INVITATION TO TENDER FOR PROCUREMENT OF COMPLIANT DIGITAL GRID TRADING POINT METERS
DEADLINE: Thursday 9th May, 2019
Given its pivotal roles in the Nigerian Electricity Market (NEM) – evacuating power from the Generators to the Distribution Companies, the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) is also responsible for the Energy Audit and Energy Accountability in NEM. One of its key performance indices is the Transmission Loss Factor – an index which measures its evacuation efficiency and for which its strives to reduce beyond the MYTO stipulated threshold.
In view of the above the TCN intends to engage the services of a reputable company for the procurement of a proven compliant Grid Trading Point Digital Meters. This need arises against the backdrop that the existing digital grid trading point meters at the Generation/Transmission and Transmission/Distribution interfaces have almost out-served their life-span and need to be replaced accordingly to ensure meter data accuracy for billing in NEM.
Supply of 200Nos. Compliant Digital Grid Trading Point Meters to enable generate accurate billing data for the Nigerian Electricity Market.
Interested companies/firms must possess the following:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and Form CAC7.
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017) valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 30/06/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Transmission Company of Nigeria or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years 2015, 2016, and 2017 duly stamped by a registered Auditor.
- Evidence of Banking Support/Financial Capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial Bank in Nigeria.
- Company profile with curriculum vitae of key staff with proof of expertise in the area of grid metering and after-sales services.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of having successfully carried out at least two (2) similar metering procurement contracts with TCN within the past five (5) years.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (all eligibility requirements are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Company/Firm.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Experienced and qualified companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) from the office of The General Manager (Procurement) ISO, Room G27, TCN Corporate Headquarters, Power House, Plot 24 Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja on evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 paid into System Operations (TCN) Remita account.
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger envelope addressed to The General Manager (Procurement) ISO, Room G27, TCN Corporate Headquarters, Power House, Plot 24 Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja and marked with “INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE SUPPLY OF COMPLIANT DIGITAL GRID ENERGY METERS”.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box at the ISO Procurement Office not later than 12:00 noon Thursday 9th May, 2019.
The Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12.00 noon Thursday 9th May, 2019, in the TCN Auditorium 2ndFloor, TCN CHQ, Power House, Plot 14 Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the Financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Please, ensure that you sign the bid submission Register in the office of GM (Procurement) ISO, Room G27, as TCN-ISO will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the following e-mails:
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- All pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for financial bid opening, while bids of un-successful bidders will be returned unopened.
- The proposed digital meter must undergo compliance test under the supervision of the Technical Department of the Market Operations if the meter had not been tested for compliance.
- TCN is interested only in holistic quotation in Nigerian Naira without separate items like clearing, insurance charges etc.
- Transmission Company of Nigeria is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.