PROJECT TITLE: SUPPORT TO STRENGTHENING RESILIENCE IN NORTH-EAST NIGERIA.
FUNDING AGENCIES: EUROPEAN UNION AND THE GERMAN FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC COOPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT
IMPLEMENTATION: GERMAN FEDERAL ENTERPRISE FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION “GIZ GMBH
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
GIZ is looking for qualified companies for the supply, installation, and maintenance of solar systems in various locations in Borno and Adamawa State. Works include the supply and installation of stand-alone solar systems in four (4) local government secretariats, one (1) in Borno State and three (3) in Adamawa State. The locations are specified below:
1. Mubi North Local Government Area Lot 1
2. Mubi South Local Government Area Lot 2
3. Maiha Local Government Area Lot 3
4. Maiduguri Metropolitan Council Lot 4
works must comply with the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission
(NERC) guidelines, Nigerian Electricity Management Service Agency
(NEMSA) and international Electrotechnical
Commission (IEC) standards, the works will be tendered in Four (4) lots by geographic reference. If shortlisted, further tender documents will be provided to the selected companies.
If your professional profile fulfills the following criteria:
• Proven experience with the execution of similar projects (projects in the North would be an advantage).
• Proven technical capacity and financial capability to execute the said project
• Proven qualified professional employees and staff
We are interested in your expression of interest.
Accordingly, GIZ invites interested and qualified companies to furnish Nigeria Country Office with the following:
1. An official letter expressing interest clarity indicating business area as a company with expertise in Clean Energy and a proven experience in supply and installation of Solar Home System. Also clearly indicate in your letter which Lots you are bidding for. You can bid for acne LOTS, some LOTS or all LOTS .
2. Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
3. Proof of successful completion of at least two (2) similar projects with a minimum contract value of 10,000,000 NGN each in the last six (6) years with the name of the client, phone number and email address of a contact person for each reference included.
4. Comprehensive company profile with a list of qualified employees including at least CV of a (1)COREN registered engineer and one (1) engineer certified by NEMSA. With core expertise in clean energy and a minimum of three (3) years of experience excluding similar projects. (AllCV’s should be a maximum five pages and all employees provided should be readily available throughout the project lifetime and can only be replaced by another employee with similar qualifications and experience subject to prior approval from GIZ).
5. Evidence of being financially capable to finance such tender preferably by letter of Introduction by the company’s bank.
6. Recent tax clearance certificate for the last three (3) years with the minimum turnover of Five (5)million.
For consideration, all interested bidders must initially send an email to
Expression of Interest 83346110”
requesting for pre-qualification template documents (pre-qualification form and CV template), complete the pre-qualification template documents electronically and submit the aforementioned documents as a hard copy in a sealed envelope to GIZ Nigeria Office reception at No. 4 Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja labeled:
“Expression of Interest 83346110”,
Your complete documents should not be more than 30 pages otherwise your EOI will be not be considered. Only complete documents received at the physical address indicated above not later than March 9th, 2020 will be accepted and considered
Do not send price offers, kindly be reminded that complete tender documents would be sent to firms that qualify from expressing their interest. Please be informed that only ten (10) companies with the best EOI would be shortlisted.