TENDER OPPORTUNITY: REFURBISHMENT OF TANKS IN BONNY AND FORCADOS TERMINAL
NIPEX TENDER NO.: SPDC 00000328
REFERENCE TENDER NO.: CW266057
NCDMB CERTIFICATION OF AUTHORIZATION NUMBER: ES/NCDMB/SPDC-ADVERT/UPD/03121 9
THE SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED (SPDC), Operator of NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender for the Refurbishment of Tanks in Bonny and Forcados Terminal.
The contracts are expected to commence in 2020 that will result from this tender will be four (4) in number which will last for four (4) years primary term with on optional one (1) year term for the Refurbishment of Tanks in Bonny and Forcados Terminal.
Bidders will be expected to demonstrate their capability to accept and deal with the financial and technical complexities associate with a contract associated with a contract of this magnitude and this evidence will be required in the next stages of this Tender. SPDC hereby invites submission from reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies having requisite proven experience in provision of Refurbishment of Tanks in Bonny and Forcados Terminal and all other works within the scope of Works.
Please visit the Nigerian Petroleum Exchange Portal www.nipex.com.ng for further details.
2.0 SCOPE OF WORK
The WORK to be covered under this CONTRACT generally consists of oil works incidental and necessary to the successful completion of Refurbishment of Tanks in Bonny and Forcados Terminals and shall include the following:
• Mobilisation of all required resources and equipment
• Material procurement project management and engineering services
• Site Preparation and Tank Isolation
• Gas-freeing, desludging, cleaning and oil recovery
• Condition Survey of tank roof, floor and shell
• Repair/Replacement of corroded and/or impacted sections of bottom and annular plates
• Repair/Replacement of corroded and/or impacted sections of tank shell
• Repair/Replacement of corroded and or impacted sections of tank roof and pontoons
• Repair/Replacement of primary and secondary roof seals
• Repair/Replacement of lightning protection system
• Repair/Replacement of fire-fighting system
• Repair/Replacement of roof drains
• Blasting and painting of tank floor, roof and shell
• Tank Box Up, Calibration and Commissioning
• Repair of bunds and pads
• Demobilisation and Site Clean-up
3.0 MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
(1) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product Group: 1.08.01 and 4.05.07 in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical and Commercial Tender (ITT).
(2) To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service you are listed for: open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on “Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool* button, click ‘check my supplier status” and then click ‘Supplier Product Group”.
(3) If you are not listed in a product/service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8 Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
(4) To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(5) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
4.0 NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
Vendors ore to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and obo provide the following requirements:
• Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian registered company with greater than 51 % Nigerian shareholding. Submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc.) including company memorandum & article of association and/or evidence of entity’s incorporation, shareholding & ownership structure in Nigeria.
• International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum 90% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
• Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
• Provide a Nigerian Content execution Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian Companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
• State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well- equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
• In line with the NCD Human Capacity Development Initiative, Bidder shall commit to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s)
• Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centres in Nigeria with physical addresses (not P.O. Box).
• Location of in-country facilities (Equipment, storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and, testing facilities)
• Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services.
• Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in.
5.0 CLOSING DATE
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the category 1.08.01 Tanks / Vessels / Columns: Storage Tanks including Spheres and Accessories and 4.05.07 – Engineering / Procurement / Construction / Installation / Commissioning: Terminal/Oil Movement Systems as at 17 February 2020 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.
6.0 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Suppliers eligible for this lender opportunity ore expected to be prequalified in NJQS under the relevant product/, service categories.
• All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
• This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
• The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit both technical and commercial tenders together. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be evaluated based on their submitted commercial tenders.
• NNPC/SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
• SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
NCDMB CERTIFICATION OF AUTHORIZATION NUMBER: ES/NCDMB/SPDC-ADVERT/UPD/031219/REFURBISHMENT OF TANKS IN BONNY AND FORCADOS TERMINAL/