the due date and time will be considered as having been submitted late
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of SFH to appoint any organization nor shall it entitle any organization to claim any indemnity from SFH
- Bids sent via email will not be considered
- No advance payments will be made to the potential vendor
- Upon award of this contract, price variation will NOT be allowed
- SFH is Value Added Tax (VAT) exempted
- 5% Withholding Tax will be deducted from the winning vendor’s contract value in compliance with Nigeria Tax law
- Only successful bidders will be contacted
Evaluation and Selection of the Supplier:
- A procurement committee will be constituted to review the submissions and shortlist applicants to proceed to the next stage of Request for Quotation based on the criteria listed below (as described in A)
- At the prequalification stage, a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ qualifier will be used to rate all the points detailed in “A” and only companies with a ‘yes’ response against all the points detailed in “A” above will be considered for the Request for Quote Stage
- All costs incurred by bidders because of this process and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies. This would include any costs incurred during submission of bid, sample presentation and subsequent meetings and negotiations
- The modification or withdrawal of bids shall be allowed if the request is received prior to the bid closing time. Modification or withdrawal requests must be made in writing and signed by an authorized signatory of the bidder. Telephone requests shall not be considered (the bid withdrawal/replacement template can be found on SFH website).
- The modification or withdrawal of a bid does not disqualify a bidder from submitting another bid on the same tender, if the bid is received prior to the closing date. Modification or withdrawal requests received after the closing time will not be allowed
- Bids are to be submitted in a sealed envelope; SFH would not be held liable for the outcome of any bid received unsealed
- All quotes should be on the Company’s Letter Headed Paper and signed by an authorized signatory of the Company (quotations received without signatures will not be considered).
Interested bidders are welcome to visit the SFH website (www.sfhnigeria.org) for clarifications, enquiries or general information. This can be done by clicking on the banner link (GFHIV medicine) on the home page of the website. Such information should be requested not later than 10 days (i.e. 2nd April 2019) after publication. Bidders are informed that all clarifications will not be sent to the bidders requesting but shall be published on the SFH website. All responses to request for clarifications shall be posted on SFH website for all bidders to access and the responses to your clarifications will be placed on the website within 48hrs.
Submission of Application /Closing Date:
The code “SFH/GFHIV/MEDICINE/PREQ”should be boldly written on the top right corner of the Pre-qualification Stage submission envelope while the code “SFH/GFHIV/MEDICINE/QUOTATION”should be boldly written on the top right corner of the Request for Quotation submission envelope. Name of organizations tendering should also be clearly written on the rear of the two envelopes, failure to do this will lead to disqualification. The two (2) sealed envelopes should be addressed to the following:
The Head, Procurement Division,
Society for Family Health (SFH)
8 Port-Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya Street,
Area 11, Garki, Abuja.
Submission of bids must be hand delivered or couriered to the address above. The closing date for receiving the application is 16th April 2019 (i.e. 20 working days from the day of publication). Any application received after the stipulated twenty (20) working days will not be accepted.