NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
26/28, MARINA LAGOS
PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4123
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE GENERAL RENOVATION OF PORT ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING AND BASKET HOUSE, RIVERS PORT COMPLEX, PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
The Nigerian Ports Authority hereby invites competent and reputable Civil Engineering companies to tender for the General Renovation of Port Administrative Building and Basket House, Rivers Port Complex, Rivers State.
B. SCOPE OF WORKS
The scope of works shall include but not limited to the following:
Roof works, External windows and doors works, tiling works, carport canopy provision and installation of passenger lift, painting works electrical works.
Further information is contained in the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) to be issued to interested bidders.
C. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Interested companies should submit bound bid documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
1. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7 (or CAC 1.1).
2. Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019) valid till 31′ December, 2020 with minimum cumulative turnover of N250 Million.
3. Evidence of Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019) duly signed by ANAN/ICAN Licensed Auditors.
4. Evidence of Current Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December 2020,
5. Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2020.
6. Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020.
7. Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors. Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 30/06/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP
8. Sworn Affidavit disclosing:
– That the Company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
– Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
– That the Company is not in receivership, subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
9. All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letterhead Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone (preferably GSM No.), fax and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company/Firm at the bottom of the page.
10. Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
11. List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease.
12. Company’s profile to include names, qualification (copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications of such personnel must be attached) and experience of key personnel in civil engineering projects,
13. Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) renovation projects in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Contract Agreements, Job Completion Certificates, etc.
14. Failure to comply with items 1-13 above will lead to disqualification of the bid.
D. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the Office of the General Manager. Procurement, 3rd Floor, on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 Ten Thousand Naira) only. The RRR Number can only be generated at the office of the Asst. General Manager Tariff & Billing on the 4 floor of NPA Headquarters before payment in any commercial bank.
E. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit two (2) bound hard copies each of TECHNICAL and
FINANCIAL BIDS with soft copy of financial bid only in MS Excel format (placed in financial bid envelope), packaged SEPARATELY in SEALED ENVELOPES and clearly marked as “Technical Bid or “Financial Bid” and thereafter put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger envelope addressed to “SECRETARY TO THE TENDERS BOARD, NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY” and clearly marked “INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE GENERAL RENOVATION OF PORT ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING AND BASKET HOUSE, RIVERS PORT COMPLEX, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE” specifying PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4123. Furthermore, the reverse side of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box located on the 3 floor of NPA Annex Building at 1, Joseph Street, off Marina Lagos not later than 11:00 am on Monday, 4 May, 2020.
F. OPENING OF TECHNICAL BIDS
The bid documents received before the deadline for submission will be opened immediately at 11:00 am on Monday, 4th May, 2020 in the Conference room on 3 floor of NPA Annex building. 1. Joseph Street, off Marina, Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please, ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the bid submission office on the 3 floors of the annex building, as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “General Manager (Procurement)” on e-mail: email@example.com.
G. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
2. Bidders are advised to visit the site
3. Late submission will be returned unopened.
4. All costs incurred as a result of this tender invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies.
5. Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned un-opened:
6. The Authority is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to cancel the Procurement proceedings in the public interest without incurring liabilities to the bidders in accordance with the provisions of Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY