University of Benin Invitation to Tender for Several Projects
Deadline: 24th April, 2019
In compliance with Due Process requirements for Procurement for Goods and Services in Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, the University of Benin intends to execute the under-listed projects and hereby invites interested, competent and reputable companies to submit their Technical and Financial Bids. The University of Benin intends to finance the projects from its Tertiary Institutions Social Health Insurance Programme (TISHIP) Fund.
The Projects for which the bids are invited are as follows:
LOT 1: Procurement of Comprehensive Health Management Service for University of Benin Students
3.1 Eligibility Requirements:
Companies interested in bidding for this job must possess the following eligibility requirements:
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) as a Limited Liability Company by inclusion of Certificate of Incorporation and Article of Association.
- Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017) valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- PENCOM Certificate in compliance with the Amended Pension Reform Act 2014 valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Certificate in Compliance with ITF Act 2005 valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by attaching of Interim Registration Report (IRR) or valid Certificate issued by BPP expiring 30/6/2019.
- Evidence of Company’s Financial Strength and Credit worthiness and solvency from the company’s Banker(s).
- Evidence of NHIS Scheme Capitation (Turnover) of not less than Two Billion Naira (N2 Billion).
- Audited Accounts of the Company for the last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017) fully signed and stamped by a professional accounting /audit firm and signed by the client.
- Evidence of current accreditation evidence of at least five (5) clients preferably Federal Universities in the last three (3) years including Letters of Awards.
- Company Profile with Curriculum of Key Staff including photocopies of academic/professional qualification.
- A copy of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in case of Bidders in Joint Ventures (JV), Partners in Joint Venture must meet all eligibility criteria.
- Sworn Affidavit certifying as follows:
- That the company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
- That the company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
- That no officer of the University of Benin or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director or shareholder of the company.
- That all information presented in the documents are true and correct in all particulars.
- That documents should be arranged in the order listed above.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
- COLLECTION TO TENDER DOCUMENTS
Tender Document shall be made available to interested bidders at the University’s Procurement Office, Room 2 (Upstairs) Uniben Water Scheme, University of Benin between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm daily on presentation of the tender receipt (in respect of the Tender) of non-refundable tender fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) per Lot paid into the University of Benin Remita Account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
5.1a Completed Technical Bids shall be submitted in two hard copies versions in A4 sized paper, spiral bound, numbered serially and duly signed by authorized signatories in a sealed envelope and labeled “Technical Bid” with Bidder’s name at the top right corner.
5.1b Completed Financial Bids shall be submitted in two hard copies versions in A4 sized paper, spiral bound, numbered serially and dully signed by authorized signatories in a sealed envelope and labeled “Financial Bid” with bidders name at the top right corner.
5.1c The Technical Bid (5.1a) and Financial Bid (5.1b) should be enclosed in sealed third large and boldly marked with the name of the bidder and project name. this should be addressed to:
University of Benin,
And should be hand-delivered at Procurement Office, Room 2 (Upstairs) Uniben Water Scheme, University of Benin, Ugbowo Campus, Benin City, Edo State
The document shall be submitted not later than 12:00 noon on Wednesday 24th April, 2019.
- OPENING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The Technical documents shall be opened immediately following the deadline for the submission of bids at 12:00 noon on Wednesday 24th April, 2019 in the University Senate Chamber in the presence of all bidders and interested members of the public.
- The tender fee is non-refundable
- Only company whose technical bids fulfill the minimum requirements would have their financial bids considered for the next stage
- Failure to comply with the above requirements shall automatically result in the disqualification of a bidder.
- The University Management reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim made in the Tender Documents submitted by bidders.
- The University Management reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time without incurring any liabilities and attributing any reason thereof.
- The University shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by the bidders in connection with response to this advertisement.
- Participation in the process and any related process neither creates any commitment nor established any legal relationship with the University of Benin. It is merely a precondition for further consideration of the Tender.
O. A. Oshodin (Mrs.)