VISTA ADVISORY PARTNERS
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
THE DEVELOPMENT OF A BUSINESS CASE TO VALIDATE/VERIFY THE VIABILITY AND SUSTAINABILITY OF A CLEAN SHUTTLE VEHICLES PROJECT IN LAGOS STATE.
RFP NO.: 001/24/07/2019
The ‘Clean Vehicle Reform Project’ is an initiative of the Lagos Green Transport (LGT) Company. It aims at restructuring and improving the current public transport operations and services in Africa. The concept of the reform is to replace the current depleted and polluting Public Transport (PT) vehicles with modernized, localised and sophisticated Zero-Emission Vehicles (ZEV) as well as provide optimal public transport services (the “Project”).
The essential components of the Clean Vehicle Reform Project include:
▪ Electric Fleet – The fleet would be brand new Zero Emission Vehicles which will be comfortable and localised to cater for any route or service. The vehicles will be disabled friendly and recharged from clean energy sources. Also, the fleet will be maintained by the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) while developing local capacity.
▪ Regulated Services – the mode of operation for the project will be via regulated services that will be franchised by the Government or Regulatory Authority, ensuring high service quality is offered to customers at all times through committed, qualified and certified professionals.
▪ Training – Appropriate training and re-training of the crew to ensure that the safety of life and properties, as well as promote and strengthen driver-passenger relationship etiquettes. The crew would be certified after the completion of the training programme.
▪ Ticketing – Advance ticketing would be put in place to ensure fast boarding of passengers and quick movement of queues which will, in turn, reduce waiting time at boarding points. Also, fare integration with existing fare collection systems will be promoted.
▪ Intelligent Transport Service (ITS) – The use of technology for journey planning and customer service will be implemented to provide passengers with real-time information.
▪ Infrastructure – The infrastructure needed for smooth running of operations will be provided. The infrastructure will include charging infrastructure, bus shelters, terminals, stands and depots amongst others. The vehicles would be garaged at their designated depots.
▪ Information, Education & Communication and Branding – All stakeholders will be carried along through the lifecycle of the project.