BREAKTHROUGH ACTION NIGERIA
REQUEST FOR BIDS
PURPOSE: RADIO SPOT PLACEMENT FOR BREAKTHROUGH ACTION – NIGERIA (BAN)
ISSUANCE DATE: FEBRUARY 14TH, 2020
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: FEBRUARY 21ST, 2020
The Johns Hopkins University Centre for Communication Programs (JHUCCP), Baltimore USA, has received USAID funding, under the Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-N) project, to implement health promotion and social and behaviour change interventions in Nigeria from 2018-2022 This project works with the Federal and State Ministries of Health to build their capacity in social and behaviour change communication leadership, and implement cutting-edge social and behavioural interventions to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians across a broad array of health issues, including Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition (MNCH+N), Family Planning, Malaria and Tuberculosis. We will work in 11 states and Abuja FCT, spanning each of the major geographical zones in the country.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROCUREMENT
• BA-N seeks to engage the services of top-rated radio stations to air
• BA-N SBC contents panning 3 states and Abuja from March 2020 to February 2021
• Radio stations must have coverage in at least one BA-N stare, identified as follows- Kebbi, Benue, Akwa Ibom, and Abuja.
• The contract will cover a period of one year. However, a MonthlyBroadcast Schedule will be issued per campaign to be executed. This would include unit cost, number of spots and total amount for that campaign.
• Review radio materials for breakage and error-free airing
• Ensure radio materials are keyed in before airing date
• Ensure all radio spots are played at the allotted time
• Grant extra time slots for spots and other benefits as social responsibility
• Campaign reports and notification of missed spots so BA-N can advise on rerun before end of campaign
• Be able to meet tight deadlines.
• Provision of Certificate of Broadcast (COT) alongside invoice for payment
• Provision of digital log for back check and reconciliation
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
• Extensive coverage in Kebbi, Benue, Akwa Ibom, and Abuja
• NBC broadcast license as evidence of ability to air BA-N campaign spot
• Provision of extra time slots for spots and airtime as part of social responsibility
• Evidence of Past Performance (Campaign logs showing reputable brands)
• Price and rates for spots including complimentary spots. ProvideOfficial Organizational Rate Card/Price List and discounted rates
ELIGIBILITY OF BIDDERS
All bidders must show their eligibility to participate in this procurement by providing copies of the following documents.
• Company Profile or executive organizational summary with verifiable business address
• Legal Certificate of incorporation in Nigeria and Tax identification number
SUBMISSION OF QUOTES
All bids must be on company’s official letterhead, duly signed and dated and sealed to be delivered to the BA-N Office address below, or emailed firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that bids capture all the requirements for selection. Any questions should be emailed to the procurement team at email@example.com. Any bids received without following the submission instructions will be disqualified. Only shortlisted vendors will be contacted for further discussions. Quotations should be addressed to:
Radio Spot Placement for Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria
Please state your payment terms while quoting. However, BA-N’s preferred term is full payment at the completion of each campaign, when invoice and certificate of broadcast has been received and approved. Payment approval is subject to compliance verification
BA-N is VAT exempt, so please do not include VAT fees when quoting. Also note that BANK will deduct withholding tax where applicable.
BA-N reserves the right to consider any quotations received before and after the end of the deadline. Any deviation from the specifications contained in the RFQ will lead to the vendor’s DISQUALIFICATION