EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE ABUJA ROTARY CENTRE
Rotary International is a humanitarian non-profit organization made up of over 1.2 million people in about 32.000 clubs in over 300 countries. These clubs are arranged in 529 Districts Our District 9125 comprises of 23 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory. These 23 states are all the 19 states of the North and the 4 states of the southwest, excluding Lagos and Ogun States In view of the place of Abuja as the National Capital Rotary International District 9125 is desirous of having a one-stop-Centre that will provide office and training facilities as well as accommodation and ancillary facilities of international standard which will enable the Abuja Rotary Centre BECOME THE National Rotary Centre for Nigeria.
1. THE PROJECT:
District 9125 has about 5-acre piece of land in a choice location situated at idu institutional and Research Layout, Abuja. The land is surrounded by high brow developments such as the Nigeria Judicial Council EFCC (Economic & Financial Crime Commission), the Federal Medical Centre, Baze University and Nile University, among others.
1.2. TYPE OF PROJECT
The District is desirous to develop this piece of land into a world-class mixed-use development to be known as the ABUJAROTARY CENTRE comprising of:
– A Conference /Event Hall (Under construction)
– An integrated office Training Hotel Complex
– Picnic/Park Area
– Other ancillary facilities
The District, therefore, wishes to partner with a Real Estate Developer who will undertake the development of the INTEGRATED OFFICE TRAINING/HALL complex on a FINANCE BUILD-OPERATE TRANSFER (FBOT) basis
The proposed development shall have a spatial spread of about Hectares with an approximate built up area of less than 1.5 hectares, comprising of the building and its appurtenances including parking areas.
2. INVITATION FOR BIDS
RI District 9125 now invites EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) from eligible firms to participate in the development of the said mixed use real estate project on FINANCE-BUILD-OPERATE TRANSFER (FBOT) basis. The interested firm must make ensure that the following information and documents are included in the EOI
– Company profile with Curriculum Vitae of Key staff to be deployed to the project
– Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including forms CAC2 and CAC7
– Evidence of Company Income Tax Certificate for the last three (3) years.
– Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years.
– Evidence of past experiences – not less than two (2) years in property development or Fascination in real property development.
– Membership of REDAN or AHCN will be added advantage
– Technical capacity to undertake the project as evidenced by similar projects in the past (5) years.
– Proof that funding can be sourced for the project including reference letters from reputable bank(s).
– Evidence of other statutory documentations such as:
o Valid Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate
o Valid Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF Compliance Certificate
o Pension Compliance Certificate will be added advantage
– Brief description of the Development Concept earmarked for the site
– The Bid must be in English language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder,
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) which shall comprise one (1) hard copy and one (1) soft copy of the Technical and Financial Bids in MS Excel format only, MUST be clearly marked “ABUJA ROTARY CENTRE on the top left-hand side of the envelope and addressed to:
DISTRICT ROTARY CENTRE PROJECT COMMITTEE
ROTARY INTERNATIONAL DISTRICT 9125
5TH FLOOR, PLATEAU HOUSE
PLOT 79 RALPH SHODEINDE STREET
CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT, ABUJA
Interested parties are requested to submit their EOIs not later than 2:00 pm on Thursday, February 20, 2020. Bids submitted after the deadline of submission will be returned unopened.
4. OPENING OF EOIs
– Submitted EOI documents shall be opened immediately after the deadline at 2:00 pm on Monday, May 4th 2020 at the District Governor’s Conference Room, Plateau House 5th Floor, Plot 79 Ralph Shodeinde Street, Central Business District, Abuja.
Note that after evaluation of the EOls only shortlisted applicants will be issued with the REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) and subsequently, requested to submit PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT PLANS (Technical and Financial Bids, including cash flow Projection)for the business at an annual fee Rotary International District 9125 is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liability in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
ABUJA ROTARY CENTRE COMMITTEE