THE WORLD BANK
KADUNA STATE COORDINATION OFFICE AGRO-PROCESSING, PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT AND LIVELIHOOD IMPROVEMENT SUPPORT (APPEALS) PROJECT
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR REGISTRATION AS SERVICE PROVIDER TO PARTICIPATE IN KADUNA STATE (APPEALS) PROJECT ACTIVITIES
NAME OF PROJECT: AGRO-PROCESSING, PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT AND LIVELIHOOD IMPROVEMENT SUPPORT (APPEALS) PROJECT
CREDIT NO.: 53390-NG
This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Agro Processing, Productivity Enhancement Livelihood Improvement Support Projects which was advertised in ThisDay Newspaper and Daily Trust Newspaper both of Monday, 3 September, 2018.
The Kaduna State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (herein referred to as IDA) towards the cost of the Agro Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support (APPEALS) Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments of contracts to Service Providers for activities under the following components
Component 1: Production and Productivity Enhancement
Component 2: Primary Processing, Value Addition, Post: Harvest Management and Women and Youth Engagement
Component 3: Infrastructure Support to Agri-business Clusters
Component 4: Technical Assistance, Knowledge Management and Communication
Component 5: Project Management and Coordination
APPEALS Project Strategic Support:
The project will help to improve access of participating farmers to new technologies and improved infrastructure as well as strengthen agricultural production and processing systems and facilities access to market for Dairy, Ginger and Maize Value Chains for small and medium scale commercial farmers in Kaduna State.
APPEALS will also help to improve access of Women and Youth to new technologies and improved infrastructure as well as strengthen agricultural production systems through value addition in all the value chain of the project (Cassava, Cashew, Rice, Poultry, Aquaculture, Cocoa, Wheat, Maize, Tomatoes, Ginger and Dairy).
The scope of work will cover the following:
1. Procurement of goods – field equipment, office equipment, training/communication equipment, jetties, water transport facilities/goods/equipment, etc. equipment, input for production and processing, for all the value chain enterprise.
2. Minor civil works – constructions, renovations, borehole drilling, rehabilitations and maintenance of production /processing facilities as well as energizing of designated farming enterprise; of processing facilities, Aggregation Centers, Farm estates and roads, as well as provision of water for small works of designated farming clusters and communities.
3. Consultancy services – studies /surveys an technical assistances (Mentorship), trainings and workshops etc.
The goods and civil works will be procured in accordance with the provisions of the “Guidelines for Procurement of goods and works under IBRD loans and IDA credits” dated January 2011, revised July, 2014; while the consultancy services shall be in accordance with the provisions of the “Guidelines for the selection and Employment of consultants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011, revised July, 2014.
To be eligible for consideration in any one of the above scope of work, service provider must provide the following details:
- Detailed company profile containing evidence of registration (not less than 3 years), related past experience, relevant personnel and other relevant documents/information.
- Evidence of technical capability and Audited Financial Statements.
- Payment of specified taxes as applicable under FIRS/Kaduna State Laws.
Service Providers must apply and shall be evaluated to be certified eligible and credible for consideration under Kaduna State APPEALS Project.
Interested Service Providers may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00am – 4:00pm (Mondays – Fridays).
Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below.
Method of Application
Interested eligible Service Providers who wish to be registered under the Kaduna State Coordinating Office of Agro Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support (APPEALS) Project to receive an Invitation to Bid under ICB, NCB and NS procedures for implementation of project component activities including the Women and Youth Empowerment Programme under Kaduna State APPEALS should submit his/her expression of interest to the address below.
Interested consultants who wish to receive a copy of the advertisement requesting for expression of interest or those requiring additional information should also contact the address below.
The State Project Coordinator
Kaduna State Agro Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support (APPEALS) Project Office
Kaduna Agricultural Development Agency Complex,
No.1 Aliyu Makama Road by Gashah Road, Barnawa
Kaduna South, Nigeria.
Tel: 08033494191, 08060939962