WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL (WAEC)
PRIVATE MAIL BAG 1022, YABA, LAGOS
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR BUILDING CONSTRUCTION WORKS
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) is desirous of building a Branch Office Complex. Examination Halls and Computer Based Testing (CBT) Centres in the following locations as stated.
Lot 1: Osogbo – Construction of an office block on two floors and Examination Hall with CBT Centre
Lot 2: Enugu – Construction of an Examination Hall with CBT Centre
Lot 3: Uyo – Construction of an Examination Hall with CBT Centre
Consequently, reputable building contractors are hereby invited to submit technical bids.
SCOPE OF WORKS
The Branch Office Complex shall be made up of an office block on two floors, Security Rooms, Offices, a Police post and external works
The examination hall shall be on two floors with 100 capacity hall on first floor, 500 capacity CBT Centre, Offices with Convenience on the ground floor and external works.
Prospective bidders are required to submit comprehensive documents that highlight the bidding company’s ability to carry out the services, availability of qualified staff and methodology for providing the services as stated above. In addition, bidders are required to state the minimum time frame for providing needed services. The bidding documents must contain the following requirements for evaluation:
- Company Data:
- Company Name
- Business Address (not P.O.Box)
- Name and Phone Number of Primary contact person
- E-mail Address
- Company profile with curriculum vitae of key staff and copies of their professional qualifications.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance from Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) for year 2016-2018.
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission, namely Certificate of Incorporation, memorandum and Article of Association forms CAC7, CAC2 and CAC/BN/A1 (Certified true copies).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of handling at least three (3) similar jobs in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates and Job Completion Certificates.
- Duly Stamped Company Audited Accounts for years 2016-2018.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable Commercial Bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 1/1/2020 or valid certificate issued by BPP.
- Bank Statement for the past 12 months beginning from 1stMarch, 2018 to 30thApril, 2019.
- Reference Letters from two (2) previous clients on comparable projects, satisfactorily completed to be included in the pre-qualification.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of West African Examination Council or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder, or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all the information presented in the bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Sworn Affidavit that the company/firm is not in receivership/bankruptcy.
- Sworn Affidavit that none of the Directors or partners of the company/firm is an ex-convict in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
PRE-QUALIFICATION AND TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested bidders are requested to submit their pre-qualification documents in sealed envelopes to the Office of the Director of Works, WAEC, Yaba between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm on official working day on or before August 14, 2019 by 12:00 pm.
The opening date for the submitted pre-qualification documents is August 14, 2019 by 2:00pm in premises of WAEC, Yaba.