Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don’t Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting qualified Nigerian candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Locations: Abuja (Head office), Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger
Duration: 2 years
Reports to: COP
Travel: 75% (to Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger States)
About the Project
- GHI is working towards implementing The Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project in 4 states; Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto and the FCT in collaboration with USAID.
- The project components involves integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region. The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is January 2021 and for a period of 2 years.
- This individual will lead Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities for the activity.
- S/he will make operational decisions and manage the various components of the program dealing with M&E, will oversee data collection efforts and ensure both the M&E system and results reporting meet the requirements of the WRM-WASH initiative.
- The individual will lead a system for continuous communication with relevant partners, and demonstrate an ability to take critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up.
- The individual will ensure that these and other program components are results-oriented. This individual will have a major focus on achieving results in all areas assuring that the implementation team members are poised to deliver services on schedule.
- She/he will have 3 years of monitoring and evaluation work preferably at the supervisory level.
- She/he must have experience designing and overseeing M&E data collection and reporting for WASH project.
- She/he must have demonstrated ability to implement, operationalize, and manage information collection and assessment system.
- She/he must have demonstrated ability to create and manage information data bases using appropriate software application.
- She/he must have the ability to work in team environment and work with and train non-direct reports to implement program.
- S/he must have strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their application documents to: [email protected] using “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist” as the subject of the email.
- CV (maximum 3 pages). Must include 2 references from current and previous employers. CVs must be result oriented and not task oriented.
- A one page cover letter explaining your interest in participating in the project and why you are the best person for the role.
- These position is contigent upon grant award.
- We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged