NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
26/28, MARINA LAGOS
PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4126
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE PROVISION OF PORT BALLAST WATER
MANAGEMENT RECEPTION AND TREATMENT FACILITIES
The Nigerian Ports Authority is desirous of engaging qualified private sector partners to install, operate, maintain and manage Port Ballast Water Management (BWM) Reception and Treatment Facilities in the underlisted locations under the Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) arrangement:
|Lagos Port Complex (LPC)||Lot 1|
|Tin Can Island Port (TCIP)||Lot 2|
|Onne Port Complex||Lot 3|
|Rivers Port Complex||Lot 4|
|Delta Ports||Lot 5|
|Calabar Port||Lot 6|
Bidders are not allowed to bid for more than two (2) lots
B. SCOPE OF SERVICE
The scope of service includes but not limited to the provision of the following facilities for each port location mentioned above:
a. Reception Facilities capable of storing not less than 100,000 cubic meters of water.
b. Provision of pumping systems with pumping capacity of not less than 5,000 cubic meters per hour. Fitted to provide D-2 compliant water to visiting vessels.
c. Provision of IMO type-approved Onshore/Mobile Treatment Systems with Treatment capacity of not less than 3,000 cubic meters per hour. Fitted to provide D-2 compliant water to visiting vessels More information on the scope of services is contained in the Request for Proposal to be issued to pre-qualified firms.
C. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Interested firms should submit bound EOI documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST REQUIREMENTS
1. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7 (or CAC 1.1).
2. Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019) valid till 31st December 2020 with minimum cumulative turnover of N500 Million.
3. Evidence of Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019) duly signed by ANAN/ICAN licensed Auditors.
4. Evidence of Current Pension Clearance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM) valid till 31st December 2020.
5. Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020.
6. Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020.
7. Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 30/06/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
8. Sworn Affidavit disclosing:
– That the Company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
– Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
– That the Company is not in receivership, subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
9. All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone (preferably GSM No.), fax and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company/Firm at the bottom of the page.
10. Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
11. Company profile to include names, qualification (copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications of such personnel must be attached) and experience of key personnel.
– Key operational staff/technical staff must have at least first-degree certificate or its equivalent in relevant field.
– Each operational staff should have minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Ballast Water Management (BWM) system.
– The technical staff must have sufficient experience (not less than 3 years) of operating and monitoring equipment in this field.
– All staff must be fluent in English language.
12. Evidence of company ISO 9001 certification for Quality Management System.
13. Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar projects on Ballast Water Management in the last ten (10) years by including letters of award, contract agreement, completion certificates, etc.
14. Failure to comply with items 1 – 13 above will lead to disqualification of the bid. (This is applicable for non-Joint Venture submissions).
15. For Joint Venture (JV)/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided. (Items 1-12 are compulsory for each national JV partner, while items 1, 2 and 8 are compulsory for each international JV partner while item 13 can be provided by any of the JV partner
D. SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) DOCUMENT
Interested bidders are to submit two (2) bound copies of EOI documents, paginated and arranged with dividers as indicated above. The EOI documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes and addressed to “THE SECRETARY TO THE TENDERS BOARD, NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY” and clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE PROVISION OF PORT BALLAST WATER MANAGEMENT RECEPTION AND TREATMENT FACILITIES” Specifying PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4126and dropped in the designated Tender Box located on the 3rd floor of NPA annex Building, 1, Joseph Street, off Marina Lagos not later than 11.00am on Tuesday, 9th June, 2020.
E. OPENING OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) DOCUMENT
All EOI documents received before the deadline for submission will be opened immediately at 11.00 am on Tuesday, 9th June 2020 in the Conference room on 3rd floor of NPA Annex building, 1, Joseph Street, off Marina, Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Representatives of Nongovernmental Organizations related to this procurement, transparency and anti-corruption Agencies are hereby invited to witness the bid opening in compliance with Section 19 (b)(ii) of the PPA, 2007. Please, ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the bid submission office on the 3rd floor of the annex building, as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “General Manager (Procurement)” on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
F. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
2. Late submission will not be entertained.
3. All costs incurred as a result of this tender invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies and only short-listed companies will be contacted.
4. The Authority is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to cancel the Procurement proceedings in the public interest without incurring liabilities to the bidders in accordance with the provisions of Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
5. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic regulations by the Government, submissions may be made through courier service, in the stipulated format in (D) above and must not be later than the stipulated time.
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY