THE WORLD BANK
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA MINISTRY OF MINES & STEEL DEVELOPMENT MINERAL SECTOR SUPPORT FOR ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION (MINDIVER) PROJECT
REQUEST FOR BIDS -NON-CONSULTING SERVICES (FIRM SELECTION)
COUNTRY: NIGERIA PROJECT: MINERAL SECTOR SUPPORT FOR ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION (Mindiver; PROJECT PROJECT ID NO: DA 5990 NG
IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: NG-MINDIVER-160204-NC-RFB
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: AIRBORNE GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY OF SELECTED AREAS UNDER PROOF OF CONCEPT PROGRAMME MAGNETIC & RADIOMETRIC FOR IDENTIFIED AREAS
Date: MAY, 2020
1. The Federal Government of Nigeria, represented by the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development(MMSD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Mineral Sector Support Project for Economic Diversification, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract Airborne Geophysical Survey of selected areas under proof of concept programme High resolution magnetic & Radiometric for Areas in Block 1, 2 and 3. NG-MINDIVER- 160-204-NC-RFB.
2. The Ministry of Mines and Steel Development (MMSD) through the Mineral Sector Support for Economic Diversification (MinDiver) Project now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for carrying out Airborne Geophysical Survey of selected areas under proof of concept programme- High resolution magnetic & Radiometric for identified areas. (TLM50).
3. OBJECTIVE OF THE ACTIVITY
The main purpose of the activity is to carry out a higher resolution, target oriented airborne mag-rad survey over three (3) Blocks at flight line spacing of 150, 100 and 200m including the data processing to further translate it into a plausible geological interpretation within selected Priority Areas to better understand subsurface geological features and to develop new models for potential ore deposits. This will assist the MMSD in the strengthening of the Geological Knowledge of the Nigeria’s Mineral wealth, prepare for the identification of prospective areas for mining Development and to facilitate competitiveness to attract investors
4. BIDDER QUALIFICATION AND CAPACITY REQUIREMENT
I. The experience required to be demonstrated by the Bidder should include as a minimum that he has executed at least Two (2) similar projects totaling an accumulation of 1.5 Million line-km of Mag-Rad within the last 5 years (minimum of 300.000 Line-km Mag-Rad per year and at least one (1) in Africa.
II. Proven experience of the execution of at least 2 projects flying at least 50m ground clearance demonstrating a minimum of 500, 000-line kilometer on Airborne Geophysical Survey (Magnetic & Radiometric) within the last 5 years Client certification will be provided for confirmation that the project was flown at 50m height from the ground, (Pilot capability for dropping)
III. Minimum of 4 projects within the last 5 years having at least 250,000 Line-Km per project.
IV. The required minimum accumulated turnover for the successful Bidder within the last three years shall be fifteen Million United States Dollars (USD 15,000.000,00) or equivalent
The Bidders must prove experience in Services of a similar nature and size for each of the last five years, and details of Services under way or contractually committed and names and address of clients who may he contacted for further information on those contracts.
V. The minimum average amount of liquid assets and or credit facilities nel of other contractual commitments of the successful bidder shall Dollars. (USD 1,800.N00) or equivalent. be One Million Eight Hundred Thousand United States.
Additional information on experience and capabilities requirement for the services are provided in the Bidding Document.
5. The essential equipment to be made available for the Contract by the successful Bidder shall be:
a. A Turbine AirCraft certified for Anthem Geophysical (Mag-Rad) scanning of less than 15 years old with ability to fly at 260 km/hr.or less, thereby allowing a magnetic reading density of one reading every 3.7m or less, ata magnetometer sample rate of 20Hz.
b. A turbine Aircraft should have an excellent safety record and a high climb rate for steep terrain with a least two high sensitivity cesium vapour magnetometer on each wingtip with a sampling interval of 20 Hz and an in-flight sensitivity of 0.01 Nt.
c. A minimum number of 7 aircrafts & onboard systems available to be mobilized for Mag-Rad survey. The Bidder MUST submit a verifiable evidence confirming whether the equipment, hardware and software is owned or Leased or Hired
6. Bidding will be conducted through intematon competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers”July 2016, Revised November 2017 and August 2018 Procurement Regulations”) and is open to all eligible Bidders (or only to prequalified Bidders as the case may be) as defined m the Procurement Regulations.
7. Bidding documents in English Language will be forward to interested bidders on the submission a written Application (by letter or email). It may be downloaded on www.minesandsteel.gov.ng/mindiver-procurement
8. Bids for submission must be emailed to Mindivertender2020@gmail.com in a password protected document as an attachment on or before Tuesday June 16, 2020. Late Bids will be rejected Mindiver will confirm all received Bids by email.
9. ALL Bidders must send the password of their password protected attachment to email@example.com within one hour after the bid submission deadline of 11:00am, Tuesday June 16, 2020.
10. All Bids must be valid for a period of 150 days after bid closing and must be accompanied by either a Bid Security for the sum of Three Hundred thousand Dollars (USD 300,000) or One hundred and live Million Naira only (NGN 105,000,000.00) or a Bid Securing declaration.
11. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidders beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
The address referred to above is:
Mineral Sector Support for Economic Diversification (MINDIVER) Project
Attn: Utsu Linus Adie (Project Coordinator)
No. 10 Lola Close, off Luanda Crescent, Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse 2, Abuja
+234 909 324 0644