FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA GOVERNMENT OF ANAMBRA STATE
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
NAME OF PROJECT: NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT
CREDIT NO.: IDA 51050 NG RFB
REFERENCE NO.: ANS/NEWMAP/WEEKS/IS/19-01
ISSUE DATE: THURSDAY MAY 21, 2020
PROCUREMENT OF CONTRACTOR FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF PROCUREMENT OF CONTRACTOR FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF ADDITIONAL WORKS AT OMAGBA PHASE 2 EROSION SITE, ONITSHA.
INVITATION TO TENDER
The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a loan from the International Development Association (IDA) in various currencies towards the cost of Anambra State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (ANS-NEWMP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the Procurement of Contractor for the Construction of Additional Works at Omagba Phase 2 Erosion Site, Onitsha.
The Anambra State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Construction of Additional Works at Omagba Phase 2 Erosion Site, Onitsha-(The Works”)
The construction works is for Twelve (12) calendar months and shall include but not limited to the following:
a. Stabilization of the Gully Slopes and Banks;
b. Revegetation and bioremediation works:
c. Construction of drainages to intercept stormwater/wastewater to be discharged into the main drain;
d. Construction of perimeter fence.
|S/No||Contract Identity||Name of Works||Construction Period||Bid Security|
|1||ANS/NEWMAP/WKS/NS/19-01||Procurement of Contractor for the Construction of Additional Works at Omagba Phase 2 Erosion Site, Onitsha||12 months||A Bid-|
1. QUALIFICATION CRITERIA:
To be eligible for the construction works, bidders must meet the following criteria:
a. Have a general construction experience of at least Ten (10) years.
b. Have a minimum of Two (2) similar contracts of at least N60m each (Sixty Million Naira) that have been satisfactorily or substantially (at least 80%) completed as prime contractor between January 1 2010 and the submission deadline. The qualifying contracts must be in gully erosion control or works related to the assignment.
c. Minimum average annual turnover in construction works of at least N150M (One Hundred and Fifty Million Naira)in the last Five (5) years.
d. Provide evidence of firm’s corporate registration in Nigeria.
e. Provide annualł audited account for the last Five (5) years to demonstrate the soundness of the bidder financial situation.
f. Have liquidity and/or evidence of access to or availability of confirmed positive credit facilities of not less than N25 Million (Twenty-Five Million Naira).
g. Have no history of court arbitral award decisions at least for the past Five (5) years.
h. Have practical knowledge of vegetative remediation and landscape management techniques.
i. Bidders are required to submit an Environmental Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) Management Strategies and Implementation Plans required to manage the key ESHS risks of the project as outlined in the relevant sections of the bidding document. The suitability of the proposed strategies and plans will be assessed as part of the bid evaluation. evaluation
j. Bidders are required to submit an Environmental Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) Code of Conduct that will apply to their employees and sub-contractors, and details of how it will be enforced. Details of the required content of the ESHS is contained in ITB 11.1 (i) and Section VII – Works Requirements Suggested Content for An Environmental and Social Policy Statement” and “Minimum Requirements for the Bidder’s Code of Conduct.
k. Bidders shall be required to submit a COVID-19 workplace protection policy. This policy shall detail the bidder’s COVID-19 mitigation plan and should be consistent with the guidelines issued by the Federal Ministry of Health, Nigeria.
2. Bidding will be conducted using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- (Procurement Regulations”) July 2016, Revised October 2017 and August 2018 and is open to all invited Bidders.
3. You may obtain further information from Anambra State Project Management Unit, Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the tender document during the hours of 9:00AM to 5:00PM at the address given below.
4. A complete set of tender documents in English Language may be purchased by interested eligible tenderers upon the submission of a written application on the bidder’s letterhead to the address below and payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N 2000000 only. The method of payment is by Certified Cashier’s Cheque (Bank Draft) in favour of “Anambra State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project”.
5. Alternatively, bidders may submit a written application on the bidder’s letterhead via email to obtain a complete set of tender documents. The email address is – email@example.com. Payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00) only may be made via electronic transfer to the account information provided below. Bidders are advised to send proof of payment via email.
Bank: First Bank of Nigeria Limited
Account No.: 2022841001
Upon confirmation of payment, bidders will be emailed a complete set of bidding documents and a downloadable link. Bidders are responsible for ensuring that the email address they provide are working and frequently monitored.
6. Sealed bids may be delivered in hardcopy to the address below on or before 12:00 noon local time on Thursday June 25, 2020. Alternatively, bidders may submit their bids as email attachments to – firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12:00 noon local time on Thursday June 25, 2020. Late bids Will be rejected.
Bidders submitting bids via email must do so as read-only and password-protected document. Bidders are responsible for the password- protection of their bids. Bidder are to email their bid document password to the employer within One (1) hour after the submission deadline. Acknowledgement of bid submission and password will be provided by the employer.
7. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives via videoconference. Connection information will be emailed to bidders and anyone who requests to participate after the bid submission deadline.
8. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration. The Bid Securing Declaration shall be as contained in the form included in Section IV (Bidding Forms of the bidding document. Bidder are to maintain the original content of the Bid-Securing Declaration Form. Any material alteration to the Bid-Securing Declaration may lead to rejection of bid.
9. Bidders may seek clarification on the content of the bid packages up to 7 days before bid closing date. Requests for Clarification may be sent by email on in writing to the address below. A Pre-bid meeting will be held via videoconference on Thursday June 11, 2020 at 12 noon, which is Two weeks before the tender opening date, to allow potential bidders seek clarifications on the bidding document. Connection information will be emailed to bidders who have obtained the bidding document before the bid pre-bid meeting.
10. Given the peculiarities of COVID-19 emergency, bidders agree that al electronic documents provided under this tender will be treated as original documents and are legally binding. Therefore, Letters of Bid, Power of Attorney, All Submission Forms. Bid Security Declarations, Bill of Quantities, Financial Proposals, Manufacturers’ Authorization etc must be duly signed by designated officer of the bidder with power of attorney.
11. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
12. The address referred to above is:
State Project Coordinator,
Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project,
Anambra State Project Management Unit,
14 Onyechi Street, off Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Aroma, Awka,
Telephone: 09095754625, 08037452028