INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION
REFERENCE: PQ/EPC-TL/WAPP-NC/WB # 02
COUNTRY: MULTINATIONAL (NIGERIA, BENIN, BURKINA FASO, NIGER).
PROJECT NAME: WAPP – NORTH CORE / DORSALE NORD, REGIONAL POWER INTERCONNECTOR PROJECT
PROJECT ID N°: P162933
FINANCING AGREEMENTS: CRÉDITS N°6340-BJ, 6339-BF & 6341-NE, DONS N°D393-BJ, D392-BF &D394-NE
CONTRACT TITLE: PREQUALIFICATION FOR THE TURNKEY CONSTRUCTION (EPC) OF THE 330 KV WAPP NORTH DORSAL POWER TRANSMISSION LINES IN BENIN, BURKINA FASO AND NIGER
This prequalification notice is in response to the General Procurement Notice issued on April 09, 2019 on the UNDP website. The Governments of Nigeria, Niger, Burkina Faso, Benin and WAPP have received funding from the World Bank to cover the cost of the WAPP – North Core / North Dorsal Regional Electric Interconnection Project, and intend to allocate a portion from the proceeds of this financing to turnkey construction contract payments for the following 330 kV power lines:
- Lot 1B-1C-TL :
– Sub-lot 1B-TL: 330 kV power lines between Nigeria / Niger border – Zabori and Zabori – Niger / Benin border (136 km in Niger);
– Sub-lot 1C-TL: 330 kV power lines between Niger / Benin border – Malanville (12 km in Benin);
- Lot 2-TL: 330 kV power lines between Zabori – Gorou Banda (180 km in Niger);
- Lot 4A-TL: 330 kV power lines Niger / Burkina Faso border – Fada N’Gourma (Burkina Faso, 160 km);
- Lot 4B-TL: 330 kV Fada N’Gourma power lines – Ouaga-Est (221 km in Burkina Faso).
Applications may be submitted for prequalification for one or more contracts as per the terms and conditions to be indicated in the Prequalification File.
The Project Management Unit (PMU) intends to prequalify contractors and / or companies for turn-key construction works (EPC) of high-voltage power transmission lines with the following key features:
- 330 kV high-voltage overhead transmission line in double dull with vertical phase configuration;
- Freestanding type pylons made of wire mesh, with reinforced concrete foundations;
- Two phase-bundled conductors with composite insulator strings;
- For sections in Niger and Benin: two guard cables including a CGFO (Optical Fiber Cable), and
For the sections in Burkina Faso: three insulated guard cables for rural electrification including a CGFO.
The invitations to tender are scheduled to be launched in November 2019.
Prequalification shall be conducted in accordance with the pre-qualification procedures specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations, applicable to Borrowers in the framework of the World Bank’s Investment Project Financing, as of July 2016 revised in November 2017 and August 2018; it is open to all candidates from countries that meet the eligibility criteria, as defined in the Procurement Rules.
Eligible interested candidates may obtain further information and consult the pre-qualification document at the WAPP North Dorsal Project Management Unit.
Plot No 1285 Wiki Springs Street,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Email address: email@example.com
cc: firstname.lastname@example.org From 09:00 to 17:00, local time (Abuja – GMT+1).
Interested candidates may obtain a complete set of the French pre-qualification document by making a written request to the address indicated below together with proof of payment of a non-refundable amount of Twenty Thousand (20,000) Naira. Payment will be made by transfer to account # 2710002733 opened at Ecobank Nigeria-Abuja on behalf of West African Power Pool / North Core. The document could be sent by the route indicated by the applicant and will have paid the shipping costs.
Dossiers marked “PQ / EPC-TL / WAPP-NC / WB # 02: Pre-Qualification Application for Turnkey Delivery of 330 kV WAPP Northern Dorsal Power Transmission Lines in Benin, Burkina Faso and Niger” must be deposited in a sealed envelope delivered to the address below before 21 October 2019 at 11 am, Abuja time (GMT + 1):
Attention to Mr MAILELE Djibril Amadou
WAPP NORTH CORE PROJECT
Plot No 1285 Wiki Springs Street, Maitama,
Abuja, Federal Republic of Nigeria
Late applications might be rejected.