THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE, NIGERIA
INVITATION TO PRE-QUALIFICATION AND TENDER
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) invites interested competent and reputable contractors to apply for this Pre-qualification and Tender exercise; and submit the required information as well as comply with all other prerequisites for Pre-qualification and Tender for IGR Projects stated below:
2.0 SCOPE OF WORKS/SUPPLIES
|LOT||PROJECT||FUNDING AGENCY/ SOURCE|
|1||Supply of 4.0L V6 Petrol engine, 7-seater leather seats VX 4-speed automatic transmission (2018 model) vehicle||IGR|
|2||Supply of 2Nr. 2.0L Petrol engine, 4-speed automatic transmission (2018 model) vehicle||IGR|
3.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be considered, potential companies are required to submit all the under-listed verifiable documents:
(i) Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC2 and CAC7;
(ii) Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2019.
(iii) Company’s audited Accounts for the last three years (2016, 2017, and 2018), duly signed and stamped.
(iv) Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) compliance certificate expiring on 31st December, 2019.
(v) Evidence of Pension compliance certificate expiring on 31st December, 2019;
(vi) Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (N.S.I.T.F.) compliance certificate expiring on 31st December, 2019.
(vii) Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 30/06/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
(viii) Evidence of Financial Capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
(ix) Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar Jobs successfully executed, within the last Five (5) years, Including letters of award and job completion certificate, valuation certificates and photographs of the project.
(x) For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (all the eligibility requirements are compulsory for each JV partner)
(xi) Sworn Affidavit:
• Disclosing whether or not any official of the relevant Committees of the Federal University of Technology, Akure or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director of the Company, or shareholder has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in the bid are true and correct in all particulars;
• That the company is not in receivership or bankrupt;
• That the Director(s) of the prospective Company has/have never been convicted by any Court of Law
(xiii) Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council’s approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the vehicles;
(xiv) All document for submission must be transmitted with a covering letter under the Company’s letter Head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact address, Telephone number (GSM No.) and email address. The Letterhead paper must bear the names and nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
4.0 COLLECTION OF BID DOCUMENTS
Interested Bidders should collect Standard Bidding Document from Procurement Unit, last floor Old Senate Building FUTA, on evidence of payment of non-refundable fee of N10,000 per lot paid into FUTA REMITA account and the receipt stamped by Cash Office of the Bursary, Federal University of Technology, Akure from Monday, 3 June 2019.
For further enquiries, please contact: The Director, Physical Planning at T. J. Useni Building, FUTA, Ondo State, between the hours of 11:00 am and 3:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Two (2) copies of Prequalification documents must be submitted and should be arranged in the order listed above in one envelope marked “Pre-qualification …” (Quote the appropriate project’s and company name boldly written on the top right hand corner of the envelope) while two (2) copies of financial tender’s documents must also be sealed in another envelope (Quote the appropriate project’s name and company name boldly written on the top right hand corner of the envelope). The two envelopes should be enclosed together in a bigger envelope marked with project Title, Lot number and company name and delivered to: The Registrar, Federal University of Technology, P.M.B. 704, Akure, Ondo State. To reach him not later than 12:00 noon on Tuesday, 16 July, 2019.
6.0 OPENING OF BIDS
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, 16 July, 2019.
All bidders, Civil Society Organization and interested stakeholders are invited to attend the public opening at the Old Senate Chamber, FUTA.
7.0 IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
(1) The Standard Bidding Document purchased must be filled and submitted with the company profile. Any criteria stated in the Standard Bidding Document will be considered as part of pre-qualification criteria. Note that the standard bidding document is according to BPP guidelines. Visit www.bpp.gov.ng for more information.
(2) Certificate may be referred to the respective issuing authorities for verification and authentication.
(3) Bidders are advised to make their submissions in line with the advertisement and other requirements contained in the standard bidding documents.
(4) Technical and Financial Bid enclosed in one same single envelope that will expose the technical and financial bid at the same time of opening shall be disqualified.
(5) Failure to comply with the above requirements and content of the standard bidding document would automatically result in disqualification.
(6) This advertisement is published for information purpose, and should not be construed as a commitment or obligation on the part of FUTA to award these contracts.
(7) The execution of this project will depend on the release of funds by the appropriate funding. FUTA will not be liable if there is any delay in the release of funds.
(8) The University is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
MR. R. A. ARIFALO
REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY TO COUNCIL