FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
GOVERNMENT OF ANAMBRA STATE
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
NAME OF PROJECT: NIGERIA EROSION & WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT
CREDIT NO.: IDA 51050 NG
RFB REFERENCE NO.: ANS/NEWMAP/WKS/NS/19-01
PROCUREMENT OF CONTRACTOR FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF ADDITIONAL WORKS AT OMAGBA PHASE 2 EROSION SITE, ONITSHA
INVITATION TO TENDER
The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a loan from the International Development Association (IDA) in various currencies towards the cost of Anambra State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (ANS-NEWMP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract; for the Procurement of Contractor for the Construction of Additional Works at Omagba Phase 2 Erosion Site, Onitsha.
The Anambra State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Construction of Additional Works at Omagba Phase 2 Erosion Site, Onitsha – (The Works”).
The construction works is for Twelve (12) calendar months and shall include but not limited to the following:
(a) Stabilization of the Gully Slopes and Banks;
(b) Revegetation and bioremediation works;
( c) Construction of drainages to intercept stormwater/wastewater to be discharged into the main drain;
( d) Construction of perimeter fence;
|S/NO.||CONTRACT IDENTITY||NAME OF WORKS||CONSTRUCTION PERIOD||AMOUNT OF BIDSECURITY|
|1||ANS/NEWMAP/WKS/NS/19-01||Procurement of Contractor for the Construction of Additional Works at Omagba Phase 2 Erosion Site, Onitsha||12monts||N4m (Four Million Naira) in irrevocable Guarantee from a Commercial Bank|
(1) Qualification Criteria:
To be eligible for the construction works, bidders must meet the following criteria:
(a) Have a general construction experience of at least Ten (10) years.
(b) Have a minimum of Two (2) similar contracts of at least N60m each (Sixty Million Naira) that have been satisfactorily or substantially (at least 80%) completed as prime contractor between January 1 2010 and the submission deadline. The qualifying contracts must be in gully erosion control or works related to the assignment.
(c) Minimum average annual turnover in construction works of at least N150M (One Hundred and Fifty Million Naira) in the last Five (5) years.
(d) Provide evidence of firm’s corporate registration in Nigeria
(e) Provide annual audited account for the last Five (5) years to demonstrate the soundness of the bidder financial situation.
(f) Have liquidity and/or evidence of access to or availability of confirmed positive credit facilities of not less than N25 Million (Twenty-five Million Naira).
(g) Have no history of court/arbitral award decisions at least for the past Five (5) years.
(h) Have practical knowledge of vegetative remediation and landscape management techniques.
(i) Bidders are required to submit an Environmental, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) Management Strategies and Implementation Plans required to manage the key ESHS risks of the project as outlined in die relevant sections of the bidding document. The suitability of the proposed strategies and plans will be assessed as part of the bid evaluation.
(j) Bidders are required to submit an Environmental, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) Code of Conduct that will apply to their employees and sub-contractors, and details of how it will be enforced. Details of the required content of the ESHS is contained in ITB 11.1 (i) and Section VII – Works’ Requirements – “Suggested Content for An Environmental and Social Policy Statement” and “Minimum Requirements for the Bidder’s Code of Conduct”.
2. Bidding will be conducted using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers-(“Procurement Regulations”), July 2016, Revised October 2017 and August 2018 and is open to all invited Bidders.
3. You may obtain further information from Anambra State Project Management Unit, Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project, e-mail: email@example.com and inspect the tender document during office hours of 9:00AM to 5:00PM at the address given below.
4. A complete set of tender documents in English Language may be purchased by interested eligible tenderers upon the submission of a written application to the address below and payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N25, 000.00) only. The method of payment is by Certified Cashier’s Cheque (Bank Draft) in favour of “Anambra State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project”.
5. Sealed bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 noon local time on Thursday April 16, 2020. Electronic submission of bids is not permitted.
Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at die address below:
6. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the form of an irrevocable guarantee from a reputable commercial bank in the sum of Four Million Naira (N4M).
7. A Pre-bid meeting would be held at the address below on Thursday April 2, 2020 which is Two Weeks before the tender opening date by 12:00 noon to allow potential bidders seek clarifications on the bidding document
8. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
9. The address referred to above is:
State Project Coordinator,
Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project,
Anambra State Project Management Unit,
14 Onyechi Street, off Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Aroma, Awka (street between ANSIPPA and Total Petrol Station)
Telephone: 09095754625, 08037452028