REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
TARABA STATE WATER SUPPLY AGENCY (TWSA) – URBAN WATER
SUPPLY AND SANITATION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT-JALINGO
COMMERCIALIZATION, INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT, PPP STUDY AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SUPPORT TO TSWSA
WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT FINANCING AGREEMENT REFERENCE: 2100150025696
Project ID No:TS/AFDB/UWSSIP/SERVICES/009/19
This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online No. 760 of 17th November 2009 on-line and on the African Development Bank Group’s Website.
The Federal Government of Nigeria on behalf of Taraba State Government has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project-Jalingo, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this loan to payments under the contract for Commercialization, Institutional Support, PPP Study and Technical Assistance Support to Taraba State Water Supply Agency (TSWSA) Consultancy Services.
The assignment is as follows:
(1) Institutionalize a commercial attitude in the TSWSA and focus on providing the improved service delivery to its customers at affordable cost without government subsidies by:
(a) Increasing and sustaining the plant capacity utilization from 16% to at least 80%
(b) Reducing Non-revenue water from 98% to 30%
(c) Improving daily hours of water supply from 6 to 18 hours
(d) Ensure quality of water supplied meets the national drinking water standards.
(2) Improve the operational and financial performance of the TSWSA and expand the revenue base by:
(a) Improving collection efficiency and reporting of revenue collection from customers
(b) Improving operating cost recovery
(c) Develop a network management system to assist in improving water supply
(d) Develop a Performance contract for Operations staff.
(3) Develop a policy on billing and collection system, including procedural manuals for implementation while establishing a system for control.
(4) Build staff capacity in Conflict resolution (Alternative dispute resolution mediation)
(5) Low Income Households Strategy Domestication and Implementation (LIHSS)
(6) Carry out a comprehensive PPP option studies and propose the best and most acceptable viable model in comparism to condition and circumstances that fits TSWSA to achieve sustainability in service delivery.
The Taraba State Water Supply Agency now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
The Assignment shall be executed in 8 months.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” [July 2012], which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours (8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday).
Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below by 2 September, 2019 at 11.00am and mention “Commercialization, Institutional Support, PPP Study and Technical Assistance Support to Taraba State Water Supply Agency (TSWSA)”.
Taraba State Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project,
Magami, Jalingo, Taraba State, Nigeria