WEST AFRICAN POWER POOL – WAPP
ELECTRIQUE QUEST AFRICAIN
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES FIRMS SELECTION)
NORTH CORE PROJECT/PROJET DORSALE NORD
COUNTRY: MULTINATIONAL – WEST AFRICAN POWER POOL (WAPP);
PROJECT ID: P162933
PROJECT: NORTH CORE REGIONAL INTERCONNECTOR PROJECT NIGERIA-NIGER-BENIN-BURKINA FASO
GRANT NO: IDA-D3910
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: FINANCIAL AND COURTING ACT AT THE COURTS OF THE NORTH CAR REGIONAL
INTERCONNECTOR PROJECT (2019, 2020 AND 2021 FINANCIAL YEARS)
REFERENCE NO: WAPP-NC-REF-3B-006
1. The West African Power Pool had received a Grant from the World Bank and intends to apply part the proceeds for the following consulting services: Financial and Accounting Audit of the accounts of the North Core Regional Interconnector Project (2019, 2020 and 2021 Financial Years). Final audit reports must be received not later five (5) months after the end of the relevant fiscal year.
2. The consulting services (‘the Services”) include annual audit to be carried out in accordance with International Standards on auditing, as promulgated by the International Federation of Accountants and should include such tests and auditing procedure as the auditor considers necessary under the circumstances.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
Providing reasonable so that the financial statements audited by them give a true and fair view of the activities of the Project during the course of the year and have been prepared in accordance with IPSAS Accrual Basis
Identifying, assessing and examining risks to regularity propriety and financial control and report on significant weaknesses
Providing constructive advice that will help the Project Management to improve governance including financial management control and reporting
Providing a Final Audit Report and management letter.
Carrying out a physical verification of the major fixed assets and investments of the Project at the headquarters in Abuja and is country offices in Nigeria, Niger, Benin and Burkina Faso
The implementation period is estimated at four (4) weeks per year. The expected start date of assignment is February 2020 for the preceding year Financial Statement audit
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below
4. CONSULTANTS QUALIFICATIONS AND SHORTLISTING CRITERIA
The WAPP-North Core Project Management Unit (WAPP-NC PMU) now invites eligible consulting firms(“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: The consultant must be an independent Audit and Accounting Firm, regularly engaged in the audit of financial statements and accounts and registered
Chartered Accountants internationally recognized by IFAC Proven experience of ten (10) years in auditing regional projects notably in the energy sector, would be regarded as an asset.
KEY EXPERTS WILL NOT BE EVALUATED AT THE SHORTLISTING STAGE
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs,3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Banks “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment:
Consultants shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations power clients, or that may place them in a position of being unable to carry out the assignment in the be is of the Borrower. Without limitation on the generality of the foregoing Consultants shall not be hired under the circumstances set forth below:
Consultants (including their experts and other personnel and sub-consultants), that have a close business or family relationship with a professional staff of the Borrower, or of the project implementing agency, or of a recipient of a part of the Bank’s financing or any other party representing or acting on behalf of the Borrower, that is directly or indirectly involved in any part of;
i. The preparation of the TOR for the assignment.
ii. The selection process for the contractor; or
iii. the supervision of the contract, may not be awarded a contract, unless the conflict stemming from this relationship has been resolved in a manner acceptable to the Bank throughout the selection process and the execution of the contract
5. Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
6. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Least Cost Selection (LCS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, July 2016, revised November 2017 an August 2018.
7. Interested consultants can obtain additional information by sending their messages to the address below email@example.com, copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line “AUDIT WAPP NORTHCORE”
8. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by 15 November 2019 at 11 00 AM, local hour(Abuja-GMT+1)
West African Power Pool North Core-Project Management Unit
Attention: ENGR. MAILELE Djibril Amadou
Director WAPP-North Core Project
Plot No 1285, Wiki Springs Street, Maitama,
Abuja (Federal Republic of Nigeria)